Community post

Discussion

TTC after ablation

I'm wondering if theres anyone else out there ttc after ablation also ? I had my tubes reversed in Feb. in hopes of a baby ! Just wondering if theres anyone else on this site that's TTC after ablation and if the have any info or has had any luck ! Thanks

4 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Do you mean endometrial ablation? I've not had that, but I had a tubal reanastamosis (reversal of sterilization) in November of 2011. DH and I saw a BFP after only one month of TTC after surgery, but it ended with a chemical pregnancy. I suppose I should be grateful, since we now know that the surgery was successful, but it's difficult. I feel confident that we will succeed, but it's hard to be patient!

11 years ago

I had my TR in feb ... I hope you get your bfp soon ! If you dont mind me asking who did your TR and what were your lengths ? I had mine done at Lakeshore and my tube lengths were double 7s !

11 years ago • Post starter

Oh and yes I mean Novasure ablation ...

11 years ago • Post starter

I did NovaSure Spring 2012. I was in the Army at the time, and was so sick of trying to work around my periods. I wanted a hysterectomy, but because of the down time, the doc suggested NovaSure instead. My husband was already snipped, so I wasn't looking for BC, just to stop bleeding.

After, I had discharge/spotting/bleeding for 2 weeks, periods continued for about 3 months and then stopped for 5-6 months, and now they're more normal than they ever were my whole life.

Anyway, about a week after having it done, found some things out, ended up with a divorce. I've been with my new husband now for 2 years, never used BC but never got pregnant (we weren't ever really trying). The last GYN I saw had a fit when I said I wasn't using BC and insisted I get sterilized right away. I swear she was ready to put me under right then and there.

So, long story short, yes, I'm there with you. There is so little information about this, but it happens. I'm feeling pretty knocked up this cycle, so I'll know in about 10-12 days.

From what I read, the lining can heal (doc said ablations only last 5-10 years, the younger you are, the quicker you heal). I have an appt with a new GYN later this month to see if its possible (if I'm not already). So, I looked some things up and decided on my own that I needed to repair/thicken my lining. I started taking pernatals and was drinking 2-3 cups of red raspberry leaf tea every day. In addition, I cut out caffeine and anything too processed, and started doing 30 min of exercise a day, get the blood flowing, so on. You can't heal if there is no blood flow.

Anyway, I'm due for AF in 9 days. I'm terrible at waiting to test, so I'll probably start in 4 or 5 days. I'm really praying that this is why I feel terrible. My only other explanation is that fertilization happened, but implantation won't. But I've never felt this way and NOT been pregnant (4 pregnancies, 3 live births).

I'll let you know in a week or so!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo