Community post

Discussion

ttc but had the mirena for 1 year

I had the mirena iud in for one year then had it removed. Ive been ttc since February 24,2014. I have had no luck. Me n my husband's have been doing it 6-7 times a week if not more. What else can i do with out getting my doctor involved? Are there any home remedies or vitamins i should try?

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi, I'm obviously not a doctor, so I'm just relaying info. Have you been using an OPK? It used to be said that you should only BD every other day, but now many say every day is fine unless your guys sperm count has issues. Maybe try an OPK and try going to every other day?

My doc says that the majoirty of people get pregnant within a year, but I think its about 93%.

Do you drink a lot/regularly? Does your partner? What about smoking? Have you researched the medications you take regularly to make sure they aren't having an effect on your fertility? Is your cycle regular?

There are forums where people talk about TTC after the Mirena specifically, and some say a year, but many say 1-6 months kind of thing before they got pregnant. I had mine for 4.5 years and am now 6 DPO on our 2nd month of trying. From what I've read on the Mirena, I don't have concerns about it causing long-term fertility issues.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo