Community post

Discussion

starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! part 3

View Full Post

Welcome to all the ladies out there who have been riding the ttc roller coaster and have decided to give Clomid a try! We are a super group of ladies so feel free to share your every thought:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

288 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Vm1980 congratulations! I want all your hints and tips!
I've had a read up on the temping thing, not sure if its for me, if u get up at all through the night it could affect your reading the next day and I get up every night lol.
Not too many side affects with my 1st round, a few hot spells seems to be the worst I've had. I jst really hope I can follow in vm1980's footsteps and get my positive on 1st round!

12 years ago

Swimmom thanks for looking into that. I've been looking around, and the only things I've been able to find say that ovulation happens very soon after a surge. But depending on when you test, you could detect the surge before or even after ovulation occurs. So it doesn't look like there's a clear answer. I'm just counting tomorrow as O day. It sounds safe. Also, my doc said that ovulation should occur 5-9 days after the last pill. But I don't know if 5 days is most common for people.

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

12 years ago

The increase in LH is what tells your body to release the egg from the follicle, so your surge will precede ovulation by 24-48 hours usually. The egg itself will be viable for 6-24 hours after its release. The 2-3 days following your surge will be your highest fertility days. Most women count the day after the surge as 1dpo, but it should actually be the second day after your surge.

A surge can also last a couple of days sometimes, so it's best to go by the first positive test so as not to confuse yourself.

I usually ovulate 6 or 7 days after my last pill.

Good luck to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

Thank you all so much for your information....its very helpful and encouraging...I don't know what I would do without you all right now, I really have no one to obsess with for those of you that opk, how many times a day do you test as to not miss the surge? And does the temp always match?

User Image

12 years ago

lels21 Thank you! The only thing I did different this round, aside from the clomid of course, was Preseed, although I didn't use it every single time. Once I got a positive OPK, we also BD'd every single day for about 5 days. I also temp but I have been temping for almost a year...I highly recommend it because it makes pinpointing ovulation so much easier. Best of luck and baby dust to everyone!!!

Val

12 years ago

Vm1980 - I am so excited for you! I hope I have the same kind of success with my first round of clomid!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

12 years ago

Congrats VM!! Yeah!!!!!! It's so odd to think that one day none of us will be on here anymore and this will all be a memory. Kind of sad, just in the sense that we will not talk with eachother everyday, bitter sweet I suppose.

Hoping4babysoon--soooo sorry for the mix up!! Just read your message now, glad you found it! I have not given up on temping and think i may have gotten the hang of it. I just wasn't really aware of just how much your temps shift minute to minute. If I don't temp at the EXACT same time everyday my temps are insane. I find if I'm off by even 10 minutes it shift too much. I;m only temping now because my doctor said that OPK's just tell you when you "should" ovulate but not if you actually have. So basically, you can have a surge but not release an egg. Hopefully I get better at this lol.

As for the softcups- I had the same problem! It's a little tricky. Heres what I do. I insert it just how it shows in the instructions and then once it's in, I give er' a wipe down there just to get all the....left overs, for lack of better words. That way I know for sure if its in properly. Its hard to tell if what is found on you underwear are the goods leaking out or the stuff that is hanging out on the opening of you V, if you get what I mean. Sorry if this is TMI, i'm super hard to gross out so I hope nobody thinks its too much lol. There is a good chance that you have inserted it correctly simply because it just sort of molds itself right in there and doesn't give you much choice lol. I sure hope that helps you a bit:)

AFM- Just waiting to O and have zero clue when. I found this to me strange so chyme in if you've experienced the same thing. I've sort of tried out different days: in the past I've taken Clomid 5-9, 4-8 and now 3-7. And despite how I switch it up I can't seem to ovulate any sooner than cd 18 which is strange no? I ovulated the same time with 3-7 and I did with 5-9. Odd, I think anyway.

and for the ladies experiencing headaches, I found I had to cut our caffiene completely. Apparently, Clomid does funny things with caffiene. So if they get really bad just try dropping the coffee, soda and chocolate for a while.

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

12 years ago • Post starter

Hey ladies! I am so sad right now.... I know i said i was going to hold out on testing but of course i couldnt. I took a dollar tree test and it was a bfn!!! Im 12 dpo so i know if i was preggo it would show by now so im out. Af is due on Monday so im going to jus prepare to get her because one thing for sure she never lets me down, shes here every month right on time. Well as i said before my dr doesnt think its a good idea to give me anymore clomid so i guess this is it ladies... I cant believe this! Ive heard so much good results from clomid and of course it would be me and my lack of good luck to he one of the clomid failures.... I jus wanna roll up in a ball and cry..... I just dont know what to do from here because i been trying so hard and everything i do is a failure... :(

User Image

12 years ago

Hoping4babysoon, hang in there. Don't give up hope just yet. Even if AF shows this cycle, you may still have success. I know two women who are on CMP right now, one due any day and one due this summer. Both conceived on their first "break from clomid" cycle. It actually stays in your system for up to three months after you stop taking it. If ovulating on your own was the issue, it very well may help to keep you O'ing.

How many clomid cycles have you done? Has your DH had a semen analysis done? Have you had any other testing?

As for the opk's, try to do them at the same time every day and chose an afternoon time after a 4 hour urine hold. LH is most concentrated later in the day. If you can afford to test twice a day, go for it, but I'd still suggest doing both of them after 11am and before 8pm.

AFM, I'm happy to say AF finally came back!!! Onto my HSG and then after my next AF it's back to clomid IUI's!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

Lisserb- Thanks for the pick me up..it really helped a little. Im on my third round of clomid and i jad no other testing done so far. My dh hasnt had a semen analysis either but he did have a sperm count and it came back normal but i know a sa will go into more detail. So there has to be a problem somewhere and i guess the next step from here would be to find it. Im just so tired of this ttc bull and trying so hard to just have a broken heart over and over again.... Well i guess i still have 2 days to hold onto a spot of hope until af shows..lol... Thanks again lisserb and i wish u the best of luck on ur ttc journey because u truely deserve it. U r a very strong woman...

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo