Community post

Discussion

How do you stop reading into everything

My husband and I have just started ttc and I mad already reading too much into things. I have a history of miscarriage, pcos, and dermoid teratomas and have had multiple surgeries on my ovaries, therefore ttc is scary as I don know the extent of damage.

I am 6dpo and have had some cramping in my low abdomen bu it has been on and off last couple of days, my breasts aren't large or swollen but my nipples look a little darker, I have been bloated and tired. All hpt neg so far but it's so early.... Am I reading to much into this?

I just don't want the doctors to be right. I want a baby.

Help

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Oh hun sorry to here about all the things that are going on with your body :( I think that when you want something bad enough it comes into form someway or another. Me and DH have only been try for 6mnths and already its taking its toll, its a harder than ppl think especially for us ladies planning for a baby rather than having and "oops!" baby lol. What I've learned so far is not to put to much thought into the signs in the early stages, cos when AF comes or CP happens its so much harder to accept it and it just becomes depressing. My advice is to wait it out as long as you can to test again BFNs suck and we are all in the same boat when it comes to looking for signs thats its our turn, just keep trying, and try out different things to help. I take prenatal vits, green tea,bby asprin, chart, check cm, opks and dh take vits to help him too :) you never know what might work! Baby Dust! xx

11 years ago

Hi,

I started trying for my first child when I was 23. I had my first son when I was 34. One ex husband and a lot of anguish, disgust, and self-loathing later and I remarried and my husband and I are now trying to conceive our 4th and last child.

I used to plot sex, record every twinge, and generally drive myself insane trying to figure out if I was pregnant or not. When I wasn't I would blame myself and try to figure out what I had done wrong. Needless to say baby making was not a loving, fun experience but a chore that was to be endured. Not the best experience to say the least.

That near decade of TTC changed me a lot. As we try to conceive this child I try not to dwell on the fact that I have been trying for almost half a year with no luck. Instead I set limits on myself. I tell my husband when I will most likely be ovulating. We will try to have sex frequently during that time, but, I will not get mad or go crazy if it does not happen every night. I will not buy 30 pregnany tests and test 4 times a day and then get depressed when it is negative. I will limit the amount of time I sit online trying to figure out what I did wrong because that takes time away from my family who I love.

I will attempt to increase my chances by using preseed and robutussin and perhaps OPKs. But most of all I will realize that it is in God's hands and it does not make me less of a human being for wanting another child and it does not make me less of a person if I am unable to have another one.

I wish you the best. for everyone.

Angel

12/08 + 1/10 + 07/11, Had to do a lot of for baby #4. Yuck!!!! User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo