Community post

Discussion

Help?! Please...

This is long, I know. Sorry. I'm just so lost... Can anyone help me out here??

My chart shows a thermal shift, but my OPKs are positive. I had a + OPK on cycle day 16 and my temp rose at cycle day 18. OPKs were negative so I assumed I O'd on day 17. However, my temp dropped back down on day 19 and 20 before going back up over the next couple days, but I thought "fallback rise". Then on day 23 my temp went to coverline and since my temps were being so weird I decided to take another OPK just to be sure. Well it was positive! So I thought okay, I guess I didn't O last time, so I must be O'ing now, and my temp rose again cd 25. So I obviously O'd cycle day 24, right? Well being the genius that I am, I took another OPK on CD 26 just to confirm, and this one also was positive! And I'm not talking, faint line that I'm mistaking for positive. I'm talking truly for sure dark positive! In the afternoon! I tried again days 27 & 28, and still positive... by then I was pretty fed up, so I didn't try it on days 29 through 31, but my period was due today and didn't come and it's cd 32. My cycles have been regular (except when i was pregnant obviously) and not gone over 31 days since I was a teenager. I took an hpt (FRER) this morning with fmu and got a BFN! :( So I took an OPK this afternoon just to see... Yep. Still positive. GRR! And my temps are still up. Have stayed high since cd 25. So I don't know what to think. I can accept having O'd cycle day 24 I guess, because it would explain the temps and it would make me only 8dpo so I coud venture to say it was too early for the hpt, but why are my OPKs still positive? I don't understand... I've had some "symptoms" that make me think I may be pregnant (been extremely tired and my breasts have felt really weird for the last couple of days), but if I'm only 8dpo, whether I was pregnant or not I would guess it's unrelated, since it should be too early, right? I don't know... Can anyone offer some advice, or ideas, or even anecdotal stories of people this may have happened to before? (lol) I'm just so confused right now.........

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Well I've read some places that a positive OPK can also indicate pregnancy. Even though your cycles are always regular the stress of trying to pinpoint O or the frustration of wanting to know can effect when AF arrives if your not pregnant. I would suggest to wait a week, try to relax and not think too much about it then test again. If your still getting mixed reviews I would say see your doctor.

"Whatever is to be, must be" - Bob Marley

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo