Community post

Discussion

Whos excied to start ttc for the 1st time!

View Full Post

My husband and i are coming up on our 1st wedding anniversary and our fourth year being together and this is going to be our first month ttc. We are VERY excited! I have a doc apt aug 15 for pre pregnancy checkup then the fun part will start :)

I just finished my last pack of bc pills and am hoping my cycles and ovulation will get back on track pronto! Before bc i usually had about a 26 day cycle. Heres hoping for a bfp by september! We wont be using any fertility aides yet. We decided to give it a few months just letting nature take its course.

We have always loved eachother and had a very healthy and happy relationship but its hard to explain how your heart feels when you decide your ready to make a new life with the person you love! My heart is so happy!

Who else is excited to start this journey? I want to hear other stories and follow and support eachother until we get our BFP's

145 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 145 Replies | Last Page

Welllll.... cycle day 1 again. Im thinking about bbt charting this round. How was ur weekend mcfarlane?

11 years ago • Post starter

Hello Ladies,

sorry for the lack of participation- I am finding this whole things very stressful. Am I the only one???

I decided that I woudl take one of the home ovulation predictor tests. All negatives... I am so upset. DOes this mean that I do not ovulate?

I have always had very normal periods and never really had any reporductive issues.

My husband cant understand why I am so upset adn thinks I am crazy. I am starting to feel crazy.

Does anyone know about these tests adn their validity adn reliability?

11 years ago

We had a GREAT relaxing weekend! I am on 7DPO, but I ovulated on CD 20... So my leuteal phase is around 8 days (really too short). I started taking Vit. B6 the day before I ovulated because I've read it has helped people with a short leuteal phase. We shall see!! I am expecting AF on Wednesday, but if it doesn't come then I'm not going to test until I am 14 DPO. I don't want to go through what happened last month!

Mrs. Sanders, let me know how the BBT charting works for you!

Love82, I have used the OPK strips for two months and I have learned that I don't get a positive until CD 18 or 19. What days of your cycle did your test and what time of day? I found that around 2 pm was the the best time for me. Some people test twice a day to make sure they "catch" the LH surge. If you test twice a day I would suggest 10am and 3pm. If you don't get a positive it doesn't mean you didn't ovulate, it might be that you didn't test at the right time to catch the LH surge. If you start temping you might be able to detect your ovulation better....

Baby dust to all and... (hunger games anyone?!) "May the odds be ever in your favor!"

11 years ago

Thanks for the advice!

I may have been using the OPK wrong- I looked at the instructions this morning and it says in bold "do not use your first morning urine" oops! I assumed that was the best choice!

I am going keep tracking, and making love to my husband, for the next week or so.

I have booked an appointment with my GP and may investigate the possibility of taking Clomid. I konw you are supposed to try for 6 months before an intervention, but if I am not ovulating, I am not sure what the point of waiting is. The side effects are minimal, so I cant really see any downfall. What do you think?

11 years ago

Love-i would have assumed to use fmu as well. How weird! And it never hurts to just talk to ur doctor and at least express ur concerns and see what he has to say!

So, a second one of my very best friends told me she was pregnant today! Turns out that I had been the one who gave her baby fever by talking about me wanting one! Im very very very happy for her but SOOOO jealous! I guess im only human :(

Sanders,

I know that feeling. Everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant super easily or even by 'mistake'. I sound like a whinny brat, but it doesnt seem fair that it is so easy for some people and so hard for others.

For me the hardest part is that I am sucessful in all the other areas of my life and i have full control over that. If I want to run a marathon, I just need to train harder, if I want to make more money, I work harder. I hate that there is nothing that I can do be more successful at baby making :(

11 years ago

Couldnt agree more Love! I knew it wouldnt happen the first month but as i am very much a 'planner' that would have made me ecstatic. I do feel whiney because i havent even been trying very long but it puts more doubts in my head when i know people who seem like they could sneeze and become pregnant :(

Ok now i feel better after venting :)
all in all i am VERY happy for my friends and cant wait to join them!

Im going to continue temping (and now through added motivation) im going to go by my first OPKs tomorrow. My cycle is a pretty regular 26 days....on what day do u think i should start using them?????

Oh and Mcfarlane.... i wish u a short and not too anxiety filled 6-7 more days!!!!! Good luck and baby dust to u! U may have a little bean implanted RIGHT NOW!

So, I just did my test today and guess what? Postive OPK!!!

If I were you Sanders, I woudl buy a whole bunch of the tests and start testing at day 8. The reason I say this is because I was thinking that I would have ovulated on day 14, but infact it is going to be day 17. Better safe than sorry.

I am visiting my husband till Friday morning, so hopefully our timing works out :)

11 years ago

Im getting excited for u mcfarlane! Hows the wait going? Any symptoms?

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo