Community post

Discussion

Ovulation Pain Help!

Hello Ladies,
I came across this site 3 weeks ago and I have become addicted! I just love the fact that there is an outlet for my obsession. We have been TTC for 3 months now (3 months before that NTNP). However you look at it, we're not pregnant yet!

So I'm in need of some help. I've looked throughout the internet this morning and my situation is unclear. I'm on CD12 today and I tested positive on my OPK yesterday (CD11). This morning, I woke up to what I think is an intense ovulation pain. I have been on BC for 14 yrs and came off it just under 2 yrs ago. So I never know much about O pain. I also experienced, for the very first time, ruptured cysts (1st time in late Nov. & 2nd time in early Jan). I've been sweating about my cysts ever since I started getting them. The symptoms of the cysts could be so, so similar to PMS, O pain, pregnancy symptoms, etc. So I'm wondering if I have just O today or not? Should we BD again today b/c I'm not feeling too sexy with my current symptoms of sharp twinges in my lower abdomen, pain in lower left back AND bloated lower abdomen! I did another OPK today and the test line was pretty darn close to a positive. However, compared to yesterday's result where the test line was definitely darker than the control line, I'm thinking that I'm coming off my LH surge. I'm confused on whether I've already O or not. I'm currently taking Evening Primrose Oil and I need to stop taking them if I did O! Please help! Thanks so much!

2 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi Beachbum,

I have been ttc since Oct, but I only have had 3 cycles since then due to a delayed cycle from stress and two regular ones. Anyway, I have been spending the last several months trying to figure out my cycle. They appear to be 35-36 days long, but figuring out the whole ovulation timing was another trick... so I used OPK. The first month I used them I think I stopped before I ovulated, but last month I tested twice a day and got a positive on CD 22 (5pm) and CD 23 (8am). On CD 23 was the day I had the ovulation pain. From what I researched the first day you get a positive you can expect that ovulation will occur on the second day. I have heard that you should stop testing after your first positive, because it is confusing but very common to have two positive days in a row. I got my positive the morning of the second day and that afternoon was when I had pretty intense ovulation pain. I assumed that was when I ovulated. To answer you question I also found through research you should try to BD the two days or the day before ovulation and the day of. Even though you might feel uncomfortable that was what I found out. I wished I had BD early that day, but my husband was at work. So that is my plan for next week when I am due to ovulate again. I wish I had a success story to share with you from my experience last month :( I hopefully will soon. Good luck to you.

User Image

13 years ago

Hi Melissababy,
Thanks so much for your response. It really can be quite confusing, isn't it?

I have also came across the same information on when to BD after a positive OPK test. What's confusing me is the O pain. Most sites say that you will ovulate within a few days AFTER the pain and just a few mentioned that the pain comes AFTER you've O'd. So I was quite confused! I forgot to mention that my BBT spiked up on CD12, (the same day of my intense O pain and 2nd positive OPK result). I'm charting on FF so I think that it will say that I O'd on CD11. Of course, this morning, my BBT dropped quit a bit but it's still above my coverline.

BTW, I did try one of the remedies that was mentioned on the internet: use a heating pad. Since I didn't have one at home, I just soaked a big hand towel in pretty hot tap water and folded a few times to sufficiently cover the painful area (lower left belly for me this time). I did it about 4-5 times as the towel will lose its warmth after a while. I did feel much better afterward! However, by the time I felt sexy enough for one more "insurance BD", it was probably 8 hrs after the O pain.

Thanks again for your response. Hopefully you and I will figure out our cycles at some point. Mine is not as long as yours but my O day seemed to moved around quite a bit. Some of the info. on the internet said that you should have BD a few days before you even test positive on you OPK. I think that I missed mine this month as I O'd 3-4 days earlier than what I've noticed in my last 3 cyles.

13 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo