Community post

Discussion

BFP

The road to this bfp has been a difficult one. Last November my first ended up with me in the hospital, having laparoscopic surgery to remove my left tube due to an ectopic pregnancy that was barely caught in time before rupture. We were devastated but optimistic as everyone said that conceiving again shouldn't be a problem, although it might take a little longer with only one tube.

In March we started trying again, and until June I went crazy using every fertility method I could. I used opks, charted my fertile days, and made sure to as much as possible during my fertile periods. By June we were both exhausted and was losing its spark and becoming a chore.

In June I had my 6 month post-ectopic appointment with my gyn, and he strongly suggested an hsg test to make sure my other tube was clear. He had seen it during surgery and said it was fine, but he still urged us to have the hsg just to know for sure that there was no blockage.

Let's just say I was not looking forward to that hsg. I knew it was necessary, why wait another 6 months trying if we could know now that there was a problem? Honestly I was afraid of there being a problem, and afraid of the pain that I'd read about could happen during an hsg. Well, I had it early July and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Don't get me wrong, it was painful and uncomfortable and my radiologist who performed the test was an idiot male who acted like I was just having an x-ray and wasn't having a small tube inserted into my cervix and being asked to move around like a rotisserie turkey (God bless the lady nurse who was there with me). Anyway the dye traveled through my tube so it was all worth it.

The nurse told us as we were leaving of the increased success rate for couples in the months following an hsg procedure. But since we were fed up with trying so hard, we decided to relax, stop all the opks and charting, and just let it happen when it's meant to happen. I thought it would be hard to let go, but it was the best feeling in the world, because the pressure went away, and went back to being about us and not about making a baby.

Two cycles later and we are on vacation when my is due. Before we left I did have some wishful thinking of a , and didn't pack any pads or tampons with the hope that I wouldn't be needing them. Well, I was right. Yesterday was due and there was no sign of her. I had had no symptoms in the days prior of her arrival, I usually have brown spotting, cramps, and a migraine. We were on the way to meet some friends for a drink, and I just got the urge to test. We stopped at a pharmacy, and I tested in the bathroom of a supermarket. I had bought a digital because I just couldn't see myself analyzing a line in a small bathroom stall. That wait for the test to show yes/no seemed to take forever. The blinking clock just kept tormenting me. Then, finally, I got my yes. I knew it! I took a picture of it and texted it to DH who was waiting outside the bathroom.

We didn't end up meeting our friends, we just went back to where we were staying and enjoyed some time just the two of us. It feels wonderful knowing that in 8 months we will be bringing home a baby that we created together. It is still a little surreal only one day after knowing.

My best advice to all you ladies out there is don't knock the power of your mind/body and its effect on getting pregnant. I truly believe that letting go and taking the stress away made all the difference. I'm sure the hsg helped as well.

Lindsay

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Beautiful Story!!!!!!!!!

User Image

11 years ago

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I agree with trying not to do all the obsessing and using all the "techniques" to try and get pregnant.. I'm still temping but I feel like it's pointless.. DH and I have been getting back into that "us" mode but we both REALLY want it so bad that sometime I get so sad. Your story gives me hope that if I truly just let the Lord work in our life His will will be done.

"Whatever is to be, must be" - Bob Marley

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo