Community post

Discussion

The EPO Experiment: Chapter 5

View Full Post

Hi ladies...

Since we filled 14 pages already, and I'm bored, I figured I would jump the gun and start the new thread! Hopefully the start of a new thread will brng in some new ladies to chat with our amazing group!

For those who are new, I think it's appropriate to give a little spiel:
EPO is supposed to help create more cm when taken from cycle days 1- Ov. Stop taking it from Ov until your next cycle, which we all hope to ride through with warmer temps, high high cervixes and a BFP, not to mention love and support.
Some folk switch to flax oil after Ov, but some of us just quit and hope for the best.

Also maybe a quick introduction for any new-comers and a refresher for everyone else?

My name is Joy
I'm ttc #1
Have been ttc for nearly 2 years
I've had 2 m/c's
My last pregnancy I got pg on my 1st cycle using EPO!
I am currently on cd31 of a 30-34 day cycle
Hoping for a bfp, but not feeling too optimistic
didnt try the epo this go around, but if af shows this week I plan on giving it another try!

Good luck ladies!
Here's to another chapter!

Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

289 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 289 Replies | Last Page

Good morning ladies!!!

Bee: I'm so happy that you stuck around with us who are trying to get where you are. It's great for me to hear about you and your journey through becoming a mom!
Sorry Dh is gone. Wow - two weeks! that's a good time away and in Mexico? How does that seem fair? Oh bother. I do hope you are able to keep warm. We use our wood stove to warm up our house too, I don't know what I would do if DH took off. Probably freeze like you do in the morning. :)
Sleepovers sound fun. I hope you have an amazing time with your mom and friends!!
Oh and a warm bath sounds lovely... I may have to do that. ahhh!

Joy: Darn that AF. She is truly wicked. I do hope you're feeling better today and that she is packing her bags for a long vacation from you.

Becca: I don't blame you one bit for declining the next dinner party. It sounds like it was rough. I do hope that you do find some time to go out and maybe just do a hot date with your DH and maybe one other couple. That may ease the tension but still give you some social things to do. Make it a fun event date, like bowling or billards or something to keep everyone busy and light hearted. :) Hand squeezes and hugs dear friend.

lmosier: Thank you for your kind words. I do hope that it's all a positive weirdness. :) I hope you get your +OPK soon and the soy helps. Sorry your surrounded by preggos - I hope today is better for you.

AFM: 10DPO and itchin to test but not going to until day of or day late. I have 2 days left before AF is supposed to be here. I would just rather see what happens that way instead of seeing it written in front of me. I have been having some cramping and pinching. Yesterday I was really thirsty and hungry but felt full at the same time. I really don't want to read into this too much because, well as you know, the disappointment that may surface at the end. Ugh.

Have an Teriffic Tuesday!!!!

~Ayrian User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Ayrian - Keeping my for you hunny!! Let us know when you decide to test!!!

Bee - No issues from me! I am so happy you have stuck around!! :) you give us hope!!

lmosier - I am so sorry that your having to deal with so many stupid pg people.... as if they got pg their 1st cycle trying, or werent even trying at all... makes me ill how easy some people have it!

AFM - I am laying with my dog right now, he is SUPER cuddly at the moment!! lol Af is still here, but on her way out... tomorrow should be the last day so I will be starting EPO soon!! I have high hopes for this cycle. And if I O when I did last cycle I would be due Dec 1! Only a few days before dh! We really didnt want a kids bday so close to Christmas so hopefully that means it'll actually work out! lol!

Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi Ladies

Bee - Don't you go anywhere!!! Stay here and keep us updated on your journey. It gives me hope that one day ill be experiencing that too. I was jealous/irritated with the other pregnant lady at the party, because it was her 3rd pregnancy, she was using my baby name (which is Emma), also she is 8 months pregnant which if I had gotten pregnant when we started ttc I would be 8 months too. I wasn't really mad at her, but just hurting to be around her, because she has something that I'm starting to worry I'll never have. I have no bad feelings towards you for being pregnant, really I'm happy for you and I like hearing from you.

Joy - Sounds like you had a super crazy busy day yesterday! Hope you had a chance to relax today and I hope af is giving you a break and going away.

Aryian - Ugh its soooooooo freakin hard to wait. But I agree your better off to just wait. The bfns hurt so much and they feel so final even if you test early. I hope I can hold out longer this cycle so that I'm not so devastated with the bfns. My problem is I o so early that my expected af isn't until 16 dpo and it seems like forever to wait through. FX for you!

Imoiser - So difficult to be around a pregnant girl who got pregnant her first cycle. ugh I hate the whole "relax, don't think about it and it will happen" Bull crap!!! Just cuz some ladies are super fertile doesn't mean that the rest of us should try to make our chances better! Makes me so angry to have this conversation with women who had kids easily.

Afm - 4 dpo today and really nothing to report. Really tired today but thats cuz I was drinking a little caffeine up till I o'd and now I'm not drinking any and its killing me. I survive on caffeine so when I get pregnant its going to be a long 9 months off of it. I'll do it though if it means I get to have my precious baby!!!
Becca

Becca, age 29 ttc #1 for abt 1 year User Image

12 years ago

Hey ladies, just a quick pop-in, nothing much to report form the Dr. but I LOVE my new doc!!! He's so nice, listens and regarding my age, his response was "meh" Couldn't say much about the pain, but he didn't feel anything. going for bloodwork tomorrow (full general workup) 8dpo today, tested bfn this morning. Nuts, I know but I wanted to test before the appt. Just in case it made a difference. Gotta go, I wiped! Crazy busy the last 2-3 days & it's not slowing down!!

I'll catch up asap!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Hi ladies

airies - Glad your apt went well!!

Becca - Yay for the 2ww! Sorry you're feeling so tired... lack of cafine can do a number on ya! Glad you're sticking with it though - hopefully you'll have a sticky bean soon!

AFM -I am in a very grumpy mood today... last night af picked up a bit again, then tapered off and this morning there was next to nothing, then when I got home this afternoon there was blood again!! Seriously??? I am on cd7!! Today should be the LAST day, so I should just have minimal spotting, or brownish d/c, not BLOOD! I seriously feel like crying. Dh thinks I am just over-reacting, which I probably am, but I am just so suck of feeling this way! I am so paranoid that its just never going to stop! Not having a very good day.

Joy

Joy: I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. After all the trama you went through with the d&c, i don't blame you, I just wish af would be a little more gentle to your body. Hugs and hand squeezes.

airies: so glad you are so happy with your new dr. that makes things so much easier.

AFM: i'm exhausted but could be due to my dh talking my ear off until 11:30pm and having to get up at 6:15 - just not enough sleep, so I accidently slept in until 2 minutes before I had to leave!!! Ugh. Stressful morning.
I'm so irritable and moody. Trying not to be, but I am. I just keep thinking of tomorrow being the tell all day - is it af or no af? will my temp stay up or go low?
Ugh - too much stress. I need a cup of tea and a nap. :)
Thank God it's Wednesday!!!

12 years ago

Joy: I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. After all the trama you went through with the d&c, i don't blame you, I just wish af would be a little more gentle to your body. Hugs and hand squeezes.

airies: so glad you are so happy with your new dr. that makes things so much easier.

AFM: i'm exhausted but could be due to my dh talking my ear off until 11:30pm and having to get up at 6:15 - just not enough sleep, so I accidently slept in until 2 minutes before I had to leave!!! Ugh. Stressful morning.
I'm so irritable and moody. Trying not to be, but I am. I just keep thinking of tomorrow being the tell all day - is it af or no af? will my temp stay up or go low?
Ugh - too much stress. I need a cup of tea and a nap. :)
Thank God it's Wednesday!!!

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Ayrian - Thats sweetie! Sorry you slept in today! Hope you still made it wherever you need to be on time!! for no af tomorrow!!

AFM - well stopped bleeding after I last posted, then suddently have some spotting/light bleeding again. Grrrrrr..... I really wish it was the weekend already and af was gone!! Really she should be gone tomorrow, it will be cd8 so if she is here at all it should just be really light spotting or d/c... thats it. If I am still bleeding by Friday I may have to call my ob/gyn and book an apt. This really is pissing me off, why cant my body just be normal? Every other af I have had since they started again has been pretty similar, why now?? Trying to stay hopeful that she will go away on her own tomorrow!

Joy

Well, yesterday was quite a day. After I got over the anxiousness of waking up late, all was well. I did make it to work on time. Lucky for me I lay out all my clothes and get the coffee pot ready the night before!
Today, I got a BFN. I'm 12 dpo. Bbt dropped a bit but is still above the cover line. Tomorrow, AF will probaby show. Not happy, really quite sad and irritated that I'm not pregnant. Ugh.

I'll catch up with everyone a little later. Just wanted to release some steam....

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Ayrian - Sorry to har about the bfn Still hoping af doesnt show for you!

AFM - I think af is gone... still had some stuff on my pad, hard to tell if it's old blood in my cm or if it's just brownish cm. There wasnt as much as yesterday, so hopefully tomorrow it will ALL be gone.

Joy

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo