Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

351 - 360 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Thanks luckykap! The bottom is just an old opk I had lying to use as a reference for where the line should be. I can't tell if it's a faint line or just me hoping for a faint line! lol
I think I will test again tonight before we go out, just to see. It feels a little foolish to be hopeful after almost 3 years of negatives, but who knows maybe the synthroid made a difference! I'll keep you all posted. :)

7 years ago

Oh twwtoolong I see what you're seeing, but it takes a LOT of straining to see it! I really hope thats what it is though and that it sticks and gets darker and isn't just a faulty test or evap line! Test again and let us know!

7 years ago • Post starter

The clinic just called back with my calendar, and its a little sad because even though *technically* everything is happening in January, its going to be a February transfer. GRRR

I go Dec 6 for the consultation and lab work, then not again until January 19. Then I go every other day until the 30th of January when they said would most likely be the egg retrieval procedure. Then they would do the transfer the week of Feb 6-10th.

So we're offically rolling on this! One thing she said they offered in the package we got was a psychiatric consultation with hubs and me which I thought was pretty neat, just to make sure we're mentally ready for it. We passed on it, but still nice of them to offer!

babybump- why are they starting you so late? where I go they go with your cycle. I'm barely hanging on until January, lol, I am a very impatient person. We to can go to a counselor and I passed, but if I get another bfn I really and truly may go, because I don't know that I would be able to handle it. Anyway, I'm glad you finally have your calendar and can get things rolling. This will be exciting and hopefully we all get our BFPs very very soon :-)

Twwtoolong- Did you take another test? Hopefully the line is darker and you have to hold on the wine tonight?

7 years ago

Hey ladies!
Baby bump- it must be awesome to have a plan.
luckykap- you have been through so much already-hopefully there will be no need for a counsellor and you get your bfp in Jan!

I did test again, but only with a 2 hour hold- it looks the same as this mornings- a total squinter- though the one from this am looks more pronounced now, so perhaps it was just an evap line to begin with (I didn't bother to get an FRER- so it was still just a cheapie that I used tonight). I am just gonna hold off on he wine and maybe test again in the am or on Sunday (when AF is actually due).

The last couple days are the worst days of the tww for me- so impatient! Lol

7 years ago

I was pretty sad at first wondering why it was pushed off until February basically (Feb 20 is when they said we would do the HPT to see if I'm pregnant, which is 2 months fter I wanted to) but thinking about it, my cycle started the 16th now, so going off that it would be around December 16 for the new one which means all those medicine visits would be falling on Christmas, Christmas eve, and then the egg retrieval on New years eve....which I dont think theyre open for all of that time, so they wouldnt be able to monitor me. So I'm guessing they have to wait for the completely next cycle, which would be mid January.

Sucks. But they said its very likely to happen!

Yeah, mine is like that except I'm going to start the bcp in dec when I start which will probably be around the 13th and I do them for 21 days then begin meds probably early January so we are pretty close :-) it's exciting to know you have a plan and things are underway :-) the Lord is definitely teaching me patience this year lol

Tww I really hope you get that BFP :-) keep us posted!

7 years ago

They will probably tell me when to stop the pills for those 4 days to get AF and start over again. Its not like BCP are hurting anything taking them, but she did keep stressing to keep taking them. If it happens this first try the due date would be hubs birthday, so surely that has to be a sign! I'm so glad we'll be so close in everything!!

twwtoolong im so sorry, you posted at the same time as me and I just saw your comment! Post a picture of the new test!!

Baby bump- that would be an awesome bday present:-) I've definitely read success stories on IVF #1 working so praying yours is a success as well :-)

7 years ago

Awww! Baby bump - that timing is perfect! I am so hoping you'll get a positive on your first round!

I tested again this morning and I don't think I see anything on today's - I posted a pic with both yesterday's and today's ( and an opk for reference)-http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test612192. Tell me what you think- I am starting to think anything I saw yesterday was evap and I might be out. We'll see AF would normally show up by tomm morning. Sigh*

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo