Community post

Discussion

starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! part 4

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies out there who are using clomid to help them conceive. Feel free to express your every emotions and you can never give TMI, remember we are all on the same page and have heard it all! So welcome to the group!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

297 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 297 Replies | Last Page

lisserb,

That look like a "+" to me too. I haven't read any of your older posts so I'm not sure of your health hx, but keep in mind that could be implantation spotting. Sending much positive energy your way :)

Myself 42 Hubby 49 -------------- TTC #1 since 02/2010 User Image

11 years ago

Aw, Lisserb, I'm sorry. Keep posting pictures. We can help with line spotting :)

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

lisserb- I hope you get another BFP when you test again. That first one is totally noticeable.
As for me I am 5dpo and I had a dip right below the coverline on my bbt chart. Is this normal? I don't understand bbt charting at all and it is past my head. Can i share my chart some how so you ladies can tell me if it looks okay? I hope everyone has a great day and we start seeing more BFP in test and opk. Lets bring on the baby bumps.

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks guys.

Here is today's. Another BFN.

User Image

The BFP from Saturday must have been the last little bit of HCG trigger.

I'm not giving up completely yet. I still have a few more days. I've got AFish cramps though, so that is putting a bit of a damper on my hopes.

Anyway, to answer the questions about the HSG's and IUI's. I've had three HSG's and 5 IUI's.

The very first HSG I had, I didn't take any pain killers before hand, and it was very, very painful. They have you get onto a bed with a huge Xray contraption above it. It's somewhat like a pap, where they insert the speculum, and then they put a catheter in through your cervix. That part can pinch a bit, but I don't recall feeling it any of the three times. Then they push an xray dye through the catheter and into your uterus and tubes. I had to do labor type breathing to get through the cramping during the first HSG. The second one I took prescription strength naproxen and literally didn't feel a thing. The third one I also had prescription naproxen for, and it still didn't hurt, but I felt it a bit more. It's not a comfortable test at all, and there is generally some cramping. Depending on your pain tolerance, it shouldn't be too bad so long as you take some pain killers a few hours before the test.

As for the IUI, after an HSG they are a walk in the park, lol! We deal with MFI (low morphology male factor infertility), so that is why we are doing IUI's. They generally have your partner come in a couple of hours before the IUI to give his sample. Then they will "wash" that to try to get the best ones and they put those ones back. The first IUI we had 8 million post wash, the next two had 6 million post wash, the fourth one (that worked but was ectopic at 6 weeks) was 13 million post wash and this last one was also 13 million post wash. It's again very much like a pap, on the table, speculum in, and a catheter into the cervix. They draw the sperm up into the catheter and then with some air push it out into your uterus.

I usually cramp the day of and for a day or two after an IUI. This one I've had cramping on and off for the entire TWW. I can't remember if I did with the last one, and I didn't write it down anywhere.

Now that I've written a novel, I hope that helps with giving you some information babylove9. Feel free to message me with any questions you have. Every RE has a different protocol for doing IUI's depending on the patient and their practice. For me, I take clomid and the have an ultrasound to check follicle growth. I then use a trigger shot to force ovulation (because I grow huge follies very fast and they don't want me making too many) and then get my IUI about 40 hours later.

I hope everyone is doing well. Luck and Hugs to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

lisserb~Thank you so much for the information! I also had an unpleasant hsg experience so if the IUI is easier then that is great! I will do the trigger shot and clomid as well.
It would be great if I could conceive on my natural cycles so I don't even have to do the IUI in the fall but that's wishful thinking! Sorry about your bfn.... that you may still get your bfp this cycle!

Have a great week ladies!!

User Image

11 years ago

Lisserb ~ I am so sorry about those BFNs! I definitely seen that first one and thought you had gotten your BFP. *hugs* to you, but don't give up yet, there's still a chance.

I took my first clomid yesterday, round 4. This morning I was already having hot flashes! Normally the hot flashes didn't start until about 3 days after starting the clomid, but I am taking them at 5:30 pm instead of 12:30 pm, just to see if it makes a bit of difference... Anywho, my doctor is wanting to also do an HSG test next cycle (I was hoping for this cycle, but I guess it's difficult to get one schedualed because of the timing...). My doctor has not mentioned anything to me about a trigger shot. Can someone please tell me a little bit about them?

User Image

11 years ago

babylove9, my DD was a huge surprise natural conception the cycle before we were due to start IUI's 7 years ago. We were waiting on a CD1 that never came. It can happen!! Unfortunately lighting didn't strike us twice though.

Good Luck!

Thanks Jamienix. Funny that there were three of us with faint false positives this round, hey? I'm still hoping that AF will be a no show for me!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Hey ladies just checking in....
Lisserb - that just plain stinks.....faint false bfps stink Im sorry for every one who got one. My spotting on sat has turned into one of the heaviest periods i have ever had..)..
Dr has called for another fsh test and sperm count for dh......a year ago my fsh was borderline at 10.
Pray dh will agree to do the sample because he swears he has the most powerful sperm on the planet....and doesn't see why he has to...
This will be my third clomid cycle.....Im still not sure if i want to chart and stuff.....maybe opk. ...who am i kidding? Ill be peeing on sticks in a week or so......
Praying for all of you

User Image

11 years ago

Swimmom- Aw, sorry AF came and that it's so heavy! Good luck with round three. And I understand your DH situation. Mine said the same exact thing (my sperm are fine! I got you pregnant once before) and refused to get a test. It finally took me sitting down with him and explaining that I know he didn't want to do it because it was embarrassing, but I was already doing all I can for us and that it was his turn.

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Hey everyone I dont often post on here but am always reading up! Just wanted to share some good news, got my BFP at the weekend! Still taking tests everyday and so far the lines getting darker, am desperate for the doctors to re-open after the bank hols so I can book a blood test! Do any of you know if I should take progesterone supplements during pregnancy? Doc said if I got pregnant that I shouldnt need anything but I cant help but worry, its taken so long to get to this point!
Swimmom- my husband wasnt keen on the analysis either but its jst embarassment! He wont lose anywhere near as much dignity as we will when we get to a labour ward haha
Lisserb - I cant begin to imagine what its like to get a line and then get nothing next time you test, so sorry hun. Dont give up tho, you will get there!
Good luck to all you ladies, I will continue to read up on your progress!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo