Community post

Discussion

5 months ttc baby # 2

I can't believe how hard it has been... we briefly talked about our first baby and got pregnant on the first try! And now, nothing is working... and to make matters worse, my husband is getting irritated with back to back sex for the fertile week, he wants a baby but he wants it to be as easy as the first time, I wish it was. I try not to talk about ovulation and all this with him, cause he doesn't need the added stress, but the both of us would love to be pregnant before he deploys in feb...

The only noticable symptom I have is sharp, pins and needles kinda pain in my breasts. About 7 dpo... I don't remember any symptoms with our first, cause I was sort of in denial... but we want them close in age so, were trying hard for this one!

How can I keep him interested in sex.... such an awkward question for me.. I mean not SEX... but... *cumming* in that specific place... I don't think he realizes how small the window is for getting pregnant... I've tried explaining that at that time he just got back from basic/ait so... sex was often! Over 3 years later... sex is probably 3 times a month...

Help!

7 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

HI!
I hope i can help some. I do understand what its like to have a spouse in the military. Try not to compare this potential pregnancy with your first. They will all be different each time. I have 3 daughters and my first pregnancy was a breeze compare to my last pregnancy. So even though you may not be feeling much now it doesnt mean that your not pregnant :) Im also struggle to get pregnant with our 4th when the first 3 him looking at me and BAM pregnant lol.
Men really dont know what its like for women to want a child and do all that we can to make it happen only to have the witch show up. They can get frustrated to but its not on them to carry the child to term.
AS far as the goes he might start looking as it as a chore or you only wanting to have sex when ovulating. Take it from me the last thing my hubby wanted to hear as pillow talk was me gabbing away about ovulating and opk's lol. So i took another approach and tried to make date nights with him during my futile week. Its hard to do with 3 young kids but once they went to bed all talk about getting pregnant was put aside and i made that night about us. Set the mood, light some candles i put on his t shirt and romanced my husband. He was more than willing to with me then lol. Each night i try to do something different like leave him love notes to come find me, send him txts during the day to let him know i was thinking about HIM and not just making a baby. And i let him know how much i loved him and thats why i wanted to keep being the mother of all his children. We may not always be able to bd during my fertile week because of his work schedule but i try to show him he is more to me than just a sperm machine and i come here to obsess over my tww with you ladies lol.

I hope that helps :)

Jennifer

User Image

11 years ago

Thank you for the great advice! I do think he's starting to feel like its a chore :( I feel bad for it getting to that point... its so funny how the first time (first couple times for you! Lol) was so easy!! He casually talks about us trying for another baby, where as I feel like its bad luck, or like its added pressure... maybe its me? Lol ... fingers crossed for all of us!

11 years ago • Post starter

Hey it's no problem! I remember what i was like when ttc our second child. I became really obsess with making sure we were bd during the fertile window that i didnt see i was turning him off from wanting to make a child with me. He finally sat me down told me how he felt. I felt like an ass :( forgetting about him in the process. And from then i found other ways to to get what i want .
So relax and have fun and hopefully that fun night with the hubby will result in a baby!

Jennifer

User Image

11 years ago

I'm glad you pointed it out! I probably had baby goggles on and didn't pay attention to much else :(

So far, I'm about 2 days late. I don't want to test yet.. cause I'm tired of wasting money(I used up all of my Wondfos when I got that extemely faint line, but the rest were negative)! but I do have a nice handful of opks, and I've read that sometmes they get darker and turn positive if you're pregnant, so I'm gunna try that... Of course I wont rely on that, but it satisfies my need to pee on something! Lol :)

I don't have a military husband, but I have husband :) and I totally agree with Jennifer, I don't often talk to my hubby about the baby, I put that focus on here and talking to ladies because ladies understand the process of getting pregnant in womens body, sperms last a week, but egg only comes out for 24 hours, thats 1 day in 4 weeks, very small, but I agree that its important to have fun in bed, or elsewhere to make it more fun :) Don't think this way 'we have to have sex on certain dates', thinks 'we want to make love to each other because we loves each other'
With our first son, first try I got pregnant too! Started TTC last month, unfortunately had 3 BFNs and AF showed, but the most important thing is don't stress, your body needs to be relaxed to make it easier. Set date nights when ur little ones are in bed, rent a DVD, make a romantic dinner for two and have a good conversation about anything except ovulation/OPK. When u feel the needs to talk about it, talk about it to someone who knows ure TTC, like someone in ur family or a friend, or come on here.

Do not stress, and enjoy ur sex life, change it up, use sex toys if necessary, make it exciting for ur hubby, distract him from thinking of it like a chore. Hope it helps :) and hope ull find a way to make it works and have a BFP soon enough :) Good luck

11 years ago

Yup i agree with Pammie
I stop really talking to my husband about ttc because he just doenst understand how frustrating symptom spotting can be and how every bfn hurts and then having af arrive is like the nail in the finally coffin. I come here to vent and get support form you women. We are all in the same boat. Not saying i keep him completely in the dark but i dont want him to think im obsess with it either.
Im on 13 dpo and so far all bfn. I hope you ladies have better luck this cycle.

Jennifer

User Image

11 years ago

Hey ladies, thank you so much for the much needed advice! I really appreciate it :) this mornings opk was darker than yesterdays (not positive) but darker... so, since I haven't had any period symptoms just the occasional light cramp, I decided to take my one and only HPT, and its a BFP! I'm about 12 dpo.. we're so excited, I'm a firm believer in not telling everyone until the 12 week mark, so here is the only place I can let my excitement out!!

You ladies are in my thoughts and I hope you get your BFPs soon <3

User Image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo