Community post

Discussion

Thinking Positive Buddy Group

View Full Post

Hi ladies! A few of us who supported eachother in the tww leading up to Sept 5 wanted to continue the encouragement and support we felt at the end of Aug - beginning of Sept.

A few of us got a BFP (yay!) and a few of us are gearing up for POAS again (OPKs). Check in regularly so we can all celebrate the joys and support each other through the harder times.

Single Mom By Choice TTC Using Open ID Anonymous Donor Sperm User Image

343 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 343 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies! Baby dust to all of you who are Oing right now (or just O'd recently!) I myself got my smiley face this morning. I pee on an internet cheapie first and depending on the line, try out a digi. Yesterday I got negative on the digi's and was actually thinking I wouldn't use a digi today unless I absolutely thought the ic was a +. Well... the test line was coming up before the control line on my ic this morning so I quickly got out the digi and tested with the same urine sample... sure enough... I just wish I was ttc this month.

TC - no I wasn't on prog last month or any drugs whatsoever. My other single mom by choice friends are convinced I had a chemical because they've watched my cycles with me for over a year and they know how different it was compared to the others. My LP is usually 13 or 14 days (once even only 12) and this time AF started very lightly on the night of 16dpo. There were 2 tests that I thought I saw something but chalked it up to evap lines... but maybe they weren't? Who knows. Doesn't matter now anyway... just have to try again.

Dragonfly - make sure you check in before you fly away. Hope your internet is sorted quickly when you get to JP and you can join us all again soon! Safe travels!

'night everyone!

12 years ago • Post starter

ohh, everyone is ovulating! i'm still waiting. four negative OPKS in a row, but last month i think it was on day 16, so i'm still a couple days early. we'll probably start BDing every day for the next few days though just to be sure.

ordered some more green tea today (favourite tea shop closed but they have an online site - tealeaves.com - sooo good!)

good luck to everyone!

User Image

12 years ago

whoop, it just posted the same thing twice! can't seem to find a way to delete it, so i'll just change this one to say:

GOODDDD LUCCCK!

haha

User Image

12 years ago

So many nice buddies already, I'm trying to keep track of all your stories, but bear with me if it takes me a while ;-)

@ellekaye and others who have superlong cycles and are waiting for AF to come. From all my own "research" on the web, I found that often, when a woman did not ovulate in a cycle, it can take a long time for AF to arrive. Or, you may have just ovulated much, much later than you thought, as the LP us typically 16 days max.
What could help is Vitex (Agnus castus). It's an herb that is proven to regulate cycles and bring on ovulation and AF if your cycles are out of sync. I can highly recommend it. Get it at a health store. Other than that, there are also Fertilaid and Fertilitea, which contain vitex among other herbs improving cycles and conception.

I've taken vitex since I stopped nursing my son, simply for it's PMS and cycle regulation properties. I'm also taking EPO. Since spring, I've added B6, which I believe has helped to sync my cycle even more, as I've been o'ing like clockwork for the past four cycled or so. It also lengthened my LP, which was rather short.

With the fertility herb tea this cycle (well, funny thing is that it's labelled "Menopause Tea"), I really hope for my golden egg this cycle...

@dragonfly - You're moving to Germany in January? Where are you moving to?

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

torontochick - I'm actually moving to Okinawa, Japan in a week. We lived in Germany 2007-10 though! We liked it there very much.

Looks like I did ovulate on Sunday (CD9!!) so I guess I'm in the TWW. Quite crazy though, as I NEVER ovulate early, always rather late. One more weird thing after my miscarriage, I guess.

Baby dust for everyone!!

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

12 years ago

Dragonfly... See! I knew I was going to mix something up ;-) I checked again and saw that you WERE moving to Germany at the time... :)

Elizabeth... crossing my fingers for you and the eggo :)

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

Well ladies, I am pretty sure I O'd. I have mixed feelings about the OPK's. I had the box of 7 and 3 of them didn't show me any results for like 25 minutes and they were on my most fertile days too so that is a little frustrating. The results were very close to positive but technically not really positive. If you line my tests up there is a definite progression and I am thinking I probably just missed my surge. I also didn't know you should use them twice a day and its better to use them in the afternoon. I was doing it in the evening. I thought about calling First Response because I think that is pretty awful that like half the box was kind of faulty. Does it take anyone else that long for results to come up?

I think I O'd sometime between Sunday and Tuesday, I had definite SHOW cervix symptoms and increased CM like crazy. We have been BD'ing every other day and now I am in the TWW just not sure where at! lol

Currently my only symptoms are very mild twinges, nothing like last month. This is my first "real" cycle off the pill. In retrospect, i don't think I O'd last month at all, I think all of my symptoms were from hormones adjusting from stopping the pill.

So here is to crossing my fingers and praying!! I really want this!!

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

Hi Ladies

Well hubby is back today and i got the smiley face today on digital opk !!!!!

So plenty of Bd at the moment

12 years ago

Well girls! I think I got a BFP!

I'm only 8dpo and I used a dollar store test, but there was DEFINITELY a line. For the first time in my life, it appeared during the allotted 5 minutes and was an obvious line. It was light, but it was definitely there, without having to squint, hold it up to the light, or tear the test apart!

I'm totally in shock -- I can't believe it. I'm only 8 dpo, which seems really early to get a positive, so I plan on retesting in a few days with a more expensive test! Also, because it's so early, maybe it's just a chemical pregnancy... In the meantime, here's an image of my test. Vote and tell me what you think!

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test6253

12 years ago

Woo hoo! BigV!!!! That's totally a BFP! Congrats!!!

Mel- happy BDing!! Babydust to you!

AFM: It's official - my donor is sold out and no more will be released to Canada so I have to go back and find a new one. I'm bummed but at least now I know so I can move on and look forward to my October cycle.

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo