Community post

Discussion

What cramping is normal?

Hello all!

I recently found out I was pregnant, 4 wks and 2 days so still pretty early. I know it's really soon, but I am having occasional cramping pains. It doesn't last long and only happens every now and then. It's like a period cramp onlya little more sharp. Is this the uterus stretching like they say or am I am worrying too much that it's a miscarriage? Please help! :(

7 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hey. I'm at 5 weeks 5 days, and I've been feeling something similar for about a week and a half. It's normal to experience cramping, as long as you're not bleeding. Congrats! I would try not to worry so much (I know, it's hard to try!) and enjoy being pregnant!

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Thanks Felurian,
I think you're right, I just need to not be so paranoid it's just so hard to read all the negative things there are about pregnancy and not be worried! But I'm just gonna not think about it and congrats to you too btw! :)

11 years ago • Post starter

You will also cramp during the times when you skip a period. I've only missed three so far and it just now went away. The first two months when I should have gotten my period if I wasn't prego I cramped just like I normally did during AF. Usually a growing uterus that causes the ligaments around it to stretch and thin out has a little different pain, more like a jabbing pain usually on one side of the stomach or the other rather than the normal cramps. But then again everyone is different and as long as your cramps aren't extremely severe and followed by bleeding or spotting then you're ok :) congrats btw!!

Baby Isabel Grace is due to grace us with her presence on April 16, 2013!  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago

Thanks airforcewife!

I'm finally calmed down and realizing after research and asking those who've experienced it that it is normal. Thank you so much I am so excited for this journey :) congrats to you too! Can't wait to be as far along as you! Lol

11 years ago • Post starter

Congrats ladies

Make today a great one! User Image

11 years ago

Yep 4 weeks 4 days here due 15 July. Exact same symptoms for a little less than a week

11 years ago

Hi ladie, thank goodness I'm not imagining the cramping, I am 5 weeks pregnant and am starting to experience severe wind, I can't eat spicy food anymore, had BBQ chicken wings Wednesday and got bunged up, my wind was there but couldn't be released, anyone else experiencing this?
I'm due July 21 first child after having an mc 10 years ago sooooo I will probably drive ye mad with my symptoms.

To all of us

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo