Community post

Discussion

To all us recent BFP-ers

I am 4 weeks, 2 days today, and I just found out yesterday. I am not feeling so great in the morning, but other than that I feel great. How are we all feeling?

to you all!

Lindsay

16 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 16 Replies | Last Page

Congratulations! I'm right there with you, due April 25! I've been noticing the following symptoms, though they aren't obvious -- more subtle:
-thirstiness and frequent peeing
-twinges in my abdomen (almost cramps but not quite)
-sore BBs
-fatigue and difficulty sleeping through the night - tough combo!

I also haven't been able to eat as much at each meal... And I've lost two pounds because of it! I'm not queasy, just full faster! If I wasn't analyzing my symptoms like a hawk, I probably wouldn't have noticed these. It's just like I'm mildly under the weather!

Good luck to you! I hope we both have sticky beans!!

11 years ago

Thanks Beatrice! We have the exact same due dates! How cool is that? At least that's what the due date calculator says, I'm not sure if that will change once I go to my first OB appointment.

As for symptoms ours are very similar. The sore bbs was my first indication that we'd gotten lucky. Then came the fatigue, frequent bathroom trips, and being extra thirsty. Last night I was up twice to go to the bathroom, and this morning I don't feel rested at all.

As far as eating we are a little different. I am noticing that I am never hungry like I used to be, but when I make myself eat I do consume more that I usually do (I have always been a light eater). I think I need to change what I'm eating too, because the past 2 days after eating I haven't felt too good.

Have you been to your first OB appointment yet? I have to call tomorrow and am very nervous! The whole blood testing and hsg level monitoring can be stressful (I had an ectopic last year).

to you too! Are you going to move over the the pregnancy page?

Lindsay

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi JacksonWest! I did switch over to the pregnancy group, but it doesn't seem like much is going on over there. And I'm still maintaining my BBT chart on this site, so I pop in at least once a day to the forums!

My first appointment isn't until the middle of September, at about 8 weeks. That makes me a little nervous, since I read about all these people getting beta blood tests. All I've had is my urine hcl tests, but they seem to be getting darker, so I'm somewhat reassured.

I'm so sorry about your ectopic. I read your other post on the boards that described your experience in more detail. So double congratulations on the recent positive! What were the symptoms of your ectopic? I'm so nervous about miscarriage. I'm of "advanced maternal age" and my honey is also of "advanced paternal age." So that increases our risk. But we got pregnant pretty easily, so I'm hopeful.

Keep in touch, since we are due date buddies! You can message me too if you prefer, but I'll keep checking this strand. Good luck!!!

11 years ago

With my ectopic I knew something was wrong from the beginning. On a Sunday morning, the day AF was due, I got my bfp, and by the afternoon I was on my couch with horrible cramps and heavy bleeding. When at first they couldn't find anything on the u/s they said it was a miscarriage, but my hsg kept going up. Finally at 6-7 weeks they were able to see it in my tube and I was rushed into surgery.

With this one I have had absolutely no bleeding, and so many pregnancy symptoms, when with the ectopic I had no symptoms. So I am praying this one is right where it needs to be. It is still a big worry for me, and will be until we see him or her on the u/s the first time. I am hopeful with my previous ectopic I can get in to see my ob this week.

Let's keep in touch! Try not to worry about your age, if you're healthy you will be fine, especially if you have had no prior problems. My mom had me when she was 40, and since she was healthier and more active than when she had my brother at 32 her pregnancy with me was actually better.

Today my symptoms have been worse than yesterday, been feeling crappy all day. :-(

Lindsay

Well, it sounds like THIS baby is right where he or she needs to be. Three cheers for sore boobs, a queasy stomach, and twingy cramps! Haha.

I'm definitely trying to stay optimistic! I conceived this baby on (or MAYBE one day after) my 39th birthday. So that means he or she is very lucky! Plus it means I will be having this baby while I'm still in my 30's!! Also, I was premature myself, so in that sense, I won't REALLY be 39 until early October. And what's more, I didn't start my period until I was 14. So my eggs have been doing their thing for a couple years less than most women my age! As you can see, I've come up with a whole lot of reasons why my pregnancy is going to be just fine!

I can't believe what you went through last time! Thank goodness they figured it out in time. I hope they do get you in soon, just so you can put your mind completely at ease. Though as you say, these two pregnancies are as different as night and day.

I've still been doing pregnancy tests! I'm not really sure why. I guess I wanted to make sure it wasn't a chemical pregnancy. I did one this morning, and got a nice dark line. I only have one more of my internet cheapies, so I might just need to curb my addition to peeing on a stick. The two lines are just so pretty!

I hope you feel better soon... well, actually, let's face it. I hope you continue on feeling crappy since it means you are pregnant! But I hope you can put it out of your mind for a bit at least!

11 years ago

I just got my BFP on Saturday :) Does anyone else have to keep reminding themselves and trying to convince themselves this is real?! Yesterday I almost ordered a rare tuna sandwich and I suddenly realized, oops! No raw fish!

Feeling okay. I get my worst nausea in the afternoon so the last few hours of work are not fun. I think I might need to invest in some ginger ale. :)

User Image

11 years ago

Yes it still doesn't feel real. I have an ob appointment Friday, and I hope the doc is able to see something! Then it might feel more real for me. Right now I just feel like I have the flu. And for me ever since I found out Friday I have had no appetite whatsoever. Today I had to force down half a peach for breakfast, half an avocado sandwich for lunch (I'm a vegetarian), and it's 9pm here and I have had no craving for dinner. It worries me I need to stay healthy and feed my little bean! Still no morning sickness for me yet. Took an internet cheapie today (last one, ugh) and the pregnant line was nice and dark, so that makes me feel good.

Lindsay

Agreed, I just make myself eat. My friend told me to eat even if I didn't feel hungry because it would help with the nausea so I've been trying to do that. I don't have my first OB appointment until Sept 11! It feels an eternity away! I know I'm going to dole out the remainder of my wondfo tests to tide me over until the doctors. Seeing those lines doesn't get old. :)

I mostly do vegetarian too- always at home, some fish if I'm out somewhere and there's nothing else to eat. I've been eating a lot of spinach salads for dinner with some sort of bean on it since that seems to sit with me well.

User Image

11 years ago

I think I'd feel a little better about the pregnancy if I started feeling nauseated. Mostly, I'm just feeling the effects of the strong progesterone-- sore BBs, thirsty, and still some twinges in the abdomen area.

It's funny that we are all still POAS! I just used my last Internet cheapie today as well! Solid, dark lines! I might have to order some more!! My doctor's appointment isn't until Sept 17! that's a long time to go without confirmation that my little bean is sticky! I'm kind of thinking about buying a fetal Doppler. I guess you can listen to the heartbeat after 8-9 weeks. My sister had a missed miscarriage at 16 weeks, and didn't find out until her 18 wk sonogram. I'm so afraid of that! Have you guys heard anything about dopplers?

Good luck with the eating woes! My appetite seems to have returned!

11 years ago

Hi Beatricebythesea! I did see this yesterday when I was having my bout of worrying and googling like a crazy person:
http://www.pregnancyloss.info/productstoavoid.htm

Apparently if you're going to go for a doppler you want to be careful about the brand you buy.

It's hard not to worry, isn't it!? I am going to try really hard to just have faith that everything is okay and enjoy this time. It's so special and I don't want to ruin it by being worried all the time. Easier said than done, but I'm going to try!

User Image

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo