Community post

Discussion

Cycle day 10...Which TWW is worse?!

Ugh! I am on day 10 of my cycle and am going insane waiting for ovulation! This is my first round on femara and is also my first month of obsessively thinking about getting pregnant. So which wait is the worst? I feel like once the ovulation wait is over a whole new level of crazed waiting will begin. Anyone else around cycle day 10 who wants to ride this out together?

31 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 31 Replies | Last Page

Jean,

I'm not quite in the same waiting period as you (I'm one week into the "TWW" period), but I thought I would still comment on my experience thus far. My husband and I started to seriously discuss having children back in December. I made myself wait until May to start trying to conceive my first child, just because I didn't want to have a child born around the holidays -- no one I know who has a holiday birthday enjoys it. I'm also a teacher, so I wanted to try and keep the birth a little closer to the spring. I am currently in the "TWW" and don't find it quite so bad. This website makes it kind of fun, as you can chart your "symptoms" and make yourself belive that you could in fact be pregnant. I found that waiting for May to come around was the worst and I actually started feeling a little depressed in February. I'm pretty certain that I am pregnant, but I'll get back to you on how I feel overall if that is not the case. Good luck waiting for ovulation!

-Diana

User Image

11 years ago

the wait to ovulate SUCKS! I totally agree with you. I have a long cycle and a 3 week follicular phase.

3dpo now so in the slightly more interesting 2WW now ha ha

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

lol, personally I think the tww AFTER ovulation is the worst!!!! I start symptom spotting and wondering WHEN I'll get the BFP and then heartbroken when I don't... I HATE the TWW!!!!

Me: 27 PCOS DH: 25 Fine and dandy November 2011 First round of 50mg Clomid. December 22 !!! January 1 2012 m/c @7 weeks - Clomid 50mg round #2 Feb 2012. 21 day progesterone level at a 3 !!! Another m/c at 5 weeks - Clomid 100mg April - June epic fail - July Femara/Ovidril It worked!!! - Sept - .... lost a genetically healthy baby boy

11 years ago

Hey ladies I am on CD 11 and I am tired of waiting! At least I get to POAS every day. This was my first cycle with clomid and that was no fun! How are you ladies passing the time?? I have been gardening and doing activities with me DS and DD! Also spring cleaning and baking like crazy!

April 24= Provera 10 days 1st round Clomid 50 mg Cd 5-9 June 6 CD 1 2 nd round Clomid 100 mg CD 5-9

11 years ago

Hey ladies,

i'm actually cd8 today so im NOT to far behind ya!

for me it's def. the AFTER ovulation that drives me absolutely INSANE

im actually waiting to ovulate, which i should be in a few days.

for a miracle this cycle

2 ALL you wonderful ladies!!!

User Image

11 years ago

Hello fellow waiters! Did my first OPK last night. Nothing yet.

Ellekayejaye--has a doctor figured out why you have such long cycles? My problem is that I don't ovulate on my own, which is probably why this wait is so difficult. I have no idea if the medicine will work!

Mrsswift--I haven't tried clomid before but have heard the side effects can be pretty tough! How's it going?

Lyric36, Diana, redshadoe & all....sending you best wishes and a BFP this month!

Now let's all go POAS and over analyze ever slight twinge, ache, or feeling we have!!

11 years ago • Post starter

The 5 days I was on it was very hard but I also lost my aunt that week and the same day she passed my brother and sister-n-law had a baby and it was my birthday and mothers day! Im still sad but its not like it was when I was actually taking them! I was so depressed and wanted to walk in front of a bus! Im still a little bloated from the clomid and im VERY dry down below but those are also because of the clomid other than that all is well! Im on CD 12 today and getting 2 lines on every OPK!

April 24= Provera 10 days 1st round Clomid 50 mg Cd 5-9 June 6 CD 1 2 nd round Clomid 100 mg CD 5-9

11 years ago

jeanm - my doctor has referred me to the infertility clinic and they are doing blood tests to see if Iovulate... NEXT CYCLE lol more waiting boo!

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

@mrsswift keeping you in my very sorry for your loss. Have you tried mucinex or preseed for dryness? i've never taken clomid but read alot of stories on how it can dry you up.

@elle doctors always want us to wait for something as if we haven't waited long enough!! hang in there and wishing you lots of luck on your testing.

@jeanm thanx so much and wishing you

AFM: took your advice jeanm and poas....NEGATIVE but i usually ovulate on cd11 or 12 and im only cd9

User Image

11 years ago

@Lyric I am taking robitussin and I also bought preseed! That crap is cost more than the 50 opks and 50 hpts I bought!! lol

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo