Community post

Discussion

Doctors, doctors, doctors

So this is my 3rd pregnancy. Just found out I was pregnant 2 days ago, July 3rd. I went to have it confirmed at the Crisis Pregnancy Center. So I am DEFINITELY pregnant, and about 4 weeks along. This is my 3rd pregnancy... I'm torn on what to do about the docs. I have to pick one, and I know that, but this being my 3rd, can I wait a bit longer? Both of my other pregnancies were non-eventful. With my 2nd I didn't even see a doctor, just a midwife. Both were drug-free, normal, vaginal deliveries. My debate is that I know we will be moving, so I hate to start going to the doctors here and then have to transfer to a new one. I am wondering if I can just wait til after we move, but at the same time I don't know when that would be and I think it might not be until November or December, which would put me into my 2nd trimester, or just starting my 3rd, and I feel like that's way too long to wait. Any input????

at 13 DPO, after 5 days of BFN's! EED 3/13/13 DS 9/9/08 DD 8/8/05

3 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I do not recommend waiting at all... things can change in a heartbeat and every pregnancy is different. Its a simple change of paper work to a new doctor.

If something was to happen (god forbid) to the baby that could have been prevented you will regret and be very angry with yourself. Please follow your heart, do whats best for you and baby.

11 years ago

Hi babygirl,

I think that you should see a doc around 12 weeks just to check all is ok then if it is, relax and focus on your move - then find a new doc. there's no need to over-medicalise the situation unless there is actually a medical problem!

User Image

11 years ago

First off CONGRATS!!!!

With my DD (because of insurance reasons) I didn't see my doc till 16 weeks... Most don't even want to see you before 8 weeks unless you are considered high risk. I just started taking flinstones vitamins as soon as I found out and everything turned out ok :)

The positive side is that whe I first went I was able to find out right away what I was going to be having!!

HH 9 months to you!!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo