Community post

Discussion

Who wants to get Sept BFP's!! After trying for a few months.

View Full Post

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to muster up any confidence I have left at this point and feeling very discouraged do to our situation. In comparison to some ladies I know I am not as bad but still feeling down from last month and the prior 6 months total as well. Me and my husband have been trying since beg March this year and we are both healthy and young enough to start a family but no luck yet. I have connected with some ladies and it seems everyone of them has gotten a BFP on their first try or so and I would like to hear from those of you who are in my position where you are still trying and its just taking longer. I am looking for some support and stories about your journey so far and what you think of timing and any other methods you have been following. I'm interested to hear your thoughts now that we've all been at it for a while. What do you beleive in and what are you not going to try anymore?

For us, we tried for about 2 months the normal way just with me taking prenatals and not really understanding the timing of the O day and OPK's or anything like that. After that I researched about those things and figured out what timing was better than others and started using OPK's just to pin point my days, however, I have always been on a solid schedule of 26 day cycles and I know when AF comes each month so I'm not sure how much that has really helped me honestly. I also logged my BBT for a month and it felt more stressful than I think it should and it didn't help me really so I stopped that too. Now that we have passed the 6 month mark, I am scheduled to go to the fertility doctor and see what they can tell me or test for incase there is a bigger problem going on. I feel we have timed everything right for at least 3 or 4 months now and nothing ever changes. I even had my DH do a home test that came out positive for being at least at a normal sperm count.

So, what are your thoughts? What's your story? How long have you been TTC and what are going to do from this point on different?

I can't wait to hear from you! I need to know I'm not alone in this!

Married 7/17/11 In our late 20's TTC as of 3/1/2012 Never been pregnant User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

311 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

61 - 70 of 311 Replies | Last Page

HI Mrs. Mullen - Evening Primrose oil pills are also used only the days leading up to the O day and they are used to help your cervix be more soft and open once you about to ovulate. It's also a natural enhancement for women by creating a beter environment for the sperm traveling through your cervix. :) Sorry TMI. :) If you take it after O day it can be damaging to the environment for baby if pregnant so only take it for the 6-7 days after your period leading up to O day. :) I hope this helps! I will look into the Soy Iso's - are your cycles not normal usually then? Can you not calculate exactly when you are going to O or is it for a better process entirely around O time?

TSIMMONS - I use the FRER's too but sometimes I just want to see the lines because I feel like there is a chance to be pregnant if the digital one says no even though there could be a very faint line! So when are you going to test again? If you are just waiting for your AF and it doesn't show up then will you test? I understand your anxiousness!! I hate the feeling of not knowing but it's so exciting during that time of the month.

Do you fill out the stuff on this website about TTC symptoms and BBT and all that? When it says how do you feel today and there are answers like "Optimistic" or "Depressed" I never really know what to put and why it even matters. Ugh...

Married 7/17/11 In our late 20's TTC as of 3/1/2012 Never been pregnant User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

11 years ago • Post starter

It depends on how I'm feeling if I put down my symptoms but its really rare. I do however like to compare my symptoms to other peoples so I read EVERYTHING!!!

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/gender/ctp_gender_predictor_boy.jpg

11 years ago

Hi ladies,
I'm trying to stay hopeful and positive for September. DH and I have been trying to conceive since April 2011, I did a lot of research and have been timing since the first cycle. Cycle 2 I started using OPK's and Cycle 3 I started using Instead Softcups... we got our BFP in June. Unfortunately, I had an early miscarriage. Since my OB at the time did not do a single blood test or ultrasound, we're unsure if it was a miscarriage due to anything. I found a new OB in early August who has done a series of tests (Bloodwork, HSG and Ultrasound to look at follicles) on me, most of them normal/good, thank goodness. The only thing that may be a concern is my TSH levels were in the high side of normal... I took a blood test for antibodies. I may have early onset of hypothyroidism or Hashimoto's disease (autoimmune disorder), both of which can make conceiving difficult and cause miscarriage. Luckily, they both have simple treatments that should fix the problem. So I'm currently on CD 20, this is my first cycle using a CBEFertility Monitor, and I'm waiting to ovulate. Previous cycles I learned I ovulate between CD 21-24, so it should happen any day now.

I think the hardest part so far has been not stressing my husband out... which leads to performance issues; seeing my 2 best friends get pregnant the same month I did, but go on to have healthy pregnancies (genuinely happy for them, just sad for me); and the constant "when are you going to have a baby question". I have moments of being excited and happy, then I have moments of sadness and frustration and other moments of utter anger. This whole process is hard and it takes a lot of strength. The only thing I can think of is that it is building my patience, faith, strength and character so i'll be ready for the tests and trials of motherhood.

I'm crossing my fingers for all you ladies... I hope September is good to us all!

DH (39) Me (33) Married since June 2011 TTC #1 since April 2012 CP July 2012 User Image

11 years ago

@Pinkbride.... This whole process can be stressful. Trust me all of us at one time or another has felt like we were going to go completly nuts and in the process try to remain calm so we dont drive our DH crazy. Thats why the board is sooooo good because we can all relate to each other and there is nothing to feel ashamed of because its all normal. Last month I literally wanted to have a fit like a 2 year old because my perios showed. My bbs were sore so I thought FOR SURE i was pregnant and wasnt. I sat in the tub and cried and then pulled myself together and said everything is in Gods timing. I prayed and am now just trusting and waiting for God to bless us. Will I get anxious again... YEP, I am right now lol but what we cant do is lose hope or get too far gone that we have our bodies all out of wack and make it even harder to conceive. Soooo with all that said, I will add you to the prayer list and look forward to your BFP because it is coming as well. We were created to have babies and if that is what God intended then believe it and it will happen. Hugs and lots of baby dust!!!

11 years ago

Thanks TSIMMONS! I really appreciate your prayers.. and so does my DH. Some weeks he thinks I'm going looney. How is your luck going? Have you retested?

This month is my first month using the CBEFertility Monitor, I got my "Peak" w/ and egg symbol this morning. We BD'd on cd15, cd18, cd20 and I'm going to try to encourage (pressure always gets the opposite desired result) BD tonight. Wish us luck that this one makes it!

I have a question about baby asprin... has anyone taken it? How much? I'm thinking of trying it this cycle. After my miscarriage, I'm a little nervous.

Hope all of you ladies are having a great day!

DH (39) Me (33) Married since June 2011 TTC #1 since April 2012 CP July 2012 User Image

11 years ago

Welcome PinkBride2011 :) - I'm glad you joined our very encouraging group of women! :) I def hope this is the month for you as well. - keep me in your prayers too! I'm on month 7 for Sept and I am hoping this is the month for us as well. My O day will be around Labor Day so starting today thru Tuesday will be our fertile days. Encouragement is truly better than pressure. My DH told me last night that he felt like a baby-maker sometimes and I def don't want that to be his feeling because I want him to feel comfortable and excited like I am. I will def try to put a better spin on everything from now on with him. Sometimes I get so caught up in making sure everything is good with me that I forget to keep him as happy and excited too. - well here's to a hopefully successful try! :)

@TSIMMONS - So???? Any yet? Any new news? We are all dying to know!!! :)

Anyone close to testing yet?

Happy Thursday ladies!

11 years ago • Post starter

I am having some spotting but only when I go to the bathroom. I think I'm out for this month. I'm feeling like I want to have a temper tantrum like a teo year old. This process can be sooo stressful. Thank God I have people to vent to!!!

11 years ago

Thanks MrsAskew, you are in my prayers too! It's a very fine line with DH.... I guess this balancing act is good practice for all the juggling we'll be doing once we are mothers. Lucky for you this weekend is a holiday weekend, more relaxing days helps.

I can't figure out what's worse, waiting to ovulate, or waiting to test!!!

11 years ago

Sorry TSIMMONS! Try to keep your head up... spotting isn't impossible during early pregnancy.

11 years ago

@Pinkbride- I will be keeping you in my prayers. Glad you found our little group though to help you through this. I have found these girls to be so sweet and supportive!!! I told my DH last night- save your energy cause we will be busy next week! He just grinned. LOL He knows when I start breaking out the slinky nightgowns that it is time. I have been wearing just t-shirts and shorts to bed for the rest of the month and when the week comes that is BD time- I try and make it fun for him too. LOL TMI I am sure but hope that makes sense.

@TSIMMONS-Hang in there.. but I know exactly how you feel. When I started spotting last week- I thought I was going to throw a huge tantrum. You just get so let down after being hopeful that it is natural to want to let it all out. I try and have my little tantrum at home before anyone else gets home. I get a good cry in and usually some kind of chocolate SOMETHING and then feel a little better.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo