Community post

Discussion

Chemical Pregnancy or Implantation Bleeding

My last AF was 8 July 2012; I have been experiencing very early pregnancy symptoms so took a FRER test on 4th August- which was positive. I then took another FRER on 7th August - again positive, and as I couldn't quite believe it I took a CBD test this morning (8th August) - this said Pregnant 1-2 weeks.

I have been having strange cramps all week - similar to AF but much, much fainter.

I went to the loo today and there was dark brown blood in the water - almost as though you have drunk too much tea/coffee and not enough water. I thought this was odd as I hadn't had much to drink other than water and panicked. Been again 2 or 3 times (to check for any update!) and when I wiped I got either pale brown or pink on the toilet paper. Nothing heavy, red or like cm.

My AF is due anytime (I think - I don't have very regular periods).

I know you shouldn't go looking on Google but I am really scared - could this be normal implantation bleeding or could it mean that I have had a very early miscarriage?

Part of me is wishing I had not taken the test so early!!

I have also been feeling nauseous on and off and struggling to eat a sandwich at lunch (normally I'm ravenous!!)

I would appreciate your honest opinions.

GL and BD to you all!

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

spotting is fairly common in early pregnancy, so maybe you shouldn't worry too much. my pregnant sister recently had some spotting, and it turned out to be nothing. i also had some spotting early on in my last pregnancy, and my dr. thought it was nothing to be concerned about. it turns out that i did end up miscarrying, but it was probably not related to that early and normal spotting

11 years ago

Hi

First of all sorry for your loss (((hugs))).

I started spotting on the Wednesday afternoon, it was intermittent but stopped by the following Sunday lunchtime. It's now Tuesday - no sign of AF (fingers crossed). I will take another HPT tomorrow morning and I have an appt at the doctor's on Thursday (all being well) so I should know for definite then!

Baby dust to you

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo