Community post

Discussion

Rationalizing all of my "symptoms"

I am pretty sure I experienced a chemical pregnancy last month. Many of those symptoms were firsts for me such as spotting (I spotted 5 dpo and I NEVER spot prior to my period), vomiting 7 dpo without any cause (no weird food or tummy stuff and not sick), my period was 7 days late (I have recorded all my periods for the last 2 years and I've only ever been 1 day late).

So this month of TTC I am very wary of anything that can slightly be considered a symptom. I was reading into EVERY itch, twitch, pain, discomfort, etc. last time and don't want to drive myself crazy again. However, there are a few things I am experiencing but I can explain them more or less:

- Metallic taste in my mouth but I had dental work done last week
- Bloated and gassy but it could be diet (mexican food, fiber, etc) and I have gained a few pounds from the holidays and vacation
- Nausea in the morning but I get up early and may just be hungry
- Tired but as I said I get up super early and tend to only sleep 5 hrs
- Sore BBs but could that just be my body getting ready for AF
- Weird itchy belly not sure if this is even a thing but I did feel it last month
- At 4 dpo I had diarrhea (TMI I know) that couldn't be explained and lasted half the day

So as of today I am 7 dpo and I don't feel pregnant but I did last month even though I wasn't. I am all over the map and not sure if I should even let myself entertain these symptoms as something more.. :( Longest 2 weeks ever

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

first off, good luck to you! You are not alone, last cycle I just knew i was pregnant, but it turned out to be that my body was adjusting to abruptly stopping nuvaring after thanksgiving. I mean, i had every symptom in the book, and spent a small fortune testing lol. In the same boat this month, however i have a better guess of my ovulation and expected cycle dates. My symptoms are nausea, backache, fatigue, sleeplessness, weird/vivid dreams, sore boobs with constantly erect nipples, running to the bathroom, appetite all over the place, and twinges/sensations in my tummy. had actual cramping about 6 and 7dpo, today im at 9dpo and just the sensations. I've taken 2 of the 10miu internet cheapies just to satisfy my testing addiction, but im staying positive. finger's crossed for you!!!

9 years ago

I was the same way. I had spotting, vomitting, the whole nine and tested every day and sometimes more. I was obsessive. I am trying to be more relaxed this time. I had a feeling last month where I would say I felt pregnant. I don't have that feeling this time. I don't know if that is still the disappointment from last month or not.

Good luck to you!! Wishing you tons of baby dust :)

9 years ago • Post starter

It sounds like you were further along in your CP than I was. I was 4 wks 2 d. I know the bleeding process didn't last much longer than a normal period, but my preg. symptoms kept bouncing in and out. I had the major sense of smell which is what really tipped me off to being preg. in the first place. That kept going in and out for a good two weeks. I was also really dizzy and lightheaded all most all the time and that came and went and came and went also. I am so sorry for your loss. I know I have been so hyper-aware of every feeling that my body goes through every single day since that happened.
Right now, I'm only 2 DPO and my boobs feel enormous but I don't think they have really changed in size. I don't know if this is an actual symptom or if I'm just crazy obsessed right now. I try to relax with the awareness but as most of us know, easier said than done.
I wish you all the best of luck!!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo