Community post

Discussion

Abortion and risk of ectopic?

Hi ladies,

I am 40 and TTC #1. After years of NTNP, I finally decided that there's no time like the present! So I finally got pregnant... only to have an ectopic at 6 weeks Thankfully they saved the tube!

I don't smoke, I exercise, I eat well... I got some stress from the 9-5 lifestyle (but who doesn't??). Since the surgery, I have been agonizing and wondering how the heck this could have happened?

But then a horrible thought crossed my mind... did this happen because of the abortion I had when I was 25? Could this have permanently damaged my tubes and my fertility? I have an HSG scheduled this month to check everything is ok.

Did anyone else have the same experience?
Does anyone know what the risks of an ectopic are after abortion? Even when the abortion was 15 years ago?

User Image User Image

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

ectopics happen for many reasons, not one thing. I had one about 6 months ago because i have endo and it caused my tube to twist from the scarring. i lost my tube.

plenty of people have abortions and go on to have perfectly normal healthy pregnancies and people who have never been pregnant can have ectopics and then have normal pregnancies.

that's the problem with TTC, there is no rhyme or reason to any of it!!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo