Community post

Discussion

The EPO Experiment: Chapter 5

View Full Post

Hi ladies...

Since we filled 14 pages already, and I'm bored, I figured I would jump the gun and start the new thread! Hopefully the start of a new thread will brng in some new ladies to chat with our amazing group!

For those who are new, I think it's appropriate to give a little spiel:
EPO is supposed to help create more cm when taken from cycle days 1- Ov. Stop taking it from Ov until your next cycle, which we all hope to ride through with warmer temps, high high cervixes and a BFP, not to mention love and support.
Some folk switch to flax oil after Ov, but some of us just quit and hope for the best.

Also maybe a quick introduction for any new-comers and a refresher for everyone else?

My name is Joy
I'm ttc #1
Have been ttc for nearly 2 years
I've had 2 m/c's
My last pregnancy I got pg on my 1st cycle using EPO!
I am currently on cd31 of a 30-34 day cycle
Hoping for a bfp, but not feeling too optimistic
didnt try the epo this go around, but if af shows this week I plan on giving it another try!

Good luck ladies!
Here's to another chapter!

Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

289 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 289 Replies | Last Page

Happy weekend everyone,

Joy~ I'm sorry you're feeling scared of your af. Not a nice way to experience a necessary part of a fertile cycle.
This may be flaky for some, but it's something I use regularly as part of aikido warm ups in my mind:
Try visualizing the flow as part of a larger gathering and releasing of energy from the earth, sky, and your body. Some light stretching can really help this. The earth energy flows up and holds you from your base filling you with love; sky (or wind) energy flows down into you, holding you against the earth like gravity, and filling you with life; let your body's energy release any negative space or thoughts which you would rather not carry, and let your body become a unique combination of earth and sky.
ahhh.

Becca~ Wow, that sounds like it was a terrible cold and earache! Don't give up at the beginning of the tww! I was sick when I ov'd last too :)

Lmosier~ How are you feeling after your day of taking it easy? I hope you're feeling better.

Airies~ how's the tww going? That's so great that you get to swim so often! It feels great!

Liz~ I'm so glad your appointment went well the other day (week?).

Bug, Talless~ Still thinking of you :)

Afm,
I got a sporty two piece bather and my mom says it's cute with the beginning of my bump sticking out. (I still think it's mostly winter casserole.) She got me a 3 month pass to the rec centre in town, and I did a half hour of laps for my first day. It's nice to have another reason to get to town regularly.
Otherwise I'm feeling good... still no movement from the bean, but it's early for that. I'm hungrier these days for fruit and veggies and second breakfasts lol.
Well, my school work is suffering, so I'd better put some time in. Have a great weekend all!
xoxo Bee

User Image

12 years ago

Morning ladies! Sorry I've been quiet, just felt like lurking for a bit. Feeling kinda melancholy, working on a lot of Easter music right now & it's made me think a lot about what would have been my due date (mc last Aug @ 9 weeks) I don't know how to feel right now.....

Joy: Have fun tonight! In a REAL disco! have a drink for me!

Bee: You sound so cute in your 2-piece...I've never-ever worn one! Always been a big girl & I don't experience the "cute bump" thing but that's ok, I prefer my suits to utilitarian....plain ol' speedo tank for me! No skirts to float, no blousing to bubble, I wanna move!

Aryian: So glad your computer spa day was a freebie! I shutter because we always buy rebuilds...we're usually ok though because DH's best friend is an IT guy, so he's the 1st call we make for anything!

Sounds like the sickies are getting better! Thanks Goodness!

AFM: I'm at 5dpo & not much going..my sleep has been weird, I've needed a couple naps (which is unusual for me) Lots of vivid dreams the last 2 night..one where I dreamed I got up to pee & could n't hold it, woke up & checked the mattress!! Funny though because you would think you'd dream that if you really did have to go, but I didn't.

I'm still having that pain...I suspect follicle pain. Like I said, it's nothing horrible, just periodic pangs. I can force the feeling if I stretch while lying down but most of the time it's random. I have an appt on Tues w/ the doc so I'll ask then. I've never had any cysts other than a corpus luteum cyst while pg w/ my DD & it came back when I got PG last summer. But it never caused any pain even though it got quite large (large enough to concern the Dr & it never went away in the pregnancy, usually they dissipate when the placenta takes over) I can't imagine I would feel something like that from "O" time???? I'm wondering if the new supplements caused it??

Anyway, DH is working this morning so it's quiet. 3 gigs tomorrow so I won't be home all day, gonna try to squeeze some mommy time in between jobs!!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Hello Ladies!!

Becca-Glad your feeling better and managed to squeeze in some bd time!~ Hopefully you caught the lil eggie!!

Joy-Have fun tonight!!

Bee-yay for cute bathing suits!!

Ayrian- for free computer spa day!! Glad your tww is going fast. I wish it was snowing here-we have only had about 1-2 inches of snow total this winter-compaired to the last 2 winters where we had 2 huge snowstorms each! Missing the snow.

AFM-cd 10 is here--got my opk/hpt kit from early-pregnancy-test.com in the mail yesterday, was afraid the okp's were not going to make it in time for me to use them. Im not entirely sure when to start using them. I used them for the first time last cycle-started using them every other day around cd 15 since I have longer cycles-then when FF gave me my fertile window-i started to use them once a day, but they never got darker so I stopped after 2 weeks, then I did a random one on dc 72 and found out that I was about to O and used them twice a day for then next 2 days until they were no longer +. I took soy this cycle to hopefully get me to O MUCH earlier. I use one yesterday and there was the faintest of lines-was thinking about trying one before I went to work tonight or when I woke up tomorrow early after noon...so confusing. Still feeling sick-think I have a bad head cold--trying to get hubby in the bd every other day mode even tho Im sick--hubby has the best immune system and hardly gets sick. Sorry for the long post!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
--Laura

User Image User Image ii

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Ayrian - Glad your 2ww is flying by!! Hopefully you have some good news soon!

Bee - Thanks hun I'll have to give that a try! Yay for finding a cute bathing suit!

airies - Sorry to hear your still in pain Hopefully the doc can figure out whats causing it!

Laura - with the opks!! Hopefuly this cycle will be shorter for you!!

AFM - No dancing or drinking last night... ended up getting sick so we just hung out at the house, then the other girl when home when we were supposed to go to the bar (by then I was feeling up to it). She is gonna reschedule the whole thing, but it just sucks cause last night I actually could have drank! If she were to reschedule for next weekend I still could, but anytime after that will be after O so I cant. Grrr!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi Ladies!!
Happy Monday to you!

Joy: so sorry AF but a negative on your party! How rude! I do hope today is better for you and you at least popped a wine cork sometime this weekend!

Becca: Glad your feeling better

airiesing: I've been getting that weird pain/pangs this cycle too. Hmmm. Well, I do hope you have positive feedback at your appt tomorrow. keep us posted!

AFM: 9DPO and I woke up hungry this morning. hmmm? Also, my bbt's are driving me nuts. not sure what is going on there but they just are so low and weird. I want them flying super high and I just can't push them up. Really annoying.
Well, off to work!

~Ayrian User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hey Ladies

Aryian - Your symptoms sound promising. FX for you. Hope you had a great weekend.

Joy - Hope your having a great day. Wrote more to you on the Confessions thread.

Bee - Two piece swimsuit with a baby bump, that sounds so cute!!! Glad you have an excuse to go to town and get out. Also it sounds like a safe way to exercise while pregnant. Thanks for your encouragement. Of course its possible that I might still get pregnant, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Hope your having a beautiful and happy day.

Good luck to you ladies in the tww hope you have some bfps coming your way!!!

AFM - 3 or 4 dpo, cant remember. Anyway, went over to a friends an vented about the party and I feel better. For those of you not following the other thread I had a rough night Saturday at a Dinner party filled with baby talk and a woman 8 months pregnant who was naming her baby the same name that I want to use someday for my baby. It just hit a raw nerve and I couldn't deal with it very well. Anyway, im better today and next time I just won't go to a dinner party where I know I'm going to feel bad.
Becca

Becca, age 29 ttc #1 for abt 1 year User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Becca - You're such a sweetie! It is so neat to have you on both threads... get to see both sides of you so to speak! lol Glad you are feeling a bit better today... hopefully soon you will be pregnant and you can brag about how wonderful it is to all of them!

Ayrian - Sorry your bbt is acting funny.... hopefully all your symptoms are a good sign tho!! Weird is uaully a good thing when it comes to ttc!

AFM - Busy day, kinda feel like going to bed! Felt a little like grand central station for a while there... had my friend and her baby over, then another friend stopped in with her bf to look at wedding stuff, then my parents called from down south, the my sister..... it never ended! lol!! Thankfully I am feeling much better today though!

Hope everyone had a great start to the week!
Joy

Ok, seriously?? Yesterday and today (up until 10 mins ago) had just been light spotting, so I was thinking af was gonna be short this cycle (Sweet!)... no such luck. Just went to the washroom and I am actually bleeding again! Not just spotting, actually dripping out of my when I pee! (sorry tmi) SOOOO irritating!!

Hello Ladies!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Joy--sorry the is playing games with you!! Hopefully you guys will be able to take a long break from each other soon!!!

Iwish-Hopefully good things are going on in there!! Hope your temps figure out what they want to do.

AFM--sitting on cd13--nothing to report, I staretd using my opk's every other day until they start to get a lil darker--hoping the soy will move my O date up (or that I actually O). Still trying to kick the last lil bit of this cold. I just found out another person I work with is pregnate. The first girls pregnancy was unplanned and the other 2 got pregnate their first cycle after coming off bc...grrr, I just dont understand why some people have such an easy time, and here we are planning, taking all kinds of supplements and doing all kinds of baby dances, crossing our fingers and hoping we dont get let down in the end....Two of the 3 pregnant girls know im trying and they both just keep telling me not to think about it and it will just happen, .....ok, sorry for the rant ladies, just needed to get some of that off my chest. Feel a little better now. Off to take a nap since I worked an overnight shift.

User Image User Image ii

12 years ago

Happy Tuesday Sweethearts

Joy, I'm glad you'll try the visualization. So lame that your AF regressed to a heavier flow! You're not taking any supplements during AF are you? Anyway, I hope you have a relaxing day after your busy Monday.

Ayrian, Sorry you're confused about the bbt. Maybe try having a warm bath to create the illusion of warm temps in the meantime? LOL

Becca, Holy smokes, that dinner party sounds rough. If you had known you would have a bad time, I'm sure you would have stayed away. It's hard to feel happy for other pregnant ladies while ttc. [I see the irony of me commenting on this, but I'm hoping you'll remember that I also tried, and you will also succeed] As for the name, unless it's super duper unique (like... Honour or Juniper?), you can still use the name you love since your babe will be completely different from the other one. May I ask what the name is? No worries if it's not something you want to share. xo

Laura, Grr! I'm sure those pregnant ladies mean well, but what thoughtless comments about 'just not thinking about it'! As if they just sat on the toilet and Woops! BFP! Lol. I hope Ov comes earlier this month due to the new cocktail. Sending good wishes your way.

Afm,

Thanks for all the cute bathing suit support!! Keep in mind it was my Mom who thought it was cute. Anyway, it's dark blue sports-type, so un-flashy. I feel like a wet seal when I do the breast stroke :)
In other news, the dh is gone for two weeks on a soccer trip to Mexico. I'm here by my lonesome with the pup, although I have plans for sleepovers at mom's and my friend's in the next while. It's COLD in the lil' house here without dh making the fire in the morning. Brr!
xo Bee

ps. I mentioned this on the last thread, but I thought I should reiterate: If any of you feel uncomfortable about me commenting here now that I'm pregs, please don't hesitate to message me and I can lay off. I won't take offense, since I remember how hard it could be to hear about pregnancy while we were trying. In the meantime, I'm here to support you :)

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo