Community post

Discussion

CONFUSED!!!!! HPT's

Ok. I bought 2 of the equate Early Result HPT test. you are supposed to get 2 lines. a vertical line in the control window and for positive, a vertical line in the results window.
The first test I took. I held it under the stream for 5 seconds. I waited 3 mins and the the results window was half blue no line but the control window only showed half of a vertical line. I thought it was messed up. So I took another one an hour later. This time the control line showed up fine, but the result window showed a faint HORIZONTAL line??? there isn't supposed to be ANY horizontal lines. they should both be vertical!
What are the chances of getting 2 malfunctioning tests?? Should I be excited that they are messing up?
My period is due Sunday the latest but sometimes it comes as earlier.
Should I wait and test again? Has this happend to anyone?

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Personally I would get a pink dye test. Walmart has $0.88 ones there and I read they are pretty reliable. I bought a 3 pack of frer there for $8 too. Tried equate ones like you and ended up with both being evap lines, vertical although one I did see a horizontal line but it dissipated when the test dried. I have done both CVS and Walgreens blue dye also and I get thin blue evaps every time..they really suck

11 years ago

I bought a 3 pack FRER I tested yesterday (day of expected period) and got a BFN. Today I am one day late. I tested with FMU and got a BFN again. *sigh*
I am starting to think I am just late.
Though, in the year I have been tracking my periods, it has never ever been more than a 34 day cycle.today is day 36. I am so frustrated.
I hope I am pregnant and there just isn't enough HCG yet.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo