Community post

Discussion

The EPO Experiment: Chapter 5

View Full Post

Hi ladies...

Since we filled 14 pages already, and I'm bored, I figured I would jump the gun and start the new thread! Hopefully the start of a new thread will brng in some new ladies to chat with our amazing group!

For those who are new, I think it's appropriate to give a little spiel:
EPO is supposed to help create more cm when taken from cycle days 1- Ov. Stop taking it from Ov until your next cycle, which we all hope to ride through with warmer temps, high high cervixes and a BFP, not to mention love and support.
Some folk switch to flax oil after Ov, but some of us just quit and hope for the best.

Also maybe a quick introduction for any new-comers and a refresher for everyone else?

My name is Joy
I'm ttc #1
Have been ttc for nearly 2 years
I've had 2 m/c's
My last pregnancy I got pg on my 1st cycle using EPO!
I am currently on cd31 of a 30-34 day cycle
Hoping for a bfp, but not feeling too optimistic
didnt try the epo this go around, but if af shows this week I plan on giving it another try!

Good luck ladies!
Here's to another chapter!

Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

289 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

61 - 70 of 289 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies!

Jamie - Welcome to the thread! This is a great bunch of ladies, very helpful and supportive! I got preggo on my first cycle using epo last time (tho it ended with a missed m/c) and am trying it again this cycle (first time since the m/c)
As for suggestions as to what else to take/use.... I strongly suggest preseed! Its available at CVS in the states or if you dont have one near you, it can be ordered off [url]www.early-pregnancy-tests.com[url/] Are you taking a prenatal or folic acid? Do you chart your bbt or use opks?

Ayrian - Glad you're feeling a bit better sweetie! Hopefully af clears out soon so you can get back to normal! Glad to talked dh into taking the fertility vits! I just have dh on a basic mens daily vitamin, figured it couldnt hurt.

AFM - Bored... dh is making me watch "Battlestar Galactica" Boo!

I am in the pre-O wait right now... according to FF my fertile period should start on Wednesday and O day should be Saturday!! I am feeling optimistic about this cycle... hope the EPO works for me the second time around!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago • Post starter

Thanks for the info Expecting2Expect.....Haven't been checking my bbt, I've been using an app on my phone called fertility friend. I live in Florida and CVS is right down the road lol so what exactly is preseed and what does it do? Also I read on some of the other post about using an instead cup......does this really help? And yes I do take prenatal vitamins......fingers crossed

Jamie Good luck to everyone! User Image

12 years ago

Jamie - I have heard of the softcups by instead, I have talked to some ladies who have used them. Never tried them myself (I live in Canada so I have to order anything I need, they dont sell that stuff here) I dont know how well they really work.

As for the preseed, the instructions say to "insert" it before bd-ing, but I actually toss the applicators and just use it like a lube (sorry tmi) I have heard a lot of ladies say injecting the amount they suggest is way too much.

The purpose of preseed is to create a sperm-friendly enviornment. It ensures that even if you dont have fertile cm things are optimal for the swimmer to get where they need to be. Also it supposedly lengthens the life of sperm making it more likely for them to still be around when you drop an egg even if you dont bd right before O-ing.

Hope that helps!!
Joy

12 years ago • Post starter

Hello Ladies!
Hope everything is going well!

Welcome Jamie, the ladies on here have lots of useful tips and are great.

Nothing exciting going on with me. On cd19 and waiting to o...I've been feeling some "movment" (twinges and tingling alternating between sides) in my overies the past few days, but my opk's are still about half the color as the control. I got a new brand of opk's this month and I was starting to not believe then so I went out & bought the other brand again to compare-they were right. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't goig to miss my o. I really hope its coming soon so we can get this show on the road..lol. one of the ladies I with with that just announced she was preggo is finding out what she is having tomorrow. I'm excited for her, but kinda bummed because she started trying almost 2 months after me and got preggo her first cycle of bc..blah!

User Image User Image ii

12 years ago

Happy Monday all!

Welcome Jaime~ Glad you're asking such great questions :)
I used EPO for 5 months or so before I got pg, now I'm hanging around to continue supporting my girls here. So yup, EPO worked for me, along with other factors.
I like to think that D vitamin and zinc helped, along with the usual folic acid and B6.
I hear that cups are especially good if you're up and about right after sex. Keeps them up close to the cervix rather than spilling out. One reminder with any cups you use (I use a 'Keeper/Diva cup for my AF): When removing it, please pinch the cup to release the suction before tugging it out! Otherwise you could suck your cervix!! eee!
Anyway, tell us about yourself!

Becca~ I forgot to mention yesterday~ My stance on caffeine: green tea is fine in moderation; coffee is a tiny bit more of a risk. You could switch to half-caf coffee (mix a Swiss/steam press decaf into your regular... cheaper versions of decaf contain icky chemicals which are more harmful than regular coffee. swiss press can be found at your favorite local roastery, and maybe even Starbucks?)

Joy~ You rock.
Ayrian~

Afm~
Figuring out how to juggle the day. I have plans to make cupcakes with a friend later this eve.
xoxo
Bee

User Image

12 years ago

Ok ladies I'm on cd2 and these cramps are killin me from af but I just picked up my first bottle of EPO, it says take one 3 times a day. So I was just wondering is this how much I should take and how long should I take it for......thanks for all the advice

Jamie Good luck to everyone! User Image

12 years ago

Joy - Glad you had a great time out partying over the weekend. I second your boo to Battlestar Galactica. Lol Dh loves it, but its not my thing.

Bee - Ahhhhhhhh thats so exciting about feeling the baby kicks. That must be the coolest feeling ever. So happy for you, truly I am. I'll bet it will be fun to show dh when he comes back. Thanks so much for the encouragement and the caffeine/coffee input. I really appreciated it! Good luck with your cupcakes tonight. Sounds like fun.

Aryian - Glad you survived af. Male Fertilaid sounds like a good idea. Definitely couldn't hurt. Lol know what you mean about the male pride thing.

Jamie - Welcome. I hope the EPO brings you a bfp soon. I really think it helps. I've been taking it now for 3 cycles. I also take Mucin ex and use preseed.

Imosier - Good luck with the o day this week. That is difficult to see someone get pregnant on their first cycle. So not fair!!!!

AFM 10 dpo and very tempted to test today, but I'm still trying to hold out at least until tomorrow. However, like I said before I just don't have any symptoms so I'm really discouraged already that this is not my cycle. Feel super down and angry about all of this today. I really don't know why I struggle with this some days verses others when I'm fine. Anyway, hope everyone is having a great Monday.
Becca

Becca, age 29 ttc #1 for abt 1 year User Image

12 years ago

Welcome Jamie! So happy you joined us! I wanted to tell you that I do use the instead cups. I usually don't have a lot of time to lay down after we bd so I don't want to lose any opportunity with my dh's boys :) I was using them when I got preggers last year (ended in early m/c) so I do think that they work and they also help with the "mess" of it all by keeping it all contained. :) So good luck. They are kinda big (larger than the diva cup), so they can be a little intimidating but once you get the hang of them it's just like inserting a tampon.
As Joy mentioned too, I also use the preseed. I don't necessarily have an issue with natural lube, but I figure it can't hurt it if it makes it a more inviting place for the spermies to hang out and get to where they need to go!

Joy: Thanks for your love. So happy you had a good fun weekend with the girls. I have one coming up in a few weeks and can't wait!

Becca: I know right? that male pride crap just drives me nuts! Boy could I write a book. I'm just happy he said he is willing to take it and then asked me to help him remember! PROGRESSION!!!! YAY! I hope you're having a better day today. Been thinkin about you. Keep strong and don't waste your test too early!!! even though I know how tempting it is!

Imosier: GL with your O this week! FX it's a good and successful one with a +outcome! preggers on the first try? Damn Them. I know how you feel though, trust me. I was just crying over my cheerios about my sisters getting preggers either by "oops!" or by two months ttc. What's wrong with me? My family is known and joked about in regards to fertility and it's taken me how long and I'm not!??? GRRRR! Salt in wound.

AFM: CD4. Still not feeling great. Wow this cycle seems to be a rough one. Hope it will be gone tomorrow though. fx. I feel like I got about 10 minutes of sleep last night. I had so much going on in my head that I could relax and then I would get mad at myself for thinking so much and then I would try to rest and yadda, yadda, yadda...I'm exhausted. I have the huge case of the Mundays.
Well, at least it's closer to being over than it was about five hours ago!
Hugs and Hand Squeezes to all!

~Ayrian User Image User Image

12 years ago

Aryian - So I set up an appointment last October for dh to get a SA and he was more angry with me over it than he has ever been in our entire marriage. I thought he was going to leave me, he was that mad. Of course, it was cuz I insulted his "manhood." What a joke. So the next day I canceled the appointment and here we are in our 9th cycle still not pregnant. Urrrrrr As the time continues to go by I feel like maybe I should have held my ground last October and fought for that test. At least we would have known one way or the other. Have you brought up the SA to your dh?

Becca, age 29 ttc #1 for abt 1 year User Image

12 years ago

Becca: I have asked him about doing one. It was last year that we chatted about it (I think before our m/c in July) Anyway, he reluctantly said he would if we weren't pregnant by Feb 2012 (last month) So, I was going to take him up on this, but talking to my insurance company, they won't cover it and it's a $300 test. So, for now, we won't be doing it. I did buy one of those at home sperm analysis kits but he refused to do it - so even if we did have the insurance and he said he would - actions speak louder. I am happy that he was so willing to take the tablets. I just hope he really means it, cause I hate spending the money on things that he just let sit around! *sigh.

~Ayrian User Image User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo