Day Past Ovulation 56789101112131415    
Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! - Page 2

Reply by Swimmom » May. 15, 2012 12:38pm

hi angel, it has always amazed me how some people have such strong opinions on other peoples family/fertility. It truly is up to the family and God never makes mistakes, so if we have 1 or 12 babies they are all miracles and have a purpose and are a blessing. Anyhoo....I need help ladies. I told myself that I would "chill" this cycle and not get so worked up. I all but forced dh to drink a strong cup of coffee (supposed to jump start boy sperm) before I would with him last night, then at the last minute, after doing another opk, cancelled the altogether to wait until today. I have no idea where i got this notion, i'm sure from one of the 10,000 web pages i have read, but really? It doesn't matter to me if we have a boy or a girl, or both. I think it's the rasberry tea that is making me crazy. Or the lack of coffee myself. I gave up coffee on this cycle and it's got me batty. Pleas pray I O soon. Last cycle was on day 15 so I don't know why I am jumping the gun. Just don't want to miss it.
My birthday is Thursday :). Awesome bday present i'm just sayin.

Blessings to you all and hope you are not obsessing as much as i am. looking forward to some bfp's very soon!

User Image

Swimmom

Reply by angel197088 » May. 16, 2012 9:16am

you are absolutely right Swimmom and that is how I feel. If it is in God's plan for us it will happen, atleast that is how I see it and believe.

Heck I can't even let hubby know when i get a pos opk or the reading on my monitor (which just started this cycle) or he is too pressured and might as well forget any lol.

Hang in there hun, it is probly because of the excitement of it coinciding with your bday, and I would probly say also the lack of coffee. Coffee is one thing I just can't give up or I would be a ragged mess, lol. I know I am in high gear because I'm really liking the idea of the timing of a BFP for an anniversary present :)

Do any of y'all have any experience with the Clear blue fertility monitor? This is my first cycle with it, so I am still using my CB digi opks as back up. last night I got a + opk, yesterday morning monitor reading was still low, and this morning high. Which should I go by? yesterday and today, I am having some serious "O" pain so something is going on. my temp dipped a bit today.

DH-43
Me-41

User Image

angel197088

Reply by Swimmom » May. 16, 2012 10:02am

angel- i was just reading about opk's and when you have the LH surge, and how soon after a pos opk you actually ovulate.....So from what I understand you ovulate several hours-the next day after you get a positive opk. Not sure if that helps or not. Geez, I have always taken ovulating for granted......not any more.
According to my darkening opk's, i will probably get a pos opk this afternoon! last night, and according to dr. we need to go every other day...I'm wigging out a little bit....I don't want to miss it, but i want to follow orders.....so that means i have to wait to again tomorrow, but supposedly sperm stays alive for a few days, so if there was enough little swimmers last night, I should be ok...right? I sooo want to have a bfp for fathers day! We won't tell anyone else until we are 12 weeks however.....I CAN'T WAIT!! Ok, yes I can wait on you God, as YOU know better than me. Amen.

User Image

Swimmom

Reply by angel197088 » May. 16, 2012 2:44pm

I hear ya, I think I have done so much reading on ovulating and charting, that I could probably write a book. Always just took it for granted and never paid much attention to it. So just going to wait and see what my temps do in the next couple days.

I have read that if you have a good quality EWCM the swimmers can live up to 5 days. Just to make sure I also use Preseed, it is really good, and helps give those swimmers an extra boost. so you should be good. Good Luck, hun, hope you get that +opk and get him tomorrow :)

That's about the same here with telling others, don't think I could handle jumping the gun telling close friends and family to have to go around telling them something happened. So this time around, I'm going to try really hard not to poas until I am late, and we are going to wait as well.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

DH-43
Me-41

User Image

angel197088

Reply by isittoolate » May. 17, 2012 8:02am

hi all, so good to see you all here!

i'm 40 (41 in october) currently have 3 children between us, ages 11 ad two 7 year olds.

we decided last year to have the coil removed (copper) ad have been trying ever since, this is cycle number 7.

last cycle was unfortunately a chemical cycle, but onwards and upwards. have a serious lack of PMA this cycle, currently 5dpo and felt "out" since cycle day 5!
good luck to all and i await all your replies!

isittoolate

Reply by Swimmom » May. 17, 2012 10:19pm

hi isittoolate- its not over till the shows! but I know how you feel. I have been feeling so "in" my last 2 cycles so my last really stunk especially since I was 4 days late! and my temps stayed up! I am 1dpo today and feeling so in!!!!! Praying for everyone. xoxoxo

User Image

Swimmom

Reply by isittoolate » May. 18, 2012 4:40am

good luck to you hunnie xx i hope your positivity leads to some serious positives!!

isittoolate

Reply by dmartin65 » May. 19, 2012 7:10pm

Hi guys. I am 41and my husband is 47. I am currently 9dpo and I am going crazy. We conceived in Dec., of last year but it ended in m/c in March at 13 weeks. I am so glad to see other women in their 40's who have not given up hope. In fact there is a lady on the Fertility Friend website who has conceived at 49. Never give up ladies. We will get our big fat positive.

Angel baby girl. 3/22/12.

dmartin65

Reply by clover brook » May. 19, 2012 7:11pm

hi i new to this site i am 43 i had my tubel reversal 3 months ago i just wont to tell u ladies lots of baby dust and good luck to us all may god bless us all with i need and wonts i will

clover brook

Reply by Mommy1990 » May. 19, 2012 7:13pm

Hi swimmom just joined this site today. I am 40 and have been trying for alittle over a year. I am taking coq10, wheatgrass, maca and royal jelly. I hope my baby days are not over! I am currently about 5-6 dpo and trying not to symptom spot.......never works lol

Me-42
SO-42
TTC since April 2011

1-14-2014

Mommy1990

Reply by angel197088 » May. 19, 2012 8:44pm

Welcome to y'all :) Nope don't ever give up hope, I was 40 when I conceived our lil guy who just turned 1 a few wks ago, 41 when I had him. I am now 41 and will be 42 in Dec. In God's timing and plans it will happen :)

dMartin- I am so sorry for your loss, I have been there and it can be very devastating and scary for future pregnancies. I have had 3 m/c, a stillborn at 20wks, and a chemical pregnancy last mth, over the course of 16 yrs, it is soo hard to deal with, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers :)

I am currently 3dpo so I so know the going nuts over the 2WW and symptom spotting. I am a POAS addict, so this mth I am just trying to relax and gave hubby all my tests, and he isn't allowed to give them to me until I am officially late :)

Hang in there ladies and hoping May is our mth. Spring the time for new life :)

DH-43
Me-41

User Image

angel197088

Reply by Mommy1990 » May. 19, 2012 9:34pm

I tested with 10 miu tests yesterday and today. I am about 6dpo. Lol I seem to think it might show up sooner with the more sensitive test but i know i am just fooling myself. Wish i could give my hubby the tests to hold onto so i dont cave but it helps pass the tww. I have never gone to this extreme before, getting pregnant just happened. Now that i am getting "older" i hear the clock ticking FAST! I really dislike this feeling. to all the 40 something's ttc

Mommy1990

Reply by vivy23 » May. 19, 2012 11:11pm

Hi, my name is Vivy, from Argentina. I'm 39, I had a miscarriage (was my first pregnancy)in March and now, from April I'm ttc.
Today I'm in the cd 12 and from the day 7 I had ovary pain, egg white and today mi temp is a little up and my opk is positive. I don't know....I'm confused bacause my ovulation day should be 15 or 16 (my cicles are of 30 days)....but everything indicates that it's now...
My anxiety causes this? just in case I took my husband and I abused it
Sometimes I think I am going crazy, sometimes I get depressed a lot and sometimes I get excited a lot .... I have no time to lose. If I have a child, has to be now. In 4 months I will be 40 and the chances are less and less ...

vivy23

Reply by Mommy1990 » May. 20, 2012 8:00am

Vivy23- Welcome! Sorry to hear about your loss I think your cycles can be alittle off after a mc. All the signs are there so yes BD! Lots of women get pregnant in their 40's but i totally understand where your coming from. It has taken me alot longer now that i am older to get pregnant. Just be sure you take care of yourself, exercise etc.
I have had some small amount of pinkish/peach cm this morning! Trying not to get excited as this is my first month using progesterone cream so maybe that's why. Hoping this is implantation tww is too long

Mommy1990

Reply by vivy23 » May. 20, 2012 3:48pm

GOOD LUCK MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vivy23

Reply by Mommy1990 » May. 20, 2012 6:51pm

Thank you Vivy23. Later i had more spotting but it was blood tinged ewcm. Praying it's not the progesterone cream doing this. Have been searching the internet if it could cause this but cant find any answers guess i just have to be patient. Boo to the tww

Mommy1990

Reply by angel197088 » May. 20, 2012 9:56pm

Right there with y'all, lol I got hubby to cave and give me one of my ultra sensitive tests 10miu, like yeah at 4dpo it's going to show anything, lol. so I know where y'all are coming from.

Vivy23- i am so sorry for your loss, hang in there hun, all those feelings are completely normal. And yes after a m/c cycles can get a bit funky, and different so just go with the flow, (the good flow that is :) )

This is my 2nd cycle using a progesterone cream, I didn't have any spotting due to it, the only thing I have been able to find on it in that regards is that if using it after "O" and then stopping, and if levels drop to low that can cause spotting or AF to come on. so as long as you are still using it, and I am also and going to through my first trimester if this is my mth I am thinking it could be maybe some implantation spotting? Hang in there for you too :)

and yes a BIG BOOOOO, to the 2WW lol

DH-43
Me-41

User Image

angel197088

Reply by Swimmom » May. 21, 2012 10:33am

Hey ya''ll! Seems like I have been gone, but just had a wedding, and an out of town surprise party for DH! WE are also buying a new house! so everything is crazy. You would think it would help the 2ww being so busy, but it's all i can think about. Symptom Spotters Annonymous is what we need. I am 4dpo and ready to start peeing on sticks. I keep reading that implantation can take 6-12 days.... I am so excited for you all that are in the 2ww with me! We can just get our BFP's together!

I need to read and catch up what has been going on with everyone. also welcome to all the new people, we may be 40 or over, but we still have hope!!! I was also reading that being over 40 gives us a higher chance of multiples. I wouldn't mind a boy/girl twin combo.....
I had horrible ovulation pain and cramping this cycle and I have never had that before. I am sure it was multiple eggs. So here is to obsessing over everything and praying over everything and keeping hope alive! Blessings to every one of you!

User Image

Swimmom

Reply by Mommy1990 » May. 21, 2012 12:38pm

Well this cycle i had no o pains so I'm hopeful that means my is on it's way! Other months i had the pains and if i remember right in my past pregnancies i didnt have o pains the month i conceived. Last night the spotting stopped but is back today. Driving me crazy! I only have a 11 Lp so i don't have too long to wait.
ladies! Hoping this is all our month

Mommy1990

Reply by vivy23 » May. 21, 2012 12:41pm

Mommy, when can you make a pregnancy test?

vivy23