Day Past Ovulation 56789101112131415    
Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

Short Luteal Phase

Category: Trying to Conceive - Trying For Another
Posted by mrsmullett » May. 29, 2012 9:15am

Anyone else with a short luteal phase? What did you do to help it? My luteal phase is normally 9-11 days and it's not giving the embryo enough time to sufficiently implant into my uterus.
What have you done to help lengthen luteal phase?

mrsmullett
Reply by jreichert13 » May. 30, 2012 9:18am

I am just finding out that mine is really short too. I hadn't thought of this being a problem before...

jreichert13

Reply by amishell01 » May. 30, 2012 11:03am

I have the same problem since stopping BCP. I ordered some NatPro Cream which I just started using 2 days after May ovulation. I had been starting AF 7 dpo (giving just a 21 day cycle), but this month, using the NatPro I started 11 dpo. Hopefully June will be even better... maybe even get my BFP :) I have read of many women with LPD (luteal phase defect) having good results with natural progesterone cream. You are supposed to use 1/2 tsp. twice per day from 2 dpo until AF. If pregnancy occurs, you keep using the cream through the 12th week then gradually taper off.

amishell01

Reply by leighannelese » May. 30, 2012 12:49pm

My LP isn't super short.. but it certainly isn't the full, average 14 days.. and I have recently had 2 chemicals.. so I was looking to try something to lengthen it. I hesitantly started taking Vitex and within 2 months, it had lengthened by about 3 days. Read up on it!

leighannelese

Reply by jreichert13 » May. 30, 2012 1:27pm

I believe my LP is 7 or 8 days, which is pretty short. I had a mc/chemical in march/april and wonder if this is the reason. I am going to start B6 to see if it helps...

jreichert13

Reply by mrsmullett » May. 30, 2012 3:22pm

I've heard of b6 helping! I think I'm going to try that and baby aspirin per my doctor.

mrsmullett