Community post

Discussion

Ectopic Pregnancy

Well i jst survived an Ectopic pregnancy but lost my right tube in the process. Docs say everythin else is really healthy so i should have no problem TTC again. Sadly i also had an early miscarraige last aug. Not sure if its bad luck or natures way of telling me to stop trying????

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I'm SO sorry for your loss! A miscarriage is traumatic enough without loosing a tube :( I think you should go with your gut, if you need some time to decide whether or not to keep trying, or if you still really want to keep trying. Do what you feel you need, and don't let anyone else's thoughts or opinions cloud your feelings!

Jessica Married to Jeremiah 05/10/2003 Mom to Alyssa 11/14/2003 Autumn 05/15/2008 and our 10/30/2014 Asher Jeremiah due 11/30/2015 User Image

9 years ago

Your story sounds a lot like mine except I kept my tube. My m/c was back in May and ectopic in October. Ectopic was definitely harder to cope with. As they are different causes, it seems that we both just suffer from "bad luck", and hopefully we can both succeed third time lucky. With your tube gone, there is less risk of another ectopic than with the tube kept.

I am keeping trying, but I know some people need a bit of time out from ttc after a loss. Whichever you decide, please make sure you look after yourself emotionally, the next while is not going to be an easy ride so make sure you don't over commit yourself to anything.

9 years ago

im sorry for your losses. i had my ectopic in september of last year and left tube removed so i know what youre going through. dont think its natures way of telling you anything. 2 losses deefinitely is hard on the heart and frustrating but its not the end of the road. if you really want a baby still, keep trying! give your body and also your emotions 3-6 months to heal and then if you really want a baby still then try again. its worth the effect and the heartache if a baby is what you want! it will be scary and tense and not a fun pregnancy after going through all this especially the first trimester but it will be worth it in the end. after my ectopic i said i dont want any more kids im done (i also have a 3 year old) and i was set on it. 4 months later, my emotions and scars healed and i went for it and got pregnant. in the first 2 weeks after getting my BFP i went to the ER and the doc 3 times because i was freaking out over every little thing. but now at 8-9 weeks, i feel much much much better than those initial days and feel almost like im in the clear. im GLAD i did it even though i was SO scared some of the worst days of my life but its worth it now to me. so do some soul searchign but definitely give it 3-6 months before you make a decision. GL and prayers with you!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo