Community post

Discussion

starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! part 3

View Full Post

Welcome to all the ladies out there who have been riding the ttc roller coaster and have decided to give Clomid a try! We are a super group of ladies so feel free to share your every thought:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

288 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Sorry to hear all your bad news, Agape :(

The great BD questions.. everyday or every other day?! Haha.. well, my OB recommends every other day, but I am terrified of missing the egg. Up until recently, we've BD'd every day around O time.. but this round, we're going a day and half between BD.. it just happened to work out that way because DH has been working nights for the last week. I'm going home on my lunch to wake him up and BD :)

Of course, I couldn't help myself, I did an opk this morning before work and another strong positive... that's 4 days in a row, now. I know they say that you'll ovulate within 12-36 hours after your FIRST positive opk, but what's the deal here? I've read that some people feel that if they get continuing OPKs like this, that they feel that the little eggie is having a hard time getting out the gate and you haven't actually ovulated yet... any thoughts?

User Image

11 years ago

Got my first positive OPK today!!! So excited! My temp didnt drop wich I thought was odd but according to my OPK I am O!!! I havent felt any symptoms other than small pinches on either side. Cossing my figers that this cycle will be it!

User Image

11 years ago

@Hoping4babysoon: You go girl! I love your positive attitude toward getting "back in the game." Whatever that next step is for you, I wish you the best of luck! You better let us know when you get that BFP!

@BabyLoveJenn: I can't say that I have experienced the heavy and swollen feeling you described, but this is also just my first cycle with clomid. I am in the same part of my cycle as you, I'm on CD 15 today and I think you are one day ahead of me. My temperature is on the rise, like maybe I Oed, but I haven't done any OPKs this month in an effort to keep my stress level down. I've never had any O pain in prior cycles either and no O pain this cycle. I hope all your efforts this month pay off and you get that elusive BFP!

@dmcj101: I haven't experienced any weight gain thus far with Clomid. I've actually dropped about 5 lbs without any effort despite craving (and eating) junk food way more than normal! My doctor did mention weight gain is a normal side effect though. As for your temp question, your temps should stay elevated after you O until you are about to start AF (if you start ;-) ) I'll notice a dip in temp about 12-24 hours before my period starts. This dip in temp is the result of your corpus luteum ceasing its progesterone production and when progesterone levels drop, it signals the body to start AF. Good luck to you!

@babylove9: I hope AF doesn't come and you get your BFP soon! Fingers crossed for you! And I think we ALL could benefit from Hoping4babysoon's positive outlook!

@Swimmom: Yes, a temp dip is normal just before O and right before AF arrives. Rooting for you!

@felurian: I've had the same random cramping, but I don't think mine is related to O pain. The pain can get pretty intense, but then it goes away. Then I might feel it again the next day. Do experience anything like that?

@Agape Love: Best of luck to you with your next cycle.

to all you lovely ladies!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

11 years ago

yeah! amandas! I don't know what a pos opk looks like, I haven't had one lol!
So sorry agapelove-praying for you

Looks like there are a few of us super close in cycles! Should be a rush of BFP's soon

I was expecting a temp jump this morning after the dip, but it stayed the same??? 96.8.....I have no idea, so I am just believing I will O today or in the next few days.

for the next 4 or 5 days in a row

blessings to you all and your families

User Image

11 years ago

@agape......sorry for all the terrible 3's......it is all up from here.

AFM: the temps are still high 97.77 this morning so i am thinking its a good thing. this is 5 days in a row.....i so hope that things work out this month....still no real signs tho...just that miserable bloating and light pressure and cramp like feeling. so fingersx....

@everyone.......we are all so close on this cycle thing and that is funny.....but i know some of us it will be a BFP by the end of the month!!!!!

ttfn

Donna J. User Image User Image

11 years ago

Hey everyone, I will be starting my 2nd round of Clomid (100mg) on Thursday and I just wanted to know if anyone else has had success on their 2nd round and same dosage as well. My hubby and I have been TTC for 14 months now and I'm starting to lose hope that i'll ever have another child. I was also wondering if anyone can tell me how much of a spike in temp i'll have before, on, and after ovulation with BBT. and to all

11 years ago

@avaughn514 : It's nice to know there is another person going through secondary infertility like me. My DH and I have been trying for a 2nd child for about 15 months, and it wasn't until last month that I went to the dr to find out there were medical reasons for that and that I was just very lucky the first time around. I started to lose hope too, but I'm trying to be optimistic that clomid will work. I'm only on my first round though, so we'll see. Hopefully we'll both get pregnant with a second child soon.

As for your questions about temps... the amount of a spike or dip varies from woman to woman, but generally there is a dip of about 1/2 a degree prior to O and then a spike of .75 to 1 degree that shows that O has happened. My temps prior to O are all in the 96 degree range and then after O they are all 97+. Not everyone has a dip before O. For example my pre-O temp in my last cycle was 96.8, there was no dip and then my temp shot up to 97.5 after O. Temps stay up after O until just before AF arrives when there is usually another small dip of about 1/2 a degree. If the temps start falling after O, you can be pretty sure that AF is on her way.

and to all!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

11 years ago

@Sweeti7628 I do feel cramping like that every once in a while. It's not super intense for me, though. Just like minor AF cramping, but I know it's way too early for AF. I am just assuming that it's a side effect from the Clomid because I've never had anything like this before. I'm not really worried, just anxious.

@avaughn514! I hope you feel welcome and can get some of your questions answered. I would help, but I don't know the answers. I hope you find success with your second round.

AFM, I am going absolutely crazy and it's only 3DPO. I don't know how I am going to keep myself occupied and passing the time waiting to test. This is bad, guys. I can't remember when time would go this slowly before in my life. I think I'm getting too hopeful about this month and will just be disappointed

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

@felurian: I tend to go a little nuts waiting to test every month also. I think I'm already going a little crazy and I haven't even Oed yet. That's normal when you are TTC and staying positive is important. Try to find some activities to get your mind off testing as much as you can. Perhaps go see a movie or out to dinner with friends. While friends don't necessarily understand what you're going through TTC, they are usually good at providing distractions and conversation that doesn't center around babies, especially friends who don't have children. I hope this is the month you get your BFP!

11 years ago

Good morning to all of you ladies! To my surprise I got a pos opk this morning! A real actual positive! The clomid worked first round helping me O! Trying to every other day, but it's been pretty much every day

Can anyone tell me when you actually ovulate after a pos opk? Is it hours, or days? or both? I have read alot of conflicting information. Babylove, I just read what you said, 12-48 hours after the first pos opk. And yours has been pos for 4 days? That is confusing. wish i could help with that

As for temps, mine has been in the 96.8 range, and this morning was 97.3, not a huge rise, but something in the right direction :)

Praying for one after the other this month!

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo