Community post

Discussion

cycle buddies!!cycle started june 11th!l

View Full Post

Hi everyone ,
My cycle started 11th june and if this is the month for a BFP then i will be sharing my birthday with my baby! would be best present ever!
hope to hear your stories and share your cycles ups and downs together xxxx

73 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 73 Replies | Last Page

i really hope this is a good sign hun as the lines are so strong
i have had very odd dreams, i dreamt i was hugging and smothering a baby with kisses last night, was so vivid! xxxx

11 years ago • Post starter

Thanks everyone!
So did I read that right? Positive, strong lines on OPKs after ovulation for a few days are a good indicator? is this really true? Or is it just that the hormone takes a few days to leave our body after ovulation? Sorry to say, but I'm a little skeptical of everything, you know?

User Image Baby M v1.0, 4/20/2012

11 years ago

I googled having positive OPKs for several days - yes I know not the best way to get answers - and I found many different reasons for this to happen.

This was the most helpful thing I found:

4. What if my OPK is positive for several days in a row? It is possible, in a normal ovulation, to have a positive OPK for several days in a row. This is because LH peaks (surges) about 12-36 hours before ovulation occurs, and then dissipates. So, you could theoretically detect this high level of LH with positive OPK's from the time it begins to the time it dissipates-- over 36 hours.

It is also possible that your body is "gearing up" to ovulate, and you have an LH surge-- and then, for some reason (such as stress, illness, travel, or random fluke), your body fails to release an egg . . . then tries, tries again ASAP with another, or overlapping, surge. If you see a positive OPK for longer than 3 consecutive days, your egg is probably just having a little trouble getting out of the starting gate. If this happens to you occasionally, it's no big deal. If it happens a lot, talk to your doctor. (I just play one on the Internet :p)

5. Should I keep testing once I get a positive OPK? Nah. Once you get a positive you will probably ovulate within the next 12-36 hours. You should be able to confirm this with a temperature rise and/or dry up of cervical mucus (remember, even when you're charting your temps/mucus as accurately as possible, it's still only accurate within +/- 3 days . . . so if you get a positive OPK, and ovulate 36 hours later, and have a thermal shift/mucus dry-up 3 days after that, you may have a discrepancy of 4.5 days between the positive OPK and NFP signs! That's the outside time range, you'll probably see the temp shift/mucus dry-up sooner than that . . . but just letting you know it's possible!)

If you don't see corroborating signs of ovulation within a few days of your positive OPK, you may wish to test again and see if the OPK is still positive. This may mean your body just got "delayed" and is still trying to ovulate. If you are consistently seeing positive OPK's without other signs that ovulation has occurred, you should talk to your dr.

from www.peeonastick.com

Now I also found forums that said it was a good sign for a BFP, not sure how though. I also dont want to think I am not ovulating but still getting a period which is actually possible. I'm going to say its just detecting the entire surge for the 36 hours! For me I wanted to be a sure as possible so I know when to BD, which I didn't tonight b/c we were tired and both sick. But I have BDed on CD 8, 12, 14, and 15. This is the most we have actually done it around possible O, so I am very hopeful.

11 years ago

wow thanks for all the info hun its good to cover all the causes and reason why ovulation stays positive for a couple of days , my lines are still very strong today. xxxx

11 years ago • Post starter

I tested early this am, and it was finally not as dark

11 years ago

How is everyone doing?

I am still having positive OPKs and googling my brains out. I am most worried that DH and I might miss our window to BD. We didn't last night b/c we were sick and tonight we just couldn't get it done.

Hoping we haven't missed the window and hoping I did ovulate!!!!!!!

11 years ago

Thanks for all of the info!!

My tests lines on the OPK are getting lighter (still darker than when I first started testing days before O, but lighter each day). I'm pretty sure I Od on Monday, as I was getting cramps/pressure off and on for a better part of the day.

Heading home from my work trip today. DF has already informed me that we'll BD again tonight because he's missed me LOL! Not sure it will count, but fun, nonetheless, right?

to ALL!

Jen

11 years ago

I feel left out that I don't have opks. :/
I keep getting this sharp pain on the right side of my uterus or whatever it's is lol.
I'm still breaking out and drained everyday. Flatulence and decreased appetite has been added to that list! It's still early though.

How's everyone else doing? :)

11 years ago

I think I am so confused I am going to stop testing and just wait for AF! Maybe she won't come, l lets hope.

11 years ago

Yep. Best to wait for AF or a few days before.
It will drive me crazy, but that's the mode I'm in now. I just had some extra OPKz that I needed to use before they expired, so I figured "what the heck".

Ruqsar - why don't you have OPKs? Are you in another country? And btw, Im having gas and indigestion today, too. YUCK!!

;-)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo