Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

@Melc: hat would be a great idea to keep biology and I would be ok with it but...he has no brothers.

Stillfuntryin: the home test is the way to go then because it will be a little clue into whether or it it's just a timing issue or if you need to see a doc. It made my DH realize that we were having a prob and it wasn't just me so he needed to start being proactive too. So he's been trying a vitamin regiment I put him on. With men it just takes a little longer to come around to the idea of seeing a doc for help. We think nothing of getting poked and proded because we want a baby so badly. I know it's hard to not think of all of the possibilities of what might lie in the future for us in order to get pregnant but try to just take things one day at a time. I do a lot of research about all of these problems and the treatments and I honestly think it might be what is causing my cycles to be so crazy at the sec....just the stress. I need to try to not think about it until the 29th when we see the urologist. Easier said an done!

You ladies have helped keep me going during some very sad times...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

11 years ago

Hi Girls!

I have my baseline appt today for IVF. And I've successfully given myself the shot twice so far! (yay)..

@Melc - I really hope this is the cycle for you. My fingers are crossed!! We are using California Cryobank. We actually had to change donor bc the donor we were using before retired. Luckily we are ttc#1 so we sold what we had left and are starting fresh with a new donor with this IVF cycle. To be honest, i'm still surprised that i'm at this stage. I would have thought, with me (and my eggs) being so young, and the donor's vials count being high, that the IUI would of worked... :(

@SugarBear - I think once your DH gets his prognosis, he will have answers to reflect on. If it comes back as you suspected, my advise is be silently supportive. I remember when my DH found out; we just laid together, and i let him cry. it was devastating. I say silently, bc i wouldn't offer him any alternative solutions while the wound is fresh. I know the reality of using donor is still upsetting to my DH, it still bothers him. It took him years to accept that this was our best option to have a family, But it also took him years bc, in our situation, we were young when we first found out. I must of only been 22 and he was 28. What set the spark, was his younger brother having a baby. Once his brother had his baby last winter, He's been wanting a baby of his own. Kinda funny how that worked out. He was completely content until someone close to him had a baby. Maybe being involved in someone else's pregnancy close to him might help? I know how hard this step is, i can only imagine how hard it is to find out when you are ready to TTC. I wish you all the best, and I am here for support.

@Sillfuntrying - I agree, lets get the test done first. Try not to freak out just yet. I have a friend, that used to work in a fertility clinic, and she would tell me how she still finds it amazing how anyone gets pregnant. The timing and "window" we have for the actual fertilization to happen, then stick... it's a miracle... my point is that timing is everything, and for some it trickier then others. He may have a high sperm count, but low mobility... meaning they just don't like to swim. I recommend going to the doctors, you never know. This web-sight has a lot of info about before and after O, i wish you lots of luck!!

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Yes i also find it hard to believe how people can accidently become pregnant! How its so frickin hard when your trying, Some people must just be lucky i spose.
Its starting to become reality to my partner that we may have a problem and we need to take more steps than just baby dancing on the right days to conceive, he has a close friend that is about to have a baby and she is encouraging him to get checked which is helping me alot cause then i just dont look like a sycho getting caught up in TTC, We still havent told our family of our troubles, his mum and dad are visiting right now and because we like 8 hrs from out closest town you have to plan ahead alot and i said i was going to the doc's when i got to town and the first thing she said was "are you pregnant?" i said NO and she said how do you know i said cause i had my period last week, im actually 3dpo today but hopfully i threw her of the scent, IM getting more blood work done, To check my blood type to see if im RH0- I think that is the one that kills off the fetus if you dont get a needle for it, My mum knows about whats going on and my best friend but thats all, my best friend is due in 3 weeks, i dont get to see her cause of my isliation but im so excited for her, it's her first.

Good luck with everything girls!!!!!!!!!!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: thats good that he has a friend pushing him in the right direction. I know my Dh would always get annoyed with me about the baby stuff too. I know if he didn't have his friends to help support and guide him we probably wouldn't be where we are now. Was it your doctor that pushed for you to have your blood type checked? I don't believe mine ever did that. Good luck!

Jmcandrew: what made you stop at one injectable cycle? I'm on my first combo round I'm doing clomid 100mg and bravelle 75IU as of yesterday I had 11 follies but I didn't get sizes. Doctor thinks I will be doing my Insems beginning of next week. I'm so worried I'm going to have too many and have to cancel the cycle. I have my next u/s on Friday. It is very difficult when it doesn't work. Every cycle I think the same thing. I'm young, supposedly everything works well, sperm counts are good, timing right what is the problem? Sometimes it makes me think maybe I'm just not meant to carry a child. Maybe I'm going the wrong direction. But adoption is costly and this is what we can manage now. I've def. decided any other children we decide to have will be adopted I can't go through this again. It's too much! Good luck with your IVF please keep us posted!

Sugarbearttc: well it could be a different family member I know some of used their father in law or husbands cousins. Lol! My father in law has offered. We actually were considering it for a while still might if the next two cycles don't pan out with our current donor. But try not to stress. I hope things go well with the urologist!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Hi Girls,

Its funny that your talking about using a family member's help. My DH has a brother, I use to tease him about asking his brother. But now that they have a kid, and know that they would be half-siblings would be kinda awkward for me. Plus I'm still standing the ground that I don't want anyone else to know. I actually don't get along with my DH sister InLaw. So that dynamic wouldn't work for us.

MelC. - We only stopped bc my RE suggested IVF. But since my orignal post, I have found out that my insurance denied our IVF request, on the pretense that we have to complete 2 more IUI's before it will be covered. We are actually switching our plan to IUI for this cycle. Just in time to - I started my shots today (CD3). I will keep you in my thoughts next week. Keep me posted on your IUI.

I responded well to clomid (except for the mood swings). I too had many follicles, but the sizes do matter. You can have 11 total, but maybe only 2 of them are matured size. I think they have to be over 18mm to qualify. I once had 3 very mature follicles and they still did IUI. So you never know.

I feel like we were given this difficult path bc we are strong women. I'm not at all religious, but I do believe in fait, and that things happen for a reason. And that the past 5 IUI's just were not our time. I'm trying so hard to be positive - bc feeling defeated is so dam easy right now. I'm glad to hear you have an open mind on adoption. I don't even want to go there unless it's my only option. I don't know how my DH was able to accept not being able to father a child. Cause If i can get pregnant, i'm going to have an extremely hard time with that.

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Melc2808- it was my mum that pushed for it because she had that blood type and had to have the injections for both me and my sis, then i will at least know what type i am if somthing happens to me too!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: well it's def. good to have the heads up.

Jmcandrew: insurance companies are horrible but it's great that you have IVF coverage at some point. Ourinsurance doesn't cover any thing to do with infertility. Our old insurance covered three IUIs but of course we weren't ready to start yet when we had that coverage lol! I agree with you as far as us having to be strong women. I believe you only get what you can handle and although it's hard at times and sometimes we think we can't go on this is the stack we were dealt and we continue to push on and it will all be worth it in the end. We will all appreciate it all more as well I think. I'm sorry your first IUIs didn't work keep positive it will happen, for some of us it just seems to take longer. Honestly I think I'm so open about adoption because I have two adopted siblings. So I've seen how I can bond with an adopted child the same as my full sibling and half siblings. My family is a very mixed bag lol! I don't know I guess also its easier because I never saw myself as the pregnant type. I still have a hard time picturing myself pregnant. I sometimes think its cute and other times I think how awful it would be to go nine months without drinking and stretch marks and let's not get started on the delivery part lol! (I'm sure some of that is brought on by the fact that I'm a little jealous of my hubby too as he technically is the problem and yet I'm the one having to give myself injections and watch what I eat and drink and he will get to use our new hot tub and I won't lol!) but Mostly I'm just ready to be a mom and however my baby gets here they will be loved 100% and I'm just ready for that journey to start and sometimes I feel I'm prolonging the process of getting there.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Melc2808 it must be hard but at least yor determined I have been using internet cheapies for the past few days and swear i see a line, so i decided to bring out the big guns and use a frer in the same cup sample that i did my internet cheapie from , sat down and watched it as it ran through the control window and BAM a line shows up immeditley, my heart skiped a beat and i was so excited, then i ran to call my BFF and it wasnt so dark but i could still see it and i pretty much watched it fade before my eyes, i can still see a really really faint line you have to study it but its there, what do you guy think BFP or BFN
it's killing me, i still think i see faintish lines in the cheap ones i will do a fmu in to morning, im on 6dpo so it isnt probably even possable unless i ovulated early and this cycle i had trouble tracking when i O"d, i hope i get a BFP but i know i wont, i told BF about it and he doesnt belive me so i wil wait and see i guess

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: they say any line is a positive line. Although I am worried that your only 6dpo. Hopefully your right and you O'd early. I really hope that it is positive for you! Please keep us updated! Did you post a picture by any chance of your test results?

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin....I'm so excited....any second line is a positive test! Ditto on the feelings about O being early. Almost impossible for a positive test at 6 DPO unless you O'd early....or you're having multiples because that causes the HCG to be higher in your system. At 6 DPO implantation is unlikely to even have happened so your body wouldn't be producing any HCG yet...but both Internet tests and a FRER showing a second line....that is a very happy positive in my opinion. I'm so darn excited for you. keep us informed on your testing and if the lines are getting darker.

You ladies have helped keep me going during some very sad times...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo