Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

61 - 70 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Jmcandrew: wow 44hours past trigger and you didn't ovulate yet? I've read that it can take as long as 48 hours. So it looks like timing is actually really good. the sperm should easily live 12 hours. Welcome. To the TWW! Fingers crossed!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Dh is taking it ok, im not really mentioning it i will wait till he is ready to talk about it, did a frer this morn and thourght i saw a line but i think it's an indent, they should be dark enough to see if i was preg by now, i wish the TWW was more like a 2 day wait,i could deal with that, going back to the test a Neg doesnt mean no sperm it just means that he has less than 20 million or somthing along those lines, it was light purple which means neg pink to red in any shade means pos and purp to blue in any shade means neg, it was light purp so it may not be all bad news, he didnt like doing it but he found it really hard to get the job done with this test tube and funnel, very un-sexy LOL, He knows now he might have a prob but i will let it sink in before i hound him to go to the doc's, GL with your TWW. im still waiting for mine to finish!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: I'm glad to hear you DH is ok. I think you both will feel a lot better after your appt. As long as he has a count, you have options. I know the one injection med I'm on (folistim) can also be use to help boost men's sperm count (according to the packet insert). I'm also proud of how strong and optimistic you sound. I know your DH may not want to talk right now, but we're all hear if you need to talk. If you haven't already, I'm sure you can find info on vitamin supplement for him, and improving ones diet could also help. You may end up doing an IUI like us, and if so, we'll be hear to answer any questions.

MelC: thanks, I was definitely freaking out earlier. I was cramping and bloated all morning, but I didn't feel the distinct sharp pains on both sides until 6 hrs after IUI (around 2pm). That's 50 hrs after trigger. I'm making a note of this to tell my RE if this cycle dosent work out. I think im one of the 5% that doesn't react to the hcg normally. I'm also a little concerned, I saw my chart afterward and I had 6 follies!!! 26, 25, 21, 20, 19 & 17!!! I just need one to stick!!!

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Jmcandrew: ovulation can take anywhere from 24-48 hours thats when the egg travels down and your fallopian tubes contract to help the egg. That's usually what people are feeling during ovulation. At least that's what I've read so it could be you had already released the egg but it was on the move. I don't know . A note for the doctor is always a good idea. did you check your cm before your IUi? I can't believe your Doctor let you have an IUI with 6 follies. My doctor only allows three. Anymore then that and the cycle is cancelled. If all 6 pick up you and your babies could be in trouble.

Stillfuntryin: A low sperm count is still good. You can def. work with that. There are lots of things they can use to try to boost sperm count he might even be able to boost it and you may get pregnant at home. I know clomid has been known to boost sperm count and certain vitamins do as well. Like jmcandrew said you might need to do IuI like us but that's really easy. GL! I hope that you and your Dh are able to talk soon and figure out the next steps.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

So I'm getting a little nervous for our doc appt this Friday. We're finally going in to see a urologist since DH's home SA all showed no sperm and zero count. We are both really nervous and he has pretty much decided that he is sterile. I keep telling him that all we need is one little swimmer to implant in an egg with ICSI. In reality, I don't think we are going to get good news. I was so hopeful and dreaming that since AF was due right around the time of our appt that I would wake up that morning and take a HPT and see 2 bright pink lines and we would celebrate and cry and hug each other and this bad dream of infertility would all be over. Then AF reared her ugly head today. I cried for a good long while. At least we will finally have some real answers and see if any of the vitamins I have DH on have helped. It takes a full 90 days for sperm to be produced and mature and he has only been on the pills for a little over a month now. I'm hoping for any kind of a simple fix that would be cheaper than IVF with TESA and ICSI.

You ladies have helped keep me going during some very sad times...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

11 years ago

Sugarbear: I am so sorry. I really have no words, I know there is nothing I can say that will help you in this time. I promise although it may not seem like it now, things will get easier. I read once that in order to move past infertility you have to mourn. It's like losing a child you never had. I hope that your doctor has good news for you please keep us posted you don't have to go through any of this alone. I don't know how your Dh feels about therapy but that might be a good step to take as well if you both are open to the idea. GL! I will be thinking about you!

11 years ago

Just a question bout IUI, do you need to be at the doc's all the time or what? I dont live in town it takes 8hrs to get to Cairns were the fertility clinic is so i may have to wait until chrissy to start it. Does Dh need to be thee all the time or can they just take 1 sperm sample and use it more that once (hoping that i wont need to do more than one) how much prep is involed do you need to do certian things?, i know nothing about it, I know the doc will explain it all later but i want to be able to ease DH into it so he doesnt get in there and be hit with all this info and get worried. I wont make him take supplements yet, he is very closed to all that stuff he will just say its a gimick and a waste of time and money! AF still hasnt come! It will wait to were i am really starting to think im in with a shot and them BAM! it's gonna hit me like a freight train, I have no hpt's and wont until tueday im getting my mum to send them on express post so they make my mail plane by Tuesday.
Gee i hope 6 dont stick that will be interesting LOL, i hope 1 sticks i have my fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

MelC: I hope your right, that the eggs traveling is what I felt (that and the fact there were quite a few there) I admit, when I realized i had so many, i thought it was very irresponsible for my RE to allow me to continue. BUT something I learned from my IVF orientation is that not every folicule produces an egg (there could be fluid there) or doesn't produce it in time (they have 24hrs from when the lead folie drops - so some of the smaller ones could not make it). And even if it did, there is no way to know (when doing IUI) if that egg is even any good. That is why during IVF, they have your dose of meds so high - so that you produce any where from 10 - 15, (even over 20-25 in some cases) folies. And of those folies, they may only collect 8-10, and of those 8, only 4 might be mature enough to continue with... This is something they don't tell you when your doing IUI bc a majority of women do produce perfectly normal folies and eggs. And those are the women that probably get pregnant with in the first few attempts of IUI. For me, and because i've produce at least 4 before (never 6) and I'm on my 6th attempt, i feel like I maybe have some bad eggs... of course i'm just guessing, timing is also a HUGE factor when using frozen DS as you know, i have no way of finding out until (and hopefully i don't) go through IVF. Only time will tell at this point, i'm trying to be positive... You know, i did check my CM, it was not normal for ovulation time, but the past 10day it has been rather low and I just associated it with the injectable meds.

SugarBear: I'm really sorry to hear that your AF showed up. it's so crushing, i know how you feel all to well. The situation is so fucked up, i know. But I am glad to hear your DH is open to taking some vitamin supplements. Like Mel C said, This is definitely a point where you guys will need to grieve. I can't tell you how to move forward or what to do next, that is for you guys to do and your relationship with be stronger because of it. But i can tell you from my experience, we too though of the TESA and ICSI option. The zero count concerns me, but I hope your doctor can give you some good new with that. It wasn't an option for us, but if it is for you, It might be worth it. MelC suggesting therapy might be a good idea. It would really help you communicate. My DH and I had years to absorb and make a game plan before we were ready to TTC. but since you already TTC, I would too suggest therapy to make sure you both talk openly and honestly about everything (getting you both back into the game sooner).

Stillfuntrying: Because you are healthy, and your DH just as a low count (we don't know what the diagnos is yet), they may start you with a natural cycle IUI or maybe with clomid. You would not need to be as closely monitored as you would with injectables or IVF. In my experience, I only had on average two appts before my IUI w/clomid. Your DH involvement is up to you both and your doctor. if him being able to go with you to every appt is a problem, hopefully your DH can just give you a fresh sample on the day of your IUI. (you will need a new samples for each IUI). If he can't be there to give you a fresh sample, they can freeze it ahead of time. BUT frozen sperm doesn't live as long as fresh... so timing will be very important. In my opinion, bc you don't live close, i would argue that he should be there to give you a fresh sample so it will live longer, and you won't have to worry about the stress of timing (which could be very hard to juggle bc of how far you are from the clinic). But lets go to the Doctors first. Let see what they suggest doing. There isn't too much prep. Just watch what you eat and drink.. live healthy.

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Well AF still isnt here but my cervix are still at about medium and they are firm so any day now i spose, im only on day 29 of my cycle, but i was nearly sure i O'd on CD10 i had a crapy ov predicter test that gave me a thin dark line but my saliva test were all ferning around that day and didnt fern again, so if i did O on CD 10 it would make me 5 days late and i did that FRER yesterday morning and i thourgth i saw somthing as i said but it would be heaps easy to see by now if i was 5 days late! i did have AF pains in CD 24,25,26 then they went away, im expecting her but and i told DH that she will be coming so dont get your hopes up its just my cycle is all fucked up atm. ok well im really on edge today i have had enough of this not knowing bullshit it's taking it's toll big time, oh and my horse has cut a big hole in her leg and i dont have a tetnus shot to give her i have given her a pennicillan needle but thats it and i hoseed it, if it's not one thing it's another, work is so busy DH is allways away flying and our contract musterers have shown up it's just so busy and im stressing out over this, gggrrrrrr i wish that everything would just work! My BFF is due to have he baby any day and im so happy for her but i cant help but be jelouse that it's not me, what did i do to deserve this, i must have pissed someone off up there!
OK had my vent i hope you ladies are doing ok today!

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin....I can relate. My BFF is having her baby shower on Saturay and I'm the god-mommy. He was an oops baby. Super happy for her but still jealous. Love her to death and can'tt wait to play with him!

You ladies have helped keep me going during some very sad times...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo