Day Past Ovulation 56789101112131415    
Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

Anyone else's morning/day sickness feel like extreme hunger?

Category: After a Positive - Early Pregnancy Chatter
Posted by Neekie » Mar. 9, 2011 5:32am

So i only just found out a few days ago i am preggadoed, im only 4 weeks, but i feel like im starving all the time and im confused to weather i am actually starving or its morning/day sickness?

Anyone else?

Neekie
Reply by highhopes2011 » Mar. 9, 2011 8:04am

Hey there, I'm 5 weeks right now and for a few days last week, I was nauseus, but also hungry. I was able to keep food down, so I ate what I could. Then a few minutes later, I would feel nauseus again. I'm not really sure if I was actually nauseus, or if I was just so hungry that my stomach was upset. Its completely gone now. I would say that as long as you can keep food down, it should be fine.

Married to an amazing man, mother to a 4 y/o beagle, and bringing baby #1 home around November 9th, 2011!!!!!!!
User Image
User Image

highhopes2011

Reply by kirstinleigh » Mar. 9, 2011 2:02pm

Hello ladies. My experience was totally like that. I found that mine would start as hunger, and then if I didn't eat something it would progress to starvation and then I was soooo hungry that I was nauseous.

Soda crackers and gingerale helped, especially first thing in the morning. And carbs were about the only things that would stay down.

Good luck! Congratulations!

User Image

kirstinleigh

Reply by Neekie » Mar. 9, 2011 6:55pm

Hi Ladies,

Thank you, it seems to be worse when i haven't eaten.

But it comes and goes on different days.

Lets hope this one sticks :)

Neekie

Reply by Lemons » Mar. 10, 2011 5:05am

Hello

At your stage I was ravenous. The sickness kicked in around week 5 and lasted until week 10. It always helped to eat something bland like a rice cake.

Lx

pregnancy week by week

Lemons

Reply by whippetmom » Mar. 12, 2011 9:49am

Mine started early on, but was mild. Before I knew I was pregnant, I was driving somewhere and watching my windshield wipers was making me sick.

At about my 5th week, I would have some nausea after breakfast, but it was relatively mild and would wear off after 2-3 hours.

At the 6th week, the nausea hit a new level, and after breakfast I feel sick pretty much all day. There are times where I'm starving and my stomach is growling, but the thought of just about all food turns my stomach. Eating smaller meals throughout the day helps to an extent, but these days nothing seems good to me, not even things I once loved.

I got some Sea Bands yesterday and that helped. The nausea didn't totally go away, but I felt well enough to eat a little for lunch, and by dinner I had an appetite.

These days most of what I liked before turns my stomach, and stuff I never ate seems really appealing. Like right now that white bean and tomato casserole in my fridge makes me shudder, but if you handed me a cheeseburger, I'd probably eat it. And then once I eat something, I never want to see it again (hence the growing stack of leftover containers in the fridge).

whippetmom