Community post

Discussion

Anyone experience vertigo early during the TWW?

Monday (approximately 5dpo) as soon as I woke up I felt dizzy. Very dizzy. Like the room flipped. I even walked into the bedroom wall trying to get to the bathroom. Initially I thought I'd simply sat up too quickly. But I the dizziness just got worse. By Tuesday, the vertigo was sooooo bad I could hardly lift my head. DH took me to the urgent care. The Dr said my ears and sinuses looked fine and my urine analysis was negative for pregnancy or any UTIs. I was prescribed ANTIVERT and told to see my family dr if the symptoms had not stopped within 48 hours (to rule out a virus with upper respiratory congestion that had been going around... Even though I had no head or chest congestion). Sooooo here I am at approximately 8dpo, still with vertigo. Yesterday, I was unable to get out of bed, but today the vertigo comes and goes in spells. I only feel nauseated when I'm having a spell. I've had a loss of appetite, and vomit if I eat more than a few bites or sips of something. My blood pressure had been normal all week. I haven't checked my blood sugar, but I've never had a problem with either one. I have no history of anemia.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced vertigo this soon after ovulation and got a BFP? Maybe its just hormones being crazy or completely unrelated to my cycle.

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I forgot to add that I also had lower back cramps Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. But it was most intense, like a pinching pain, on the left side.

11 years ago • Post starter

Sorry I know this is years late for a reply, but I had much the same symptoms with a BFP. Dizziness, (not as sever vertigo) but for a few days it was hard to walk straight. I didn't take medication as it wasn't that bad. Also back cramps,etc you described. Definitely turned out to be a BFP!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo