Community post

Discussion

I just found out and I'm really nervous

Is it normal to be this nervous/anxious about a pregnancy or am I overreacting? I wasn't exactly TTC yet... I wanted to wait about 8 more years. So now I'm really unprepared and I don't really know what to do or how to feel. Can anyone help me? Or at least talk to me about this it's really nerve-racking.

4 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I could be wrong, but I think most women on these boards are desperately trying for a baby and would be jumping for joy to see a positive. Many are going through fertility treatments and squint and analyze hpts over and over because they want to be pregnant so bad. (Just see the hpt photo gallery.) And then we do the same for each other.

This is not said as a judgment, simply to explain the difference.

I do truly feel sorry for you if this isn't something you were expecting or exactly hoping for, and hope that however it turns out makes you really happy, but you might find more like-minded people elsewhere.

(Not that you aren't welcome here. That's not even my call. I'm just saying these types of pages typically attract people of a different mind set.)

11 years ago

anda you're normal. Even these women who are trying for years would be nervous. They would be excited and jump for joy and then become nervous. I have 2 children I wanted them both and I was nervous with both and the thought of having another makes me a little anxious and nervous but you get over it. Being a mother is just nerve wracking as heck. Life is unpredictable nothing is ever as its planned. Congrats mama and do your thing!

Mom of 2 very energetic girls in need of a son!

11 years ago

Ha thanks (: I just wasn't trying at all and when I found out I wasn't sure how to react. I'm really excited but I guess the unpredictability of it all is getting to me. I should just be glad it's happening right (:

11 years ago • Post starter

Right! Babies are awesome!

Mom of 2 very energetic girls in need of a son!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo