Community post

Discussion

Trying to conceive twins

Has anyone researched or heard of research on how to conceive twins? Are there any special vitamins I can take to improve my chances?
They don't run in my family (which I've heard is a prerequisit) I was just wondering if anyone knows if its possible to have twins even if they don't run in your family?
I am 24 and don't take Clomid btw.

5 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Id love to conceive twiins too!!! My mom had twins but it was because she was older, technicaly they don't run in my family either.

I'm 25 so is DH and we're ttc number one (and 2??!) He's not crazy about the twin idea tho.

All I've found is that u should eat lots of yams and maybe pray? :-)

Let me know if u find anything!

User Image

11 years ago

I am working on conceiving twins right now! I'm in my TWW after trying a few supplements and meds.

My protocol is as follows, if you're interested in my personal journey. If you want to know what other people have done, join up at TTCTwins.com, they have given me some amazing information and a great community to learn from and lean on.

Dietary/Behavioral (different from usual):
switch from low fat to full fat dairy products
get lots of sunshine, particularly early morning

Supplements:
Prenatal
B, C, D
Fish Oil
Evening Primrose Oil
Black Cohosh
Cassava (I got mine from cassavashop.com, here is a 10% off coupon code that will probably work: 10FORGOS)

Medicines:
Clomid, 50 mgs taken days 3-7 in my cycle
Follistim, 75 IUs days 8-12 in my cycle
Ovidrel, 6500 IUs taken on day 14 of my cycle

The clomid and follistim are to help mature more than one egg, and the ovidrel is for actually releasing more than one egg. They are usually used for women who are infertile but I am not (to my knowledge), I am taking them to try to conceive twins. The Evening Primrose Oil and Black Cohosh are only to be taken until ovulation, they help mitigate the side effects of the medicines. Cassava is supposed to help the probability of twins.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I'd be glad to help. Here's hoping this cycle is my first and last trying to conceive twins!

11 years ago

Wow thanks for the info!!! I will def check that site out! I hope you conceive twins this cycle as well :) Keep me updated!

11 years ago • Post starter

It sure would be nice! I'm only on day 3 or 4 past ovulation so I'm mostly using this site to obsessively categorize my symptoms to see if I'm pregnant yet. ;)

11 years ago

I'd love twins too!!! Took cassava and ate yams... Heard dairy is also meant to work/help...!? But the full strength stuff lol so no light milk n cheese etc.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo