Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

261 - 270 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Aw twwtoolong I don't know what to tell you! I would just keep testing every day and checking, technically you're still in since AF hasn't shown - though it is possible if you're messing with hormones that it is just delayed. When I started taking Fertilaid I had my first 30 day cycle EVER, so of course I was freaking out wondering why tests were negatives :(

to you! Keep us posted!

I'm on CD 4 so nowhere exciting yet, AF is still trailing off and I'm crying every time I see a baby. Nothing new.

7 years ago • Post starter

oh- big hug babybump - that is so hard....The something new this month is that you are taking control and getting checked out. Your appt will be here before you know it and hopefully it will lead you to answers!!! One of my good friends who has been through infertility treatment said to me when I was starting my investigative cycle, that when you start down that path is when many women get pregnant, so hopefully we are both on our way to a BFP very soon!

I have literally ran to the bathroom twice this morning, thinking I might have started (no cramps, just thought I felt like it was starting) and still nothing! Worse comes to worse, if I don't have anything by Wed morning, I have a beta scheduled at the RE's office. Only one more day to go insane! lol

7 years ago

Oh Babybump, I'm so sorry. Hopefully you'll get some answers and how to proceed from your apt on oct 13th! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you!

Tww This is so exciting! I looked at your test as well, it looks like a + to me! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well! It sounds to me like you're about to hear some good news! Good luck!!

7 years ago

I hope you are right Jenna! I just got another text message from a friend announcing they are expecting. I have to admit this time my initail reaction was to be very happy for them, they had a late second trimester miscarrage just over a year ago, it was so sad. It would just be nice if it could be us for once!

7 years ago

AF came back to trying this month
Suppose to be ovulating this week so back to trying
Luckily my bf is very very supportive! But now TTC month 4.... So hopefully something soon :)

7 years ago

Thanks ladies, I don't mean to sound sappy and pathetic, its just hard to get out of that mindset lol

twwtoolong I can't imagine a 2nd trimester miscarriage..because by then you're really really planning on it, It would be so hard for me to get back into that mindset so thats great that they are able to overcome that and try again! I really hope this is the good news you've been waiting for too! I'm so invested in this just waiting for your AF to arrive or not! haha

Well ladies - AF showed up lastnight, the test must have totally been an evap.....booo!!!

Calling the clinic today to book my day 3 appt. DH actually said he needed to get his blood checked though, so I told him that we have the script for the clinic, why not just come with me to my appt on Thursday. So hopefully if he sees the place he'll be a little more comfortable and will get up the nerve to do the sperm analysis. I think once the RE has that, he will review our case with us.

Oh well - hopefully more answers soon at least.

7 years ago

Aw twwtoolong I'm sorry! Thats why I was scared to say congrats or anything, when I posted a squinter last month I had lots of people telling me it was positive and congratulations and that made AF even rougher when it came!

What will be happening at the 3day appointment?

Thanks babybump - this far into the ttcing, I have really tried to be cautiously optimistic. I think it's a protective mechanism, I try not to let myself get too excited so the fall won't be so large if it doesn't work out. It is the longest cycle I have had since my B12 was corrected over a year ago, so I am counting that as progress, I had a full 14 day luteal phase when most months I only have an 11 or 12 day luteal phase.

The Day 3 appt is just another baseline ultrasound and bloodwork - since we didn't do the sperm analysis and the post-coital test last cycle, it's essentially a continuation of the investigative cycle. I was actually considering cancelling it. DH and I had a heart to heart lastnight and he's really not ready to get on this train that we both feel is leading to more medication, more interventions and moving from something that should be very intimate, to involving more and more people in trying to make a baby.

Besides my small thyriod issue, all of my tests have come back normal, so it's looking more likely that the issue might be male factor and I am not sure that he is ready to confront that possibility yet. He has been a major avoider when it comes to the sperm analysis, if it's not work than it's that he wants to change a few more things to see if that will help (he's really trying to quit smoking, he's down to about 2 packs a week). DH hasn't said as much, but I think he is scared to get his analysis done. I get it, we were sitting on the referal for 8 months before I was ready to be investigated again because it was nice to live in a world of plausable deniability where maybe the timing was not quite right, or maybe my B12 was affecting things, or maybe my extra weight was impacting it, not wanting to face the reality that for us having a baby might mean being in two different rooms when it happens.

Right now, I am thinking that I will go the appt tomorrow and talk to the nurse afterwards and get her advice in regards to how to procede given where we are right now. Whether we would need another referral when we are ready, if there are any results from the testing last month that they haven't discussed with me yet (ie. I haven't heard back about my AMH test, which gives them an indication about my ovarian reserve) and see where we can go from here. I have heard of too many stories where infertility has broken relationships and I would rather have my DH to grow old with, even if it means we may not have our own kids, than have no relationship and no children.

Sorry to blabber on, how are you feeling? Are you excited for your appt, have they told you what to expect yet?

7 years ago

I know exactly how you feel. Y'all have been trying for about double what we have so I assume our feelings are only half of yours. We also got the script and sample cup to do the sperm analysis, but held onto it for about 3 months because we didn't want to get into all that. It was kind of me pushing just wanting to know what was wrong with us that it couldn't happen, and since testing me was so expensive we knew the easiest option was for him. Now that he's all squared away we're back to assuming it's me and I am 100% on board for this appointment...but if it does come back that there is something stopping us that will take a lot of appts, medicine, tests, etc just to POSSIBLY conceive we're not sure how much we want to invest that way. It's not really a money thing, it's more of an emotional thing like you said. This is supposed to be an intimate "if it happens it happens" kind of moment, and now we're getting very scientific and high tech with it which is weird. I know it all leads to a baby in the end, but we're not sure we want to go through all of that.

I haven't heard anything from them! I assumed I won't even know anything until I show up, when I scheduled the appointment the girl was trying to make it a "fertility evaluation" which means you sit and talk with the doctor about your fertility options. I was like "lady, we did that. We discussed running the actual tests next so thats what I want" and she didn't know what test they would be doing, so I'm just assuming it's the saline one since during my last exam she said if I hadn't conceived by October the saline exam was the best option as a next step. I'm more excited about it than anything, I just want some answers.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo