Community post

Discussion

Are we the only couple like this???

So i have a personal question....having being TTC for almost a year now, with one MC under our belt, I'm wondering if we are the only couple that is this way with the BDing.

So the first week of my cycle - any intimacy is off limits. Just my thing - can't do it and neither can he.

Second week of my cycle - make up for all the lost time during the rest of the month and are hoping beyond hope that things meet up and work out.

Weeks 3 and 4 - we are both so scared of doing anything that might mess up implantion or shake things up I know it sounds crazy, but we can't help it!

So are we the only couple out there that is going through this?

4 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I know it is easy to say but bding during implantation is perfectly fine and doesn't affect anything!! Actually dr. say it is ok to bd during pregnancy too..... but if it bothers you I know it is hard to change

My dh and I have low sex drive (he does) so bding we have to time right or I have to tell him what days to bd... so far he has been trying on those days.... it bothers me though that he doesn't want to bd other times of the month but I am beginning to understand that it is a drive thing and not that he doesn't love me...... So we save the bding for during the week I O while we are ttc.....

I doubt you are the only ones like this! I am sure that you are not alone! It isn't as easy or as straight forward as we all think when we start this journey....

13 years ago

Thanks for the reply....helps to know we aren't the only ones out there going through this. Stress certainly doesn't help the situation either.

If only getting preggos was as simple as I thought it was....someone said it before on another post, but after learning what it really takes to get pregnant and be able to carry to term, I'm shocked there are so many people in the world! It's truly a remarkable experience!

I feel like a lot of people have other issues going on when TTC....especially the longer it takes. It's very hard on a relationship. God knows hubby and I have had our rough patches. In a way, the MC brought us back to the great place we were at before we started TTC. It made us realize what really mattered was that we had eachother - whether we ever have a baby or not.

I know I sometimes get into dark places where I feel like it's all my fault I'm not pregnant, and I must be doing something wrong. We put so much pressure on ourselves and automatically blame ourselves when things don't go as planned. You can feel like a completely nutcase obsessing over symptoms, convinced it's your month, only to have to tell your hubby that the witch showed up again.

Just rambling a little, but want you all to know how much I appreciate this board and all of your opinions and insights. No one knows what this journey is like unless they are going through it.

13 years ago • Post starter

I hear you loud and clear ......after concieving in 2 weeks first time round 16 and a half years ago !!!, i wasnt expecting it to be taking such a long time , this time its been 13 months so far i guess its because im older.

It has began to cause a lot of stress in our relationship, i feel sometimes he doesnt understand me although he really tries he thinks i obsess and stress too much, and that is why this forum is so important as all you ladies understand and i dont feel like im going crazy.

it can be testing but lets hope we all get a BFP very soon

xx

1 son 17 years old , and expecting B/G twins atm that are due next month : )

13 years ago

Bannistersh, wow... i run into you in all the right places ...

Me and Dh are having the " i am not a robot " issue with him not being able to make it happen when we need it to due to the pressure of HAVE TO HAVE TO

We always make sure that 2 days prior to OVulate we do and then every day we can after ovulate for about a week ... they say the More O's you have the better Suction up the Cervix

We are doing our 2nd IUI this month and hoping for some action ..we had some MC's in the begining and nothing for the last 3 months

i take it easy as well during the last week of TWW due to making sure i don't rough them up if they are trying to implant

Melanie

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo