Community post

Discussion

Anovulatory Cycle? Your thoughts appreciated...

My husband and I have been TTC for 13 months. This cycle I started 50mg of clomid. My RE has been monitoring me - and I have been using OPKs. Unfortunately, the one day I got a smiley face on my OPK - after and ultrasound and a blood test the doctor said it had been a false positive and that I was still fairly far away from ovulation. After waiting a few more days, she asked me to come back and test again. After that she told me it didn't look like I was going to ovulate this cycle. I've continued to test from day 12 through now (day 31) and still no smiley faces!

Since then it has been 14 days and I am do for my period tomorrow. I am holding on to some small shreds of hope - my breasts are really sore, I'm exhausted, and having some other symptoms. Time will tell...but I am hoping somehow we all just missed my surge...

Hope springs eternal!

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

My dr wont let me use the smiley ones, "i do anyway"
my 1st cycle i used the smiley and FRER opks and the day i got a smiley i went in the next day and did an iui
Bad Mistake, i didnt ovulate for like 5-6 days later
The Frer are more accurate because sometimes the smiley ones will get a dark blue smear line across them and make the smiley appear when it isnt really +
Also, if you take an opk too close to your last clomid, it can show a false +, which is what probably happened to me
I just use the frer now, FMU and i never miss!!
I am also one that through 2years and tons of money, i realize opks with me have to be with FMU or i miss my surge.
I then ALWAYS ovulate the day after my surge and ALWAYS get AF 14 dpo. Thats just me though, everyone is different
my new DR will do ultrasound cycle day 11 to see if my egg(s) are ready and if they are, i will use an hcg trigger shot, Heres to the both of us and getting bfp!!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo