Day Past Ovulation 56789101112131415    
Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

Cycle day 10...Which TWW is worse?!

Category: Trying to Conceive - TTC My First Child
Posted by Jean M. » May. 16, 2012 1:57pm

Ugh! I am on day 10 of my cycle and am going insane waiting for ovulation! This is my first round on femara and is also my first month of obsessively thinking about getting pregnant. So which wait is the worst? I feel like once the ovulation wait is over a whole new level of crazed waiting will begin. Anyone else around cycle day 10 who wants to ride this out together?

Jean M.
Reply by dbingham » May. 16, 2012 2:14pm

Jean,

I'm not quite in the same waiting period as you (I'm one week into the "TWW" period), but I thought I would still comment on my experience thus far. My husband and I started to seriously discuss having children back in December. I made myself wait until May to start trying to conceive my first child, just because I didn't want to have a child born around the holidays -- no one I know who has a holiday birthday enjoys it. I'm also a teacher, so I wanted to try and keep the birth a little closer to the spring. I am currently in the "TWW" and don't find it quite so bad. This website makes it kind of fun, as you can chart your "symptoms" and make yourself belive that you could in fact be pregnant. I found that waiting for May to come around was the worst and I actually started feeling a little depressed in February. I'm pretty certain that I am pregnant, but I'll get back to you on how I feel overall if that is not the case. Good luck waiting for ovulation!

-Diana

dbingham

Reply by ellekayejaye » May. 16, 2012 2:18pm

the wait to ovulate SUCKS! I totally agree with you. I have a long cycle and a 3 week follicular phase.

3dpo now so in the slightly more interesting 2WW now ha ha

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Clomid cycle #1
Clomid cycle #2
Clomid cycle #3

ellekayejaye

Reply by redshadoe0 » May. 16, 2012 2:44pm

lol, personally I think the tww AFTER ovulation is the worst!!!! I start symptom spotting and wondering WHEN I'll get the BFP and then heartbroken when I don't... I HATE the TWW!!!!

redshadoe0

Reply by mrsswift2010 » May. 16, 2012 3:00pm

Hey ladies I am on CD 11 and I am tired of waiting! At least I get to POAS every day. This was my first cycle with clomid and that was no fun! How are you ladies passing the time?? I have been gardening and doing activities with me DS and DD! Also spring cleaning and baking like crazy!

April 24= Provera 10 days
1st round Clomid 50 mg Cd 5-9
June 6 CD 1
2 nd round Clomid 100 mg CD 5-9

mrsswift2010

Reply by Shawngie » May. 16, 2012 3:22pm

Hey ladies,

i'm actually cd8 today so im NOT to far behind ya!

for me it's def. the AFTER ovulation that drives me absolutely INSANE

im actually waiting to ovulate, which i should be in a few days.

for a miracle this cycle

2 ALL you wonderful ladies!!!

User Image

Shawngie

Reply by Jean M. » May. 17, 2012 10:34am

Hello fellow waiters! Did my first OPK last night. Nothing yet.

Ellekayejaye--has a doctor figured out why you have such long cycles? My problem is that I don't ovulate on my own, which is probably why this wait is so difficult. I have no idea if the medicine will work!

Mrsswift--I haven't tried clomid before but have heard the side effects can be pretty tough! How's it going?

Lyric36, Diana, redshadoe & all....sending you best wishes and a BFP this month!

Now let's all go POAS and over analyze ever slight twinge, ache, or feeling we have!!

Jean M.

Reply by mrsswift2010 » May. 17, 2012 2:45pm

The 5 days I was on it was very hard but I also lost my aunt that week and the same day she passed my brother and sister-n-law had a baby and it was my birthday and mothers day! Im still sad but its not like it was when I was actually taking them! I was so depressed and wanted to walk in front of a bus! Im still a little bloated from the clomid and im VERY dry down below but those are also because of the clomid other than that all is well! Im on CD 12 today and getting 2 lines on every OPK!

June 6 CD 1

mrsswift2010

Reply by ellekayejaye » May. 17, 2012 2:48pm

jeanm - my doctor has referred me to the infertility clinic and they are doing blood tests to see if Iovulate... NEXT CYCLE lol more waiting boo!

Clomid cycle #1
Clomid cycle #2
Clomid cycle #3

ellekayejaye

Reply by Shawngie » May. 17, 2012 2:58pm

@mrsswift keeping you in my very sorry for your loss. Have you tried mucinex or preseed for dryness? i've never taken clomid but read alot of stories on how it can dry you up.

@elle doctors always want us to wait for something as if we haven't waited long enough!! hang in there and wishing you lots of luck on your testing.

@jeanm thanx so much and wishing you

AFM: took your advice jeanm and poas....NEGATIVE but i usually ovulate on cd11 or 12 and im only cd9

User Image

Shawngie

Reply by mrsswift2010 » May. 17, 2012 7:24pm

@Lyric I am taking robitussin and I also bought preseed! That crap is cost more than the 50 opks and 50 hpts I bought!! lol

June 6 CD 1

mrsswift2010

Reply by Jean M. » May. 17, 2012 8:01pm

Mrsswift---I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and all of the stress! That is bad enough without adding crazy hormones to the mix. Hopefully you will get your BFP this month and it will all be worth it!

Elle---ugh to waiting for more tests! Please keep us informed as you learn more.

Lyric-- keep at it!

I tested again tonight and still nothing. But am feeling twinges so I am hoping the follicles are growing.

I hope you all have a relaxing and fun weekend! I'm going to try to stop obsessing, although seeing my pregnant sister in law probably won't help. Grrrrrrrrr!

Jean M.

Reply by Shawngie » May. 17, 2012 10:42pm

lmao i know what you mean mrswift this time i had my bf get some at the local pharmacy and he called me on the phone like "$20, TWENTY DOLLARS!!!?" i couldn't help but laugh.

@jeanm Oh i will , twinges are great right? Have a great weekend as well (in case we don't hear from ya) Keep positive thoughts and keep cause it's almost for OVULATION!!!

User Image

Shawngie

Reply by ellekayejaye » May. 18, 2012 4:56am

morning lades!
5dpo and my next test is an ultrasound on the 22nd to check my womb and ovaries. To rule out PCOS I believe. and on the 24th my DH is handing in a Seman sample for analysis so, that's what's happening this week haha!

girlies hopefully we get some on here!

Clomid cycle #1
Clomid cycle #2
Clomid cycle #3

ellekayejaye

Reply by mrsswift2010 » May. 18, 2012 7:32am

@ Elle good luck at the dr and your 5dpo? If so that means testing for baby soon!!! So exciting I hope you get that

@ Lyric your frickin lucky I bought mine for almost 30$ and I have not gotten to use it yet! Every time we I keep forgetting its in my bed side table! (the robitussin is working!lol)

@Jean thank you for your kind words, I hope we all get our this month and if not those of us who do can cheer the rest of us on and those of us who dont will be happy for those who do!

June 6 CD 1

mrsswift2010

Reply by Shawngie » May. 18, 2012 9:10am

@elle g'mornin wishing you & hubby lots of @ testing!!

@mrsswift Wow $30??? for me that's preseed & ovulation strips. My bf would have a fit. i would probably forget it as well if I wasn't the one seducing HIM. I pull it out & rub it on him while laying in bed watching tv :-)

AFM:I'm still waiting to O...i only test around 230pm (hope that a good time seeing how its in the afternoon spot) so im watching the . Felt o cramping yesterday hopefully its a good sign but my temps (pre o) are kinda high so i don't know but that something will happen soon.

HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES

User Image

Shawngie

Reply by mrsswift2010 » May. 18, 2012 1:23pm

@Lyric I paid 13$ for 50 OPKs and 50 HPTs on Amazon.com. My pre O temp went from 96.50 yesterday to 97.05 this morning.. Ya think im going to O soon???? This is my first time charting! But Im still not getting + opks !

June 6 CD 1

mrsswift2010

Reply by Shawngie » May. 18, 2012 2:03pm

@mrsswift 50 for $13??? wow...im missing out!!! i pay $13 for 20...sheesh...your temps sounds good.. i just checked my opk and it's getting darker but im going to check one more time tonight around 8pm just to make sure cause i wanna catch it and use the softcup immediately after . Let me know how it goes for you...maybe we will o the same day!!!

User Image

Shawngie

Reply by mrsswift2010 » May. 19, 2012 11:45am

@lyric I think I O'd a couple of days ago! The day b4 my temp spike my opk's are now VERY - and temp is still 97.05. hove you O'd yet?
I am afraid to use softcups....lol

June 6 CD 1

mrsswift2010

Reply by ellekayejaye » May. 19, 2012 1:29pm

hi girlies! not much to report just poppoing in to say hey haha

Clomid cycle #1
Clomid cycle #2
Clomid cycle #3

ellekayejaye

Reply by Shawngie » May. 19, 2012 2:00pm

@mrsswift ummm...i don't think i o'd yet i have a cd6 opk posted on here looks almost to me to be a positive (but thinking too early to o) so as of now im still waiting to o hopefully today or tomorrow. My ticker says today but we shall see Yea the softcups look very intimidating but after sex or using preseed it glides in easily but im still trying to get the hang of it.

@elle happy weekend hope your keeping yourself busy!!!!

User Image

Shawngie