Community post

Discussion

Things that make you go Hmmmmm

This is my first time posting here but I've been lurking for a week and a half now... I'm in a bit of a pickle and am very impatient (with myself!) and so, please, join me in obsessing over every little thing!

The beloved and I have been together for 3 truly wonderful years and were planning on "beginning to contemplate the idea of possibly talking about maybe considering trying" next Summer/Fall (which to me means WE'RE TRYING NEXT SUMMER!).

Normally, a week before AF I get REALLY crampy, irritable and need wine and hot water bottles at night. Sometimes the cramps take my breath away. Sometimes my breasts get a little bigger and are more sensitive.

SO here's an easy-to-read timeline of recent events:

September 2011: Got off hormonal B/C, never to return! Begin using pull-out during O week, which we're both very comfortable with. Started charting BBT, laziness won, and I then only watched for CM. On a 28-29 day cycle the past 6 months.

May 17: AF. Lasted 5 days, as usual. Awesome.

Night of June 30- I notice an increase in CM. Didn't think anything of this as I usually have more CM than most women. Noticed it and immediately forgot. Which leads us to...

Night of June 31, May 1st and May 3rd= Played hide the salami. Great fun. The past month has been crazy and yeah, I -seriously- forgot ovulation existed. Wasn't keeping track of the days and... we realized on May 4th that we had great fun on possible VERY fertile days. I should have put 2+2 together when my libido was through the roof for those days, or at the very least when I noticed that slight CM increase...

I've had very irregular symptoms since the 4th, including:

------>Tender nipples every day since May 4th. I mean TENDER. About a week ago my breasts began to get heavy, and are sometimes tender as well. They change size and shape as the day goes on- this morning they were pretty normal (a handful). Right now they are easily 2 1/2 handfuls and tender to the touch.

------>Last Friday, Saturday and Sunday I was physically hungry all day, no matter how much I ate. This is very weird for me, I usually don't get hunger pangs. Even Beloved was concerned, because I was just ravenous. Then Monday came, and just like that, food doesn't really interest me.

------>The last few days of last week I was craving eggs every day. Then on Friday I had my eggs and almost vomited right on the spot- eggs are no longer my friends :(

------>Some stuff tastes weird lately: marshmallows, beef, red wine, noodles, icecream... I tried 3 different coffees last week and they were all disgusting.

------>I've had some very light cramping, ex: Tuesday I was driving to work and was having cramps IN MY LOWER BACK, on the right hand side. I never ever get back cramps, that was a new experience for me. There were a few KAPOWS but they left as quickly as they arrived.

------>Felt a strange, quick pinch today while showering, below my navel, sort of below and just to the left.

I've had no spotting and have been POAS like a madwoman for days (don't judge!). I bought those super sensitive tests online and they have all been BFNs...

This morning, an hour after testing I of course ransacked the bin and there was a ghost line (evap?). I restested with a CVS stick and of course, BFN.

Because I am not sure when I ovulated, I don't have dpo's for you. (Guessing I'm dpo 9-12) I've been reading about fertility and ovulation and realized how truly little I know about my own body. Determined to chart BBTs from now on... if AF comes.

The witch is scheduled to visit me tomorrow, but so far I feel like she's nowhere in sight. None of the usual cramping, don't want chocolate, don't want wine. My skin is actually not half bad for once. Been sort of obsessed with hotdogs lately. Ate bologna out of the fridge for breakfast. And lemon water. LOVING lemon water.

It feels good to finally get this out... I don't know if AF is coming or what, but the past 2 weeks have certainly been wild and different!

Thank you for your time! Any insight is always appreciated. And for those in the TWW... I wish for everyone happy and healthy pregnancies, labors and births!

8 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

Also wanted to add: pretty much no sex drive for the past 5 days, had almost no CM also but as of today it has started to pick up again. Can't keep my eyes open past 8:30pm OR restless and can't sleep (it seems to be one or the other). My mood is stable, and I'm just very much looking forward to a healthy pregnancy (fingers crossed)... If I am BFP then it wasn't planned but it sure is wanted. :)

11 years ago • Post starter

Just wanted you to know that I loved your story and hope you get your BFP! It's so exciting to get symptoms that can't really be explained by your normal PMS stuff.

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks, tryingforads! It's the strangest thing- literally 2 hours after posting I started getting The Cramps, and have been spotting since that night (the 13th). Now today, in the wee hours of the 16th, I'm still spotting (so little one panty liner a day would be overkill). I've never spotted in 15 years, so I'm not quite sure what's going on in my body. Haven't tested since the 13th, as when I spotted that evening I was sure I was out.

I'm assuming I'm a BFN and full flow is on the horizon... It sure was an exciting couple of weeks, though.

BIIIIIIIIG sigh.

What was the outcome?! Did you take a test? Did you for sure get AF?? Let us know!!!

"Whatever is to be, must be" - Bob Marley

11 years ago

Okay... so the spotting has totally stopped. Since I woke up this morning, NOTHING. Not a lot of CM... not even really a little CM, which is weird. I POAS this morning (super sensitive internet cheapie) and it's a total BFN.

I have no idea what's going on! I'm very bloated and my bbs are very full and heavy, but not sore anymore. Nipples are back to normal. VERY thirsty, when I woke this morning I felt like I had a hangover (no booze, just popcorn chicken and a salad and some hot tea). Some cramping but nothing serious. Still don't feel like AF is on her way! My periods are always the same- 5 days long, super heavy from the get-go, and miserable.

So your guess is as good as mine! Should I buy a digital tomorrow or give up on testing or get a blood test or...? I'm trying not to get my hopes up but this is all very strange. If I'm NOT pregnant than I don't know what. is. up.

I spent all morning reading accounts of women who tested BFN even after spotting during "AF," then getting BFP blood test.

Ideas welcome!

Would so love to hear the outcome?!??

Did the witch show up?

Keznik

11 years ago

Two days ago I awoke quite a mess with AF :( I am most definitely NOT pregnant.

I'm a birth doula, so I am constantly working with pregnant women and sharing in their birth experiences and the postpartum... it is the most gratifying work but also (as I'm sure you can understand) makes my heart hurt sometimes. I hope that by next year we will be in a place financially where we can start actively trying ourselves and then I will totally bombard you guys with TWW stuff!

I feel sort of foolish... all signs were pointing to baby. Thanks everyone for your kind words and for sharing in my TWW with me!

What a shame...

Good luck for nest year - and never never worry about looking foolish in front of other women in the TWW - we all so badly want a BFP that any symptom is meticiously analysed.

Most of us believe that we are pregnant and then BANG AF shows up. And then off we try again next cycle.

I am 9 dpo now and suffering quite badly with abdominal twinges and pain and I was hopeful that it was a "sign".

Thanks for updating your post and I wish you well and lots of baby dust in reserve for when you need it.

Keznik

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo