Community post

Discussion

Atypical PMS/Early Preg Symptoms?

11 DPO today, AF due Th 4/19.

I have a fair number of symptoms that are quite typical for this time of either very early pregnancy or PMS: big, sore BBs; vivid dreams; extreme belchiness; constipation; heartburn; queasiness; cramps; and EW, CR, and W cm. But what really has me wondering are the unusual symptoms I'm having.

For this time of the month, I'm surprisingly happy and upbeat and enterprising. I've been running more errands, undertaking physical tasks like baking and rearranging the desks in my classroom, exhibiting MUCH more patience with my high school students, and interacting with others for longer periods of time than I normally would. Ordinarily, I'd be easily irritated, weepy, a bit anti-social, and dead tired, falling into bed no later than 4:30 pm. And except for one old, stubborn pimple on my jawline that just won't quite disappear, no period acne.

Anybody else in this boat with me?

KS76

7 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Yes! I am not sure if I have PMS or pregnancy symptoms either! I'm supposed to get AF on 4/22. I'm 8DPO today and have had some cramping and pulling on my left side (which is the same side I ovulated from on (4/9). I'm so irritable but I am when I have PMS so I'm going crazy. right there with you. I ordered those ultra sensitve preg. test online that pick up 10 miU (store brands only pick up 20 miU - 200) so I might take an early test on Thursday?

11 years ago

Hi, lesleyfox!

It's all feeling so confusing right now. I had begun this cycle so hopeful, and with my mixture of common and strange symptoms, I felt I had good reason to be.

But...I broke down and tested today: BFN at 12 dpo, with only 2 days before AF is due. My good spirits were immediately deflated, and I've been feeling down in the dumps ever since.

Hoping your testing is blessed with lots of baby dust!!

KS76

11 years ago • Post starter

what kind of tests are you using? I went here http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-test-sensitivity-comparison.html to check the sensitivity to all the test. Also theres an implantation calculator on the countdowntopregnancy website and we know that we can't get a BFP until after implantation occurs. You should check and see what it says for your implantation :). 2 more days don't get discouraged

11 years ago

and whats up with the vivid dreams b/c mine have been crazy! for the past 3 days on top of sleeplessness. do you think its b/c we are anxious? or preggo? LOL

11 years ago

I checked the Implantation Calculator this weekend. The day that I cramped all afternoon--last Friday--was the next to most common day for implantation. I was hoping that I had implanted that day, and would be able to get a BFP by now.

This afternoon, I tested with a Clear Blue Digital, but I did stop by the dollar for some cheapies. Haven't used any of those yet, though.

So many vivid dreams back-to-back is crazy, and it's funny that you mention sleeplessness. Last night, I had a VERY hard time getting any sleep at all. So unusual in a week AF is due.

The ups & downs of TTC!

KS76

Love that no-AF symbol!! :-D

KS76

I'm going to test in the morning and I have the ultra sensitive test in the mail so I'm sure I'll be peeing like a mad woman haha. If u still have a week before AF most test wont pick up until like 3 or 4 days before your expected AF. There is still hope

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo