Community post

Discussion

TTC after vasectomy reversal

My husband had a vasectomy reversal in Feb. 2011. He had previously had a vasectomy with his first marraige about 9 years before. We have been TTC since the doctor released him, but unfortunately have been very unsuccessful. I have lately realized just how totally obsessed I am with trying to have a baby of our own. (We both have two children each) I have tried daily prenatal vitamins, mucinex, eating healthier, and cutting back on caffeine. Last month, we experimented with Pre-seed. But still, BFNs every month. I have become extremely discouraged this month. I am just ready to quit and try to accept the fact that I have been blessed enormously with our beautiful children and we just won't have any children of our own....but at this point, I just can't stop aching for the feeling of holding that baby that we have created. It just doesn't make any sense that we haven't gotten prego yet. His sperm counts are ok... could be better, but nothing horrible, and I ovulate right on time according to OPKs. Please help me if you have any advice or encouragement. I am at the lowest that I have ever been . BTW, I am 33 and he is 38.

4 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

We sound almost identical! My hubby had his VR on 3/28. We both have children from previous marriages but want one of our own. He hasn't had his SA yet but we BD the first chance we could and I was O that day so I was hoping we would be one of those couples to conceive on the first try after the reversal. The Dr. told me I needed to be patient b/c it could take up to 18months for his sperm to be back to normal. Don't get discouraged I know how u feel about wanting a baby together. I have a feeling it may take us a while too I'm going to try to stay positive too.

12 years ago

continued from my last post.... my hubby had his V for 9 years as well.

12 years ago

Thanks for the reply! It's good to know that someone else is going through all of this too! Good luck to you!

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi, Ladies .... checking in 3 years later! Were either of you able to have your VR baby? My husband had his vr last Sept and we are TTC Cycle 6. Hoping for a bfp

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo