Day Past Ovulation 56789101112131415    
Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

Any woman who believe they ovulated a week after a period?

Category: Waiting to Ovulate - Pinpointing Ovulation
Posted by emyyjunito » Apr. 24, 2012 11:00am

Hello ladies!

I need help. My AF began 4/5/12 (28 day cycle this time). Now since my last miscarriage on 8/1/11 my period had changed from being a normal cycle of 28 days to either 26/29/30/30 now back to 28 days. That has made it very difficult for me to try and get an idea of when I will ovulate. My DH and I have been TTC since the doctor gave us the okay to start again which is now going on to 7 months.

Since yesterday, I have been feeling super strange in my pelvic area (fluttering/cramping/bloating) and I do not know if I am about to get my period (which if I may, then now my cycle will be 21-22 days) or I MAY be pregnant meaning that I COULD have actually ovulated about a week after my period, possibly on 4/13/12. PLEASE could some of you ladies care to share your story? IF any of you have actually gotten pregnant right after your period. I have been told by my doctor that the usual 14 days before your next period IS NOT a good method to calculate ovulation as it can happen at different days every month! I have been super frustrated, we really want our baby!! I hope to hear from someone... Thank you!

emyyjunito
Reply by misspeyton » Apr. 24, 2012 7:31pm

You are going to love to hear this then, I ovulate 7 days after my period ends. Cycle day 9 or 10 sometimes 11 if I'm really lucky. And I have 5 children. I have always O'd on 9, 10, 11. And well, seems to work for me. Don't panic, just go with it.

misspeyton

Reply by emyyjunito » Apr. 25, 2012 7:59am

Hello misspeyton!

Thank you soooooo much for your reply! So it CAN happen?!?! A woman can actually ovulate soon right after her period?! I wonder if I have been too all this time!

I have noticed the last 3 months that right after my period, about 7 days or so, I would have this discharge that seems to me that I was probably ovulating. But I have had burned in my mind that a woman normally ovulates about 14 days before her next period. I have also been so dependent to these sites online and I would enter my period dates along with my number of cycle days and I would end up with ovulation dates of about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks out!

I KNEW I should have trusted my instincts a little more! Those last 3 months I COULD just have well been ovulating! I guess I will see this time around, however, should I have not succeeded on getting a , I am going to definitely pay more attention to my body right after my next period next month!

THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN FOR YOUR REPLY!!

User Image

emyyjunito

Reply by merewynne » May. 4, 2012 4:27pm

When my cycles were regular, up until my ectopic in January, I would usually have a 27-day cycle, AF in town 5 days, and ovulate around day 9.

merewynne

Reply by Lady_million » May. 5, 2012 11:28pm

At the moment i think i am ovulating about a week after my period then again at about CD 17 but this is because i have two wombs and two cervixs....

I have just started using OPKS becuase i want to know for sure i was ovulating to begin with and to make sure i am ovulating twice a month instead of once.

I got my first positive on my OPKS and i am very excited becuase i know now when i get this horrible camping and lower back pain i know im about to ovulate :)

I've just come off the pill and we arnt really trying i would just like to give my body a break from being on the pill for 8 years and if we did fall pregnant we wouldnt mind.

Lady_million

Reply by jessicaw » May. 6, 2012 3:16am

Hiya,

we've just got pregnant and I am certain that I ovulated on day 9 which is early for me :)

Good luck,
Jess x

jessicaw

Reply by imatestingfool » May. 6, 2012 6:05am

When I had my now-7-year-old daughter, I ovulated on the 7th day after an early miscarriage. Even my OB did not believe that I could be pregnant so soon, until I convinced him to do a transvaginal ultrasound. Sometimes our bodies do wacky things! I do not normally ovulate that early, but I do have relatively short cycles and it's not uncommon for me to ovulate between day 10 and 12.

imatestingfool

Reply by angel197088 » May. 13, 2012 12:54pm

Not sure when my exact "O" was, but I do know that hubby and I BD 2 days after AF, and I know for fact that is when I got preggo with our last lil guy, due to no other BD that mth because if hubby wasn't feeling well, I was sick, or one of the other kids were. was just a bad mth, so really didn't think anything was going to happen that mth. Until I ended up in the ER for a horrid migraine, they did their routine preg. test, and came in to tell me I was preggo and ran a blood test to confirm. I couldn't believe it, so yes it is possible :)

DH-43
Me-41

User Image

angel197088

Reply by emyyjunito » May. 15, 2012 8:50am

Wow thanks ladies for your replies!! Well today my countdown begins! I have been for sure monitoring my cycle dates and I just KNOW I am ovulating today! I have been feeling this twing, pinching sensation on my lower right side! DH and I have been every other day since last week, including last night! We are going to have some more fun tonight and tomorrow just to be safe! I just know this MUST be it for us!!!! I have this GREAT feeling within me! I do not want to over do it and end up disappointed again in the end, but today I just have this burst of happiness within me! How I hope and pray that we will have or knocking at my belly door! Let the count down begin!! Please DO NOT APPEAR on 5/29!! I want that instead!

to all you ladies!!!

emyyjunito

Reply by misspeyton » May. 15, 2012 4:51pm

Keep us updated! I'm just showing signs that I'm about to O. And I had a very short witch this time, so I wasn't surprised to see O coming so early. I hope we all get our BFP this month.

misspeyton

Reply by Deej1020 » Jun. 26, 2012 9:42pm

I also ovulate 7 ays after my period because my cycle is only 21 days. Usually around the 10cd or 11cd. I was also told that during this time I could definitely get pregnant. Sorry for your lost and I wish you all the best :)

Deej1020