Community post

Discussion

Thinking Positive Buddy Group

View Full Post

Hi ladies! A few of us who supported eachother in the tww leading up to Sept 5 wanted to continue the encouragement and support we felt at the end of Aug - beginning of Sept.

A few of us got a BFP (yay!) and a few of us are gearing up for POAS again (OPKs). Check in regularly so we can all celebrate the joys and support each other through the harder times.

Single Mom By Choice TTC Using Open ID Anonymous Donor Sperm User Image

343 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 343 Replies | Last Page

So I bought my OPK's and they aren't digital they are the two lines...I'm not that stressed about it though, I figure I will at least know more than I did last cycle! lol

can I just say I am dying to use one lol Going to start Sunday, i will keep you ladies posted!! If I have a hard time reading them i will probably post and ask you ladies for opinions!! ha ha

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

I had a difficult interpreting or maybe trusting my results to opks. this was the first month i tried them also, and my suggestion is to keep them (if you can) because you may want to line them up to compare the days when your eyes start playing tricks on you. mine certainly did.

12 years ago

Just relax and BD while you're testing with the OPK's. Use it as an extra tool. You should see the second line getting darker and darker every day but don't assume that you're not ovulating if you don't see it get darker than the control line.... mine never ever gets darker than the control line but yet I definitely ovulate. But like shojoji said, if you line them up next to one another you can compare and see the differences. Even if it's "almost" as dark as the control line, it may be your time!

Single Mom By Choice TTC Using Open ID Anonymous Donor Sperm User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi everyone! We're in Michigan now (we lived in Kentucky) waiting to fly to Okinawa in about two weeks. I'm trying not to get online too much because I'm not going to see my family for three whole years! But I wanted to stop in and say hello, and vent a bit...

My period usually lasts 3-4 days. This cycle? I started spotting last Thursday, a regular flow on Saturday, and it's still going strong. This is ridiculous! I wonder if it's my body trying to adjust after my miscarriage (July 22). My cycle was 50 days! I'm so stressed out about the move and wanting a baby and saying goodbye...and on top of that I have annoying hormones and cramps and...just...ugh.

Sorry. It's been a rough week.

I'm waiting for my OPKs to get here, they should come Monday. It'll be my first time using them. Last cycle I didn't ovulate until CD 30, but since I'm going to have 50 of them, and my cycles are so irregular, I'm still going to start using them on CD 10 (or so, depending on when they get here). I just want to feel like I'm DOING something.

Okay, it's late, off to bed. Just wanted to let you all know I'm thinking of you! :)

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

12 years ago

Hello again, gals!

Dragonfly -- Did your OPKs arrive today as expected? I certainly hope they did, so that you can start testing. I've never used OPKs, but they seem like they would be fun... You get to pee on a stick everyday! What fun! ;-)

Graysam -- did you start using your OPKs? You must be getting close to the big O day.

As for my little update: I'm officially in my TWW again. I'm 5 DPO, and I'm really on the fence about how I feel this month about getting pregnant at all. Maybe I'm just overly emotional today, but I find myself terrified about the mere possibility of being pregnant. Of course, I would be overjoyed to be pregnant-- after all, I've been waiting for what seems like my entire life to be a mother. On the other hand, I JUST got hired (totally out of the blue, 6 weeks after I submitted an application) as a teacher at a small private school. Now that I'm working and have officially begun my career, I'm nervous about the possibility of getting pregnant so soon.

*Sigh* I feel crazy, especially since I fully realize that it's silly to be thinking of these things. What's done is done, right? ;-) I just have to wait it out and see what happens. This might be a long TWW!

12 years ago

I have started using them and i do think i am getting close! Today's was much darker than the last few days!!! I will keep you posted!

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

My OPKs have not come yet, and I think they will be useless. I'm CD 11, and I think I ovulated CD 9!!! I'll find out tomorrow. This is so odd, I always ovulate LATE, never early! I'm guessing I'll have next cycle to use the OPKs, as I think I ovulated only one day after my bleeding stopped, so we only BD once, on that day. I guess we'll see!

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

12 years ago

Ladies, I think i have a positive OPK!!! There are two lines, both same thickness. The test line is still ever so slightly lighter than the control line but seriously tomorrow will be my surge, I am sure of it. So I am BD yesterday, today, tomorrow and the next day! I will post pic tomorrow assuming I get my super dark line!!

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

Hi Ladies

Some of you I have spoken to before some of you i haven't !!!

Well here we are again

OV for me is iminenet

I am CD 14 and last month i ov'd on cd16, actually hoping i don't ov until at least cd 16 as hubbie is away on business until Thursday afternoon !!!!!!

Testing with OPK so hoping not to get that smiley face just yet !!!

Would be lovely for it to happen this month as on my ovulation calculater it says that if we conceive this time around our predicted birth date would be the 13th June our wedding anniversary !!

Anyways nice to be back again, sorry havent been on for a while

Mel xx

12 years ago

Oh, wow, thanks so much Jenny for setting this up!

It took me a little while to find the group, as I had not been checking the forums leading up to O. Now I have o'd and I am in the dreaded TWW again and would be so happy to share them with my TTC buddies :-)

This is our 4th cycle TTC. We went to see an RE on CD3 and did our fertility testing homework. My bloodwork came back excellent for 42, but DBF's SA wasn't that good.

We went back today to "discuss options". Of course, she pulled the IVF/ICSI card, considering his sperm quality and my age. But of course, there is the money issue. We had both discussed our options before and thought that we should try IUI first - we will see.

In the meantime, we are really, really hoping that we won't be needing all this and that his swimmers hit the egg this cycle... and that the egg that popped was a good one... So, this time, it's not only about BFN or BFP - it's really about "where do we go from here".

Jenny, I was rooting for you, was so sure you had a BFP. Sucks that it was a BFN afterall :( I was wondering, were you on progesterone? This would keep your temps up and bring on AF after you stop it.

Elizabeth, I've been drinking green tea, too. And lots of other herbs that are said to improve chances of conceiving, such as red raspberry, lady's mantle, red clover, yarrow... I started around CD4 or 5 or so and what I noticed was that my temps were a little different pre-O, but I had much more EWCM than before. So I am hoping that this was helping the swimmers.

Today, at the RE's office, she did a vag U/S and confirmed that I ovulated. The uterus lining was perfect, too. Now all we can do is pray that this might be our lucky cycle and we won't need to spend a fortune on AI.

Sending lots of baby dust and looking forward to sharing our journey.

torontochick

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo