Day Past Ovulation 56789101112131415    
Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

Ovulating TWICE?! Help...

Category: Waiting to Ovulate - Pinpointing Ovulation
Posted by pla2pus09 » Apr. 25, 2012 7:43pm

I have been doing OPK's and this month I got what I thought was a positive on April 14th. My Period Tracker phone app says this is when I was predicted to ovulate and my temp spiked during these few days (14th + 2-3 days afterward).

The thing is... These OPK's showed two red lines that looked the same, which the test says is also a "positive" - but the test line never got darker which I guess is a better way to know for sure.

So this morning I was just using up the remainder of my test strips since I had a few left and I got another positive!! IS this normal? Am I reading it wrong? My temp was average, but could spike tomorrow? My CM is still like Egg Whites and I have a lot of it. (Sorry, TMI).

Here is a pic of my test I took this morning:

User Image

I don't have any images from my first set of postive OPK's with "similar red lines"

SO...

WAS I wrong about my ovulation timing on the 14th? Or am I wrong now? Or am I ovulating twice?

TTC since 07/2011.

Diagnosed with PCOS 06/04/2012.

Started first cycle of Clomid, Estradiol, and HCG trigger shot 06/2012.

Waiting for my

pla2pus09
Reply by esperanza » Apr. 26, 2012 9:37am

Consider the first LH surge as an ovulation indicator.
There is a reason when they write in OPK instruction to stop once you det positive.
Once I had positive OPKs 4-5 days in a row (it was a cycle when I got preg but mc later). I did my research and found out that it's common to have opk-s pos, few days in a row.

esperanza

Reply by pla2pus09 » Apr. 26, 2012 10:03am

I appreciate your reply. However, this particular positive OPK was not "in a row" from my first ones. My first positive OPKs were on the 14th, 15th, 16th, and 17th - then I got negative OPKs until yesterday the 25th when one turned up positive again...?? :-\

pla2pus09

Reply by esperanza » Apr. 26, 2012 10:52am

you might be pregnant
sometimes (not always) opk can be positive in early pregnancy

esperanza

Reply by pla2pus09 » Apr. 26, 2012 11:03am

I was hoping that the second positive OPK might be an indicator of pregnancy! I am keeping my fingers crossed..

But part of me doesn't want to get my hopes up because my BBT is below my cover line... :-\

pla2pus09

Reply by grnsmomma » Jun. 5, 2012 8:01pm

I know this is from a few weeks ago but thought I would post for later readers. I just read last night on peeonastick.com that when your body gears up to O but the egg gets stuck/stress/sickness you will get a positive then negative and then your body tries to O again and you get another positive a few days later.

grnsmomma