Community post

Discussion

Thinking Positive Buddy Group

View Full Post

Hi ladies! A few of us who supported eachother in the tww leading up to Sept 5 wanted to continue the encouragement and support we felt at the end of Aug - beginning of Sept.

A few of us got a BFP (yay!) and a few of us are gearing up for POAS again (OPKs). Check in regularly so we can all celebrate the joys and support each other through the harder times.

Single Mom By Choice TTC Using Open ID Anonymous Donor Sperm User Image

343 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

61 - 70 of 343 Replies | Last Page

Hello ladies...we made it to Okinawa!! We left Chicago on Wednesday evening, around 7pm, and we got to Okinawa Friday evening, around 7pm. I'm exhausted. I got a decent sleep last night, though (it's Saturday morning here) so hopefully life will settle into normalcy sometime soon! :)

(and when it does get back to normal I'll get back to trying to respond to everyone's posts, but right now my brain isn't functioning properly. :)

As far as my cycle goes it's pretty messed up. First the computer told me I ovulated on CD 9...but after about a week it said my newest information changed the cycle and now...nothing. I'm CD 22 and I had a temperature spike today but since I had two days of travel with no temping or OPKs it's hard to say. Not to mention I've been sick so we haven't actually been BDing much. *sigh* I'm pretty much hoping for my period to show so I can get in touch with a doctor here to get clomid. It worked so well with my first two babies I have no problem trying again! :)

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

12 years ago

We are moving on to IVF. DBF feels that now is as good a time to start as any. Why wait. My eggs will not get better over time, we have to do it now. So I got my first meds and start injecting on Sunday. I am very nervous though, I never thought that I would get to this point. In addition, there are the costs. It's insanely expensive, and DBF has to pay for it. I feel guilty that I can't at least conribute. I will keep you posted, but not much is likely going to happen during the next two weeks.

@Gray You're totally preggers girl!

@Elizabeth You should not temp in the evening. It is entirely meaningless. Your BASALtemp can only be taken after a sufficient period of sleep, right before you do anything else. Drinking the night before will make your temps higher than they would be (although a glass of wine does not matter) and lack of sleep as in a Beth short night, will do too. Remember that if you temp later than your usual temp time in the am, your temp will go up accordingly... Have a fun time though. After all, you o'd and now all you can do is wait for you text day...

Cheers & babydust
torontochick

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

torontochick - good luck with the ivf! hopefully it takes quickly and you don't have to spend *too* much money.

i don't actually record the temps at night, i was just trying to find out if my thermometer was working or not. temps should go up over the day until about early evening and then go back down, so to get a 94 reading in the evening seemed very strange to me. but for my charts, i temp at the same time every morning, first thing before i get out of bed. these last couple of days and the next couple that follow will be weird though - i'm three hours different, but since i'm also waking up later, i'm just calling it by my standard time zone. i'm not too concerned if a couple days are off though.

User Image

12 years ago

Happy Saturday ladies!

TC - best of luck with the IVF! I was surprised that you were jumping right past IUI into IVF but kudos to you really - better chances with IVF I think! I'm sure it will work straight away for you! fx! Is BF helping you with the injects or will you have to do them yourself? Not sure if I could manage it myself, but I guess I would if I had to. The end result is worth it!

Dragonfly happy to hear you're landed and all is well. Sounds like this cycle's tracking might be a bust but that doesn't mean there's not a bean in there anyway. Many women get pg without temping etc at all right? Still I can feel your frustration with it.

Elizabeth, my temps this month are very low too. I think it's because my window is cracked at night and the fall temps are getting lower and lower. Even though I don't feel cold at all when I'm sleeping, I'm sure it must have something to do with it. Your chart still looks okay though even with some lower temps. Don't stress about it. Also, I was going to suggest (about the non-drinking this weekend) that you ask your hubby to bring you drinks that look like low-balls... cola or sprite on ice with a wedge of lime on the glass? No one will question it. If they offer you wine or something with dinner just say you've noticed it gives you bad headaches lately so you're skipping the wine for now. :)

Gray as for the boob and pms question - I've been really analyzing my body this month to see if I have pms symptoms that feel like pg symptoms like last month. Bottom line... NO. I've measured my bbs last month and this month and they definitely grew last month by an inch and a half. No growth this month. I could barely sleep last month due to tenderness. This month - I could squeeze the crap out of them and feel nothing. (LOL that sounds crazy!) The more I go through this (useless) tww this month feeling totally normal, the more I'm convinced I actually had a chemical last month. I'm totally crossing my fingers for you! Hope this is your BFP!

AFM - spending my weekend with a very long "Jenny-Do-List". I have just under 3 weeks until my IUI so I want to get a bunch of stuff done before I'm pregnant (because of course it WILL work this time! LOL). Need to clean my oven, sort my closets, scrub every corner of my floors (probably will get on my hands and knees instead of using the mop), my windows are filthy too. Gotta do it all now while I have the energy and am not afraid of the fumes.

Hope you're all doing well. Can't believe October is here! WOW!!

Single Mom By Choice TTC Using Open ID Anonymous Donor Sperm User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Well ladies I tested this morning, SMU, and BFN. I'm getting very discouraged.

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

Good job with the updates, ladies!

Torontochick -- I know I'm a bit behind, but I'm so sorry that you started your period. I am, however, quite glad (and impressed) that you were able to make the quick decision to begin IVF. Hopefullly, you'll get nice, quick results with that. I'm not sure how the process works; does the process begin this cycle, or do you have to do only the shots (without the actual procedure) for now? Either way, I wish you lots of luck.

Graysam -- don't get discouraged, love! You're only 11dpo. Some women don't get their first bfp until well after 14dpo. Plus, since you aren't totally sure when you ovulated, you may have ovulated later than day 14. You weren't temping or using OPKs, right? Give it a few more days, and if you haven't started your period, test again. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings! I'm still holding out hope for you.

12 years ago

It's official ladies, I have no idea what is going on! lol The now 12 DPO has always been a guess as my experience with OPK's was awful. Realistically its probably less, I just wanted to be able to test! ha ha Anyway, Sunday night I had the WORST cramps in my life for like 2 hours and woke up with them for like another hour and then nothing...I am not due for my period until Thursday. I have one answer early test, decided to wait until Wednesday AM to test with FMU. (My DH has off this day)

Please please please cross your fingers for me!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

Hi ladies, great to read an update by eveyone... I have not much to report though... Yes, we decided to try an IVF right away instead of an IUI. The meds cost the same for an IUI cycle and we feel that our chances will be much smaller than with IVF. Of course, I am praying so hard that we will only need one try, mostly because it's killing me that I cannot contribute to the financing. As for not waiting another cycle... we had already been to a fertility clinic for our tests and had a long consultation with the OB/RE. We had already decided that we would seek help if we are not preggers this past cycle and when AF showed up I called the clinic right away to get an appointment. The only decision that remained was IUI first or directly on to IVF and since it was also a question of money, it was DBF who said "let's not waste anymore time"... I started injecting on Sunday. It's not really a biggy for me as I had to inject heparin throughout my last pregnancy. I think sometime around the middle of next week the whole ordeal is going to happen and then I'll probably go through the worst two weeks of waiting ever. I guess there is not much point for me to temp this cycle, since I won't be ovulating, really. I suppose my temps post transfer also might be skewed due to progesterone. I might just temp for the heck of it... we'll see.

@Gray I agree with Big V depending on when you actually ovulated, you might have simply tested too early. Fingers are crossed!

@Elizabeth Hope you had a great time travelling and partying :)

@Dragonfly Awesome that you sent a lifesign from Okinawa. Well, maybe the whole not-temping and time-shifting helped in a positive way ;)

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

torontochick - just curious, is it typical for these types of procedures to not be covered by ohip (i'm assuming you're in ontario?) or company policies? if that's true, that's a shame!

gray - i can't imagine why you'd be having this type of pain/cramping and have *nothing* be doing on in there! here's hoping that you just need to wait a couple more days until the tests start showing positive!

jenny - want to come over and do all my cleaning after you're done with your place?! hah. i'm hoping i'm pregnant more than ever now - the bathroom needs a major scrub-down and i'd love my first order of business as the pregnant fiance to be to pass that off to the boy. heh

dragonfly - how's okinawa?! are you settling in ok? must be a huge adjustment... and a great experience!

afm - back from the trip. had a lovely time - went to a perfect wedding, even if i couldn't drink. i'm sure hoping i'm actually pregnant though cause i would hate to have missed out on all that free booze for nothing!
yesterday i was really hopeful because i got hit with a huge wave of nausea in the morning. i don't throw up that often, but it felt like it was a near miss yesterday. but today, i had nothing. i have no other real symptoms except for mildly tender boobs (have been for a couple of days now... can get that sometimes with pms but it's not typical). the other things i suspect are just related to everyday activities (backache from the plane rides) and the changing of the seasons (stuffy nose).
i'm going to try to avoid getting my hopes up and will hold off testing until sunday at the earliest.

User Image

12 years ago

Hello again! :)

I am feeling awful today. Dizzy/lightheaded/nauseous/headachey. In other words, crappy. I desperately want a nap, but with two little ones that just doesn't happen!

Everything with my temping and such is so messed up. My waking times have been super erratic. And the OPKs...before we traveled, they were getting darker every day, but not positive. Then I was two days with no tests because we were traveling. Since we got here the tests have been lighter and lighter every day, yesterday there was hardly a test line at all. So..maybe I surged while I was traveling? I haven't had a clear thermal shift to prove it, but like I said, everything is erratic since we got here. Ugh. I guess I just have to wait and see, but it's so frustrating!

Fingers crossed for all of you! :)

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo