Community post

Discussion

Who wants to get Sept BFP's!! After trying for a few months.

View Full Post

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to muster up any confidence I have left at this point and feeling very discouraged do to our situation. In comparison to some ladies I know I am not as bad but still feeling down from last month and the prior 6 months total as well. Me and my husband have been trying since beg March this year and we are both healthy and young enough to start a family but no luck yet. I have connected with some ladies and it seems everyone of them has gotten a BFP on their first try or so and I would like to hear from those of you who are in my position where you are still trying and its just taking longer. I am looking for some support and stories about your journey so far and what you think of timing and any other methods you have been following. I'm interested to hear your thoughts now that we've all been at it for a while. What do you beleive in and what are you not going to try anymore?

For us, we tried for about 2 months the normal way just with me taking prenatals and not really understanding the timing of the O day and OPK's or anything like that. After that I researched about those things and figured out what timing was better than others and started using OPK's just to pin point my days, however, I have always been on a solid schedule of 26 day cycles and I know when AF comes each month so I'm not sure how much that has really helped me honestly. I also logged my BBT for a month and it felt more stressful than I think it should and it didn't help me really so I stopped that too. Now that we have passed the 6 month mark, I am scheduled to go to the fertility doctor and see what they can tell me or test for incase there is a bigger problem going on. I feel we have timed everything right for at least 3 or 4 months now and nothing ever changes. I even had my DH do a home test that came out positive for being at least at a normal sperm count.

So, what are your thoughts? What's your story? How long have you been TTC and what are going to do from this point on different?

I can't wait to hear from you! I need to know I'm not alone in this!

Married 7/17/11 In our late 20's TTC as of 3/1/2012 Never been pregnant User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

311 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 311 Replies | Last Page

Welcome BGGirl! :)

It's funny that we are on the same cycle time as well. Today I am actually 14 DPO now and AF has not shown up yet. Ususally if it doesn't happen the night of the day I should get it it def happens the morning after and it hasn't even started to make an apperance. Last time I tested was Sunday evening but I still got BFN. I guess it is possible to not have enough hcg built up but I would think its less likely that i could be preg anyway.

I went to the OB yesterday and discussed our situation with her and she gave me the number for the fertility clinic to start some basic testing for issues that may be happening but no call back yet I had to leave a message so we will see how that goes. I def don't feel any different today although my boobs still hurt alot that's it.

How possible or common do you think it is to not have enough hcg in your system before you are due for your period at 12 DPO? Unless I didn't calculate my O day correctly it just doesn't make sense but who knows.

Thoughts?

How's everyone else feeling today?

Married 7/17/11 In our late 20's TTC as of 3/1/2012 Never been pregnant User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

11 years ago • Post starter

feeling fine up to now, 3rd dose of clomid tonight. I haven't had any side effects as yet . I wish I knew if it was working lol

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

Those were my questions exactly when I kept getting BFN's but unfortunately my premonition yesterday was right- AF showed up this afternoon on CD 31. :( So here's to a Sept BFP!! This is going to be tricky though because DH will be gone 4 days racing exactly before and after when I usually have O day. :(
Keeping my fingers crossed for you though that maybe you still will have a BFP and not AF!!

11 years ago

Okay well- I thought AF showed up on Tuesday because I had some light blood mixed with the CM but nothing later that night and then yesterday afternoon I had a little more mixed in again with the CM but it was back to clearish last night and this morning. Who knows?? I am 1-2 days late but still feel like AF will show up. Just in time for my high school reunion. *Sigh*

11 years ago

I am 9dpo and had some cramping last night. I am anxious to test but Im going to try to hold out until Saturday! Anybody know how they are going to tell their DH when the BFP comes because its coming for all of us its just a matter of time. No doubting allowed ladies! :)

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/gender/ctp_gender_predictor_boy.jpg

11 years ago

Wierd! Same with me! I'm 2 days late on my period now and I never am late but I did a test first thing this morning and still BFN. Ugh so annoying. Let's get on with the next cycle already..this limbo thing is killin me lol

Maybe we will both get ours today.

I've been thinking about changing up some habits to see if it helps any. I am going to force myself to eat more fruit which I usually don't and try to consciously eat better as if I am pregnant. I know once I am my eating has to change but I feel sometimes like its a loss cause right now. Kinda of like jumping the gun or stressing about something that doesn't matter. I don't eat terribly but I have certain sweets that I love and I'm on the go alot without a great choice of food at home so I eat out alot but try to be good at what I eat. I just know my nutrition has to be alot better once it happens.
I am also getting my DH to be more active with me. We have an eliptical at home but it doesn't get much use so I will either have him go on walks with me or just do the eliptical for 20 a day. I can barely do 20 minutes cause I'm so weak right now. :( Yikes!

Are any of you making any changes in hopes to be healthier for a BFP this next month? :)

Come on CD1!!!! Ugh

@TSIMMONS- I am not sure how I will tell him. He doesn't appear to want to be there each time I test lol. But he does get upset with me if I don't tell him that I test ha ha. We have different workday schedules (i.e he gets to sleep in an hour or two more than I do) so I thought about if I got a BFP in the morning that I would write a note to "Dad" and hide it somewhere that he would find when he got up.

@mrsaskew- I had been on a low carb diet until this month and decided that I would start eating some healthy carbs such as whole grains or fruit. I cut out alcohol pretty much completely. I might have one or two drinks in the first week of CD but nothing after that. I still drink a couple of Coke Zeros throughout the day. I try and exercise 3 days a week. I do a lot of Zumba and PiYo, some kickboxing and some ellipitical. I hope to be able to keep that up as long as possible. I refuse to do what I did 10 years ago and just eat whatever I wanted. 10 years older and it is so much harder to get back to healthy weight again.

11 years ago

@mrsaskew I'm pretty good about eating decent food - i do eat sweets and things but I try to eat as little processed stuff as possible. I did start eating more fruit and drinking more water after my operation in April and it's had the nice side effect of making my skin a lot clearer and less dry!! I used to drink a lot of coffee throughout the day too and now I pretty much only have one in the morning and sometimes a second one later in the day.

Small changes are probably easier to do, like just eat an extra piece of fruit or two a day and not change anything else for a week. You'll end up eating less of the 'bad' stuff naturally cause you're going to be full from the fruit. Or substitute water for soda or sugary drinks. Or dark chocolate (supposed to be good for your heart) instead of something more sugary. Then you can always add something else the following week and it won't seem like you're trying to do too much.

BFP 11/2011; missed m/c 12/2012; D&C 1/2012. Surgery to remove fibroids 4/2012. Trying again 7/2012~ --------- I'm on a quest to live life as if every day were vacation. Follow my journey at http://summerandsundays.com

11 years ago

@TSIMMONS - Thanks for the boost of confidence :) I really need it right about now. :) Its hard to tell when to start testing because everyones different but I would probably try tomorrow at 10DPO just to be safe. :)

I do kind of have a plan once I find out I am pregnant and I'm so excited for the moment I get to tell my DH. We have a boat and we both love to wakeboard although he is obviously much more active in it than I am lol but anyway, I found a onesie on Cafe Press website that says "I Throw Tantrums" (which is an actual trick in wakeboarding) and it has a picture of a wakeboarder doing the Tantrum on the shirt too! It's so cute, it's a newborn size which is even cuter. I'm going to surprise him with that once I find out. I bought it 5 months ago and its been hidden under my passenger seat in my car since then. I can't wait!!!

What's your plan?

Do you do any "crazy" things yet even though your not pregnant yet??? Let's share stories!! I have done some wacko things in preparation of being a mommy so I will admit it first :)

Wow BGGirl & el2011! you go girls!! I must be late on the train then cause I haven't really changed anything yet. I turn 30 in 2 months omg less than 2 months and it is harder for me to be active especially with a kind of lazy DH but I try not to let him stop me. Sometimes I just feel like working out which is good cause I should and need to keep feeling that way and doing it! I am having a yogurt today with fruit for breakfast (it's 7:55am right now at work) :) and a small coffee. I don't drink alot of coffee at all just one in the morning for sweetness mostly but I usually have an old fashioned donut from Starbucks so I already made a change today. :) I don't drink soda at all, I just don't like it so water is my choice and lemonade I love so thank god I don't have to worry about changing that ha!

Also, I walk around at work alot so I'm not unactive just not purposely so I will start working out at home in the evening for at least 10-15 on the eliptical until it's natural and not as hard for me. Then work my way up. Baby steps!! ha ha Thanks for the help ladies!!

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo