Community post

Discussion

Mind messing with body, or are these symptoms real?

Four weeks ago Monday was the last time I had sex. I never had, and was told I probably would never have, a cycle.
The symptoms started last Thursday- I was in the car and was feeling dizzy. This struck me as odd because I had eaten an hour earlier.
The next day, after eating lunch, my stomach hurt, but I shrugged it off. After dinner on the same day, I got sick.
Saturday wasn't too bad, I had a migrane-like headache, and felt nauseous again.
Sunday was actually a pretty good day, if I didn't eat every couple hours I'd feel nauseous but it wasn't a big deal.
Monday was when I really started to wonder. My mom took me jean shopping, and I jumped several sizes. I just looked in the mirror and cried for at least 5 minutes. I never cry in public, let alone when I'm by myself. About mid-July, I gained roughly 5 pounds in 4 days. I found that odd, but started working out for several hours a day (I went on vacation and felt awful in a bathing suit, so I wanted to loose some weight). I never lost any weight. My stomach is still getting bigger. No other part of my body, just my stomach. Anyways, Tuesday I spotted. I've never bled before, and when I asked my friend if it was my cycle starting, she explained what spotting was and why I should get checked out.
I didn't cramp at all Monday or Tuesday, but on Wednesday and Thursday the cramping was mild and only happened when I would be sitting still, or getting in and out of the shower. My breasts hurt whenever I bump into them as well. They are also getting darker.
My emotions have been all over the place, and I'm seeing some other physical indicators, such as constant wetness without burning or itching, and I can see my veins on my hands and around my breasts. I have been nauseated at the sight of certain foods, and about two days ago, my lower back started to hurt in bed. Last night was the worst, I was up twice and found it hard to go back to sleep.
I just wanted to join this site, and write this, because I do not want to go back into the doc right away. My friends have warned me that this could all be in my head. Back in college 4 months ago, I had a cold, and thought I was having symptoms. This time, they're different, and when I told the guy I had slept with that I didn't feel good, he blocked my number and hasn't talked to me since.
I'm afraid of not being pregnant...because then I wouldn't have an explanation as to what's wrong with me...
I was tested for std/i's in May and came out clean.
I cannot remember the name of what problem my uterus has (heart-shaped), but the doctor told me I only have a 30% of conceiving. But I was with this guy every week in July, 2 times a week for several hours at a time. I'm just afraid this time we weren't careful enough. We never used any protection, and I'm not on any pill.
I would just like some ideas as to what's happening to me. When I press on my stomach, it feels a little hard, but I'm also wondering if the weight I hadn't lost (IF I am preg) is just covering up the bump? I'm 19, I'm confused, and I know I should take a real test but I haven't had time to get one yet. I also realize if I test too soon it could be false pos/neg.
I would also be a help if you added me on here. (:
Thank you for reading.

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Are you saying you've never had a period? That seems to point to not ovulating, but I'm no expert, and if the doctor said you can still get pregnant, then it can certainly be the case if you've had that much unprotected sex over the course of a month that you happened to do it while you were fertile. 30% is still more than 0%.

Unless you're pretty far along in the pregnancy, you probably wouldn't have a physical 'bump' yet, but I would certainly test at this point! Drug store HPTs are pretty accurate, they might give false negatives if it's too early, but they will rarely give a false positive. If you conceived in July then you'd most likely get a positive by now if you're pregnant. You should find out so you can make sure you're taking the right vitamins and avoiding things that might be dangerous to the baby.

And if you're not pregnant, there might be some other reason for your symptoms that you'd still need to check out. I had a 'hard bump' in my abs and it turned out to be a pretty large fibroid. They do grow so it could be the reason for your sudden weight gain - though they usually don't grow that quickly unless you're also pregnant. But it could also be something else that you'll need to take care of.

At the very least, take a test and find out for your own peace of mind.

Good luck.

BFP 11/2011; missed m/c 12/2012; D&C 1/2012. Surgery to remove fibroids 4/2012. Trying again 7/2012~ --------- I'm on a quest to live life as if every day were vacation. Follow my journey at http://summerandsundays.com

11 years ago

Right, I have never had a period. But the doctor didn't say my body wasn't capable of ovulating. She even told me that I needed to be careful because of it. I'm having bloodwork done in a few weeks for other things that she wanted to check out, and make sure all the levels were ok. But I just ordered a test so probably tomorrow I'll know what's going on.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo