Community post

Discussion

Looking for cycle buddy...AF is due anyday now

View Full Post

This will be month #2 of TTC and I'm very confident that this is the month for my DH and I to conceive. Would anyone like to be my cycle buddy so we can help encourage each other and share our stories with one another....?

104 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 104 Replies | Last Page

I am going to try to BD those days also; I had a more serious discussion this month with my hubby. He was actually disapointed and upset when we weren't preg. so I took that opportunity and told him if it is what he wants then he has to help me out some more; meaning he has to step up his part and take it more seriously. So we are going to try to BD more this time and for sure no matter what. It is hard when you are tired or not feeling up to it at the time; but if it is something you want then you have to right? This time I told him about everything and exlained everything I have gone trough and do to encourage our getting a positive. I guess with you and yor hubby everthing is an open book with your dr. appointments ect.? I have to say at least talking to him about it helps it not be as stressful for me.....

13 years ago

Hey cjpalaska today is our first fertile day...YAYY!!! I'm so excited. So what are you plans, I read that you will be using Robitussin...are BDing this weekend at all.

13 years ago • Post starter

Yes, thank goodness it is finally here again..... the worst I think is the two week wait though after.. hugh.. but I am planning on either tonight or tommorrow for BD and then on Mon. and Tues. (maybe Wed.) for me depending on the opk test. I am testing starting tommorrow morning and then everyday until I get a positive. I will for sure BD that day but I plan to also like I said Sat., Mon., Tues. I probably with O Tues. or Wed. but I will have to test to be sure. At least with you you know when for sure you O right? Well, here's to us and good luck!! Even if everything is done right though I have read most people still have only about a 20% chance of conception each time: hopefully this is our time this time!!! I need to relax some; I had a stressful week this week at work so this weekend is relax and have fun:) I hope it is the same for you...

13 years ago

@ cjpalaska so i just found out that for the new year my meds are not covered for some odd reason(blank stare). The med that i need for Monday is the one that makes me O early, without it I'm not sure exactly when i will O. but i refuse to pay $123 for a med that is no guarantee and i definitely would not do this each month. so I told the nurse i would skip the med, but i still wanted the sonogram so i could at least ensure i have O'd and she said its really no point b/c w/o the med they can't ensure exactly when i will O. So, that totally changed my spirit and attitude. My DH keeps reassuring me that we don't need the meds, so i will just go ahead and just BD 15th or 16th and 18th and 19th. But after this month I'm done with this whole thing..I feel so discouraged now. With my DH's ED are chances of every conceiving are slim to none so if this isn't the month for us, I will start researching adoption agencies...I hate to be so pessimistic be I have to face the truth and be honest with myself. I haven't even discussed this go ahead plan with my DH, so its still in the air for now.But it has been great having you as my cycle buddy this month, I just need to think positive and let nature take its course.I may change my mind and whole attitude about this TTC process after I've had time to rationalize all of this. Baby dust to us both!

I am so sorry for your struggles and heartache with all of these difficulties:( I know life throws us unexpected curve balls and it is very discouraging!! Hang in there! I believe that these are meant to test our character and although we may feel frustrated and be discouraged and sad; that is meant to teach us something we will need in the future. You should at least try the Opk test for a week that way you know if you O or not for sure.... it makes me feel a little more in control and at ease. They are only about 10 dollars or so. Just keep your options open and do what you can and know that is all you can do and control. the rest is out of your hands. Keep your faith up and I know you will get through this either way! I will keep you in my thoughts this weekend:)

13 years ago

aww...this was so sweet and encouraging and just what i needed to hear. I had to do some self-reflecting and I made an atittude adjustment. Now, I have a bright outlook on the situation again. I had to put my faith back in the lord and not the doctors, meds and technology, I got so caught up in all that I almost forget that God is the ultimate decision maker. And if its my time no one can stop that not even some meds. so i will go to the dollar store and buy some opks. Thanks cycle buddy!! Yayy...baby dust to us again!

I have to remind myself of these things as well; it is easy to get distracted and want to do everything we can to get and do what we want when we want it; but it may not be the best for us; only God knows that and sometimes we have to be patient and wait for his plan to unfold- it is hard sometimes for me though I like to take charge and just get done what I want... stubborn I believe it is called:)

13 years ago

Any luck yet with opk testing? No positives for me yet... but it shouldn't be until maybe tommorrow or Tues. But we did BD last night and we are going to again on Mon. and Tues. just to make sure.... it is cold for us here; only 10 degrees so we are pretty much staying inside today and just hanging out... I hope your weekend is going good!

13 years ago

I didn't get a chance to buy OPKs so we are just winging it. We are going to BD tonight and the next 3 nights. And if its meant to be it will happen. The weather is in the 50s here, but we are staying in and having movie nights too. I'm so looking forward to this BDing...yayy!Good luck...baby dust. Baby cheers to us!!!

Let me know when you get your positive OPK reading? I can try to base my fertile days off of yours.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo