Community post

Discussion

Hot Flashes?

Hi ladies,
Just some background... I am 38, trying to conceive my 2nd child (my first is 10 yrs). I have been pregnant 3 times this past summer all ending in chemical pregnancies. I started using progesterone cream day 19 of this cycle just to be on the safe side (all blood tests, ultrasound, etc. came back normal), but my doc didn't test for progesterone so I am frustrated and done waiting around for her to do this. So about 3 days ago my face starts turing red and it feels super hot! My body itself doesn't feel hot per say, just my face, chest and head. I look sunburned at various times of the day! It reminds me of the hot/red face I got in early pregnancy 10 years ago with my DD. Could this be early preg symptom, or does progesterone cream cause hot flashes (I thought it was supposed to actually help with hot flashes, lol.)

Thanks for your help/support/stories/etc :)

4 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi what DPO's did you get hot flashes? have you tested yet?

11 years ago

Well turns out I was pregnant!! I'm now 5 weeks :)

11 years ago • Post starter

Congrats Hvargish!

I get these too, but have always had them since before coming off the pill so know I am not pg. My face gets really hot about an hour after having a cup of tea in the morning and then again early afternoon, but weirdly only happens at work! Face just feels really hot and stuffy, like I need fresh air but my hands are just cool enough to put them on my face (not that it cools down though!). Only lasts for about 20 mins.

User Image

11 years ago

Yay congratulations!! xx

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo